• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Please don't take this as a political endorsement, or a suggestion that we should move PoliGAF here. I just thought this was funny.

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

n82fla8a1g.gif

If you find a Terminal, the game will say you it is downloaded to HaloWaypoint. So I would say yes, you have to watch them via HaloWaypoint.
Did any of the leaked walkthrough vids possibly showed the same? Didn't expect this somewhat significant change in experiencing every terminal...

DesertFox

So the codes on Doritos are on the outside of the bag?

#douchehat

Going to snap 30 some pics with my cell phone tonight at Target.

People like you ruin the promotion for people who legitimately pay for the bag of chips. I'd be furious if the code I paid for was redeemed by someone snapping pics in a store.

Please don't be that person.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
People like you ruin the promotion for people who legitimately pay for the bag of chips. I'd be furious if the code I paid for was redeemed by someone snapping pics in a store.

Please don't be that person.

This happened to me around 5 or 6 times during the MW3 Dexp promotion.
2 of those bags were the XL from Walmart.

To anyone who actually does that, I hope you win the lotto....

And either lose the ticket, get hit by a car, turn it in a day late and lose the winnings, etc etc etc.

Please don't take this as a political endorsement, or a suggestion that we should move PoliGAF here. I just thought this was funny.

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
Got that link in an email this morning, and a friend of mine had this response:

"This joke from the DNC is just another distraction from an administration that has not operated with a budget, doesn't have a tax plan of their own, can only call the other side liar and get upset when asking questions about terrorism.
No more jokes. Vote."

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The reality is the Terminals were coming in too late for them to be on disc and viewable in-game. Using Waypoint as a mechanism for allowing players to watch them was the method we chose for distribution.

Has anyone found any gamerfuel? Went to a bunch of stores today and nothing there

Are those the orange ones? After the NYCC Halo 4 panel, Alison walked up to the group of HaloGaffers and opened a box full of Doritos bags and Gamer Fuel bottles. We all muttered comments about not being hungry/thirsty (we just had Slurpees) and politely declined - until Alison said "Guys, it's Double XP! Take it!"

The cardboard box was empty in seconds.

Hypertrooper tasted a bottle of Gamer Fuel the next day. He poured a small amount into a hilariously tiny plastic cup and was sipping at it, saying "How can you Americans drink this stuff?"

Doritos, Gamer Fuel, German chocolate, NY pizza... That was not a healthy trip for me. At least I got plenty of exercise walking around the convention center and Manhattan all day.

Vire

The reality is the Terminals were coming in too late for them to be on disc and viewable in-game. Using Waypoint as a mechanism for allowing players to watch them was the method we chose for distribution.

Dat disc space. :(

Oh well, not the biggest deal.

Moa

So what about offline players? Can they not view them at all without hopping onto YouTube and hunting for them?

Sai-kun

Banned
So what about offline players? Can they not view them at all without hopping onto YouTube and hunting for them?

I get your point, except

"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 1"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 2"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 3"

etc

is all it will take to find them, and someone will probably even put them all in one video.

S1kkZ

Not 100 percent sure but I think you need gold to use waypoint

true.
the solution is just bad. why not make it downloadable and viewable from the game itself (works for the spartan ops cutscenes?!) AND waypoint? wehen i find a terminal, i need t get out of the game, boot up waypoint, search for the content and wait for the video to load/stream.

I get your point, except

"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 1"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 2"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 3"

etc

is all it will take to find them, and someone will probably even put them all in one video.

Someone shouldnt be locked out of single player content like terminals because they are silver.

Vire

I wonder how much Halo 4 would have benefited from a Blu-ray disc...

Between 8 gigs needing to be downloaded, terminals being outsourced to waypoint, shit ton of assets for Spartan Ops/Campaign/Multiplayer/Forge.

TWO DVD DISCS CANNOT WITHHOLD THE AWESOMENESS OF HALO 4.

Beckx

Would you have preferred we cut the feature?

Somewhat complicated question. Yes: more cool stuff available outside of the software itself is fantastic.

But it's also outside of the game experience, even though it's unlocked by playing. I love when I can immerse myself in a game - all the little details and hidden bits, happening inside that one offering. Leaving the game to go to another application lessens that feeling.

I'm sure the videos are going to be great and if the choice is have nothing or have waypoint videos, then of course I choose waypoint videos. Just saying I'd also choose to downgrade from videos to something else, like text, to keep the story elements inside the game itself.

I really appreciate the answers you guys are giving. I totally understand the situation. However - and I know most modern gamers wouldn't agree with me - if the choice was between in game text and out of game videos, I would have preferred in game text.

Just for what it's worth. Not a complaint, but you asked.

Spartan Ops requires Gold Membership, just thought I'd put that out there.

Still looking for an answer to this: does it require gold to even play it, or if a gold account downloads it, can silver accounts on the same box play it offline after that.

DesertFox

I'm too selfish to care about this sort of shit. If people are buying Halo 4 and they don't have Gold/Webz, that's not my problem.

This - I mean let's face it, what percentage of people buying Halo 4 are not going to have Internet/Live Gold?

I'd venture to say they'd be a very small minority.

"PURCHASE GOLD MEMBERSHIP TO UNLOCK TERMINAL"

lol, like Genesis said, I've got Gold so I tend to be of the mindset "This doesn't affect me so I don't care"

Hope that doesn't sound a-hole-ish, but it's true.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Imagine you're an Arcade owner with a Silver account

Multiplayer doesn't even have the slimmest of chances!

I wonder how many offline users even care to find terminals.

Sanjuro

Second disc is install disc; think BF3 and Forza.

Also what do you mean same fate as Halo 2?

A large portion of the Halo 2 discs shipped loose in the special packaging. Scratched to hell.

Haven't played any of those other games. I normally install my games though, so that's cool.

Does the Xbox Live trial they hand out let you access Waypoint? Just don't use it until you got them all! :lol

A large portion of the Halo 2 discs shipped loose in the special packaging. Scratched to hell.

Haven't played any of those other games. I normally install my games though, so that's cool.
I thought that was Halo 3.

Sai-kun

Banned
true.
the solution is just bad. why not make it downloadable and viewable from the game itself (works for the spartan ops cutscenes?!) AND waypoint? wehen i find a terminal, i need t get out of the game, boot up waypoint, search for the content and wait for the video to load/stream.

Waypoint is bootable from the main menu of the game, for what it's worth.

Louis Wu

While there's always the issue of letting the site know that you've unlocked the terms (requires a connection to LIVE), I don't think a Gold account will be needed - they did the CEA terminals on the web, and you could view them from a Silver account. (I could be wrong. I haven't talked to anyone about this.)

Top Bottom