• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

GZeBw.png

why

Heh, its like GOW 3 all over again, then this

banner.png

Boom. Thank you. This is not the first time it has been advertised, officially, as "Exclusive In-Game Armor."

Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armor
Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armor Skin

Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
“Prime” In-Game Emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armor
Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop

Obviously now it is just a skin, but man what a fuck up. Pretty sure some people from 343 even thought it was exclusive armor at a point.. seems some parts of marketing still think that. This whole LE stuff is just a joke.

What's up with this?

8be1e16a-5cad-411d-8c38-0d3047ca802b.png

Under bonus content it said "find next clue here" and this appeared when I clicked on it...

Looks like it has something to do with the puzzle piece things? I dunno. Its not a left over from the boxart thing.

"crackthecode-5"

lol - Duncan promised he wouldn't post that one...

"Don't make a Wu a promise... if you know you can't keep it."

I don't recall making any promises, but after spending a few hours at the open bar I probably would have said anything. At least it's not a photo of you sleeping on an air mattress. :p

CyReN

For those getting Double XP someone posted this awhile back:

Product = Cost = # of DewXP games = Units -> 200 Matches = Cost of Units -> 200

Mountain Dew
24 Pack = $6.98 = 12 matches = 17 units = $125.78

12 Pack = $3.98 = 6 matches = 34 units = $143.44

Doritos

11.5 oz = $2.68 = 12 matches = 17 units = $48.29

*Above is using 6% tax

Louis Wu

"Don't make a Wu a promise... if you know you can't keep it."

I don't recall making any promises, but after spending a few hours at the open bar I probably would have said anything. At least it's not a photo of you sleeping on an air mattress. :p
Jesus. Don't give anyone ideas.

(I drank a LOT of gin that night. This morning, I was reading an article about sleep deprivation, and how a study of gamblers showed that sleep deprivation shows up like brain damage in that group - and I realized no sleep + too much booze was why I was playing so awfully at the Megabloks party. :) )

bGanci

Banned
Boom. Thank you. This is not the first time it has been advertised, officially, as "Exclusive In-Game Armor."

Obviously now it is just a skin, but man what a fuck up. Pretty sure some people from 343 even thought it was exclusive armor at a point.. seems some parts of marketing still think that. This whole LE stuff is just a joke.

Looks like it has something to do with the puzzle piece things? I dunno. Its not a left over from the boxart thing.

"crackthecode-5"
It's clearly backwards. I wonder if this is connected to the forerunner letters C and 3 we have found. Also the bulletin hidden message.
Keep eyes open during FuD part 3 and the halo 4 commercial coming out tomorrow.

FyreWulff

Also, I'd rather MS not have a Halo at launch. Launch games always feel like launch games. People know it's coming, like MarioKart and Zelda when they buy Nintendo consoles. No need to rush it out for launch release. We all know how well that worked out for Perfect Dark Zero.

Oozer3993

Nope. That's the faulty info 343i gave us when they revealed the LE. Funny how all MS sites say that but other sites say, correctly, it is only a skin.

No, 343 ALWAYS said it was a skin:

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

From the May reveal of the LE.

wwm0nkey

Also, I'd rather MS not have a Halo at launch. Launch games always feel like launch games. People know it's coming, like MarioKart and Zelda when they buy Nintendo consoles. No need to rush it out for launch release. We all know how well that worked out for Perfect Dark Zero.

I think Microsoft is thinking like this, First 2 years should be focused to heavily pushing new IPs and then launch a block buster game to maximize on current console sales while hoping one of those IPs they were pushing becomes a hit like with Gears of War.

I am thinking Destiny will be a launch title for the new system as well as a few other games/cross generation titles (Battlefield 4, Rainbow 6)

bGanci

Banned
Woah that BR/ dmr post a page or so back was pretty interesting. Kind of shocked the BR has bleed through while the dmr doesn't.
My guess because its three shots instead of one. Dmr is only one shot So it will take down the shields. Br has three shots so the first shot or two will hit he shields and not bleed through buy you have a a third shot that hits the shield less person. Not really bleed through if in not mistaken,

Woorloog

Banned
My guess because its three shots instead of one. Dmr is only one shot So it will take down the shields. Br has three shots so the first shot or two will hit he shields and not bleed through buy you have a a third shot that hits the shield less person. Not really bleed through if in not mistaken,

This is what i'm thinking. I reckon most weapons don't actually have bleedthrough, but it may look like they do due to burst or automatic fire.

Top Bottom