• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Moa

Still looking for an answer to this: does it require gold to even play it, or if a gold account downloads it, can silver accounts on the same box play it offline after that.

If you enter a Spartan Ops lobby on a non-Gold account/offline account, it tells you you need an Xbox LIVE account with gold membership at the bottom.

A large portion of the Halo 2 discs shipped loose in the special packaging. Scratched to hell.

Haven't played any of those other games. I normally install my games though, so that's cool.
Yeah you play the game from disc one and install all of the maps and stuff from disc two.

Also, you're thinking of the Halo 3 Limited Edition. I doubt MS will make the same mistake twice in regards to the packaging.

Pics please.
Will do.

Sanjuro

Does the Xbox Live trial they hand out let you access Waypoint? Just don't use it until you got them all! :lol

I thought that was Halo 3.

Could have been both actually. Memory is fading though.

EDIT: Yeah, it was H3. It wasn't that big of an issue because most people ordered the edition with the helmet primarily over that.

I get your point, except

"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 1"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 2"
"search youtube.com: Halo 4 Domain Terminal 3"

etc

is all it will take to find them, and someone will probably even put them all in one video.

Are the Halo 4 terminals already just sitting on Youtube? Are these ripped from the actual game?

S1kkZ

Waypoint is bootable from the main menu of the game, for what it's worth.

still takes too long and takes you out of the game (and since the new dash beta, waypoint has a video bug that gives every streaming video black lines and was never fixed (at least for me in germany)). looking for the terminals in anniversary was fantastic but i dont see a reason to look for them in h4. watching the videos on youtube will be the better/faster experience.

still takes too long and takes you out of the game (and since the new dash beta, waypoint has a video bug that gives every streaming video black lines and was never fixed (at least for me in germany)). looking for the terminals in anniversary was fantastic but i dont see a reason to look for them in h4. watching the videos on youtube will be the better/faster experience.
The Dashboard will be out of beta and HaloWaypoint will get a new update in time for Halo 4's launch.

we are still talking about a bunch of videos, right? and it seems to be no problem for the spartan ops cutscenes.
Do not compare those two things. Spartan Ops was developed in mind of weekly CGI cutscenes. The campaign was not. I do not think it is that simple to update the campaign levels to support a DLC. There are lot of things to think of. More than you and I can imagine.

m23

Hopefully Waypoint is made a lot faster, and can that damn Kinect issue get fixed already? I keep my Kinect plugged in but switched off, yet if I want to use Waypoint I need to turn on the Kinect every time. Its really annoying.

Another annoying part about that is that if I'm using my controller for Waypoint and I'm watching a video, that stupid glove icon pops up and flashes in and out every 2 seconds cuz it thinks I'm trying to access the menu.... I've searched for a way to turn off the Kinect stuff for Waypoint but I don't think it exists.

I have the same issue. I rarely use Waypoint for that same reason.

DesertFox

Hopefully Waypoint is made a lot faster, and can that damn Kinect issue get fixed already? I keep my Kinect plugged in but switched off, yet if I want to use Waypoint I need to turn on the Kinect every time. Its really annoying.

Another annoying part about that is that if I'm using my controller for Waypoint and I'm watching a video, that stupid glove icon pops up and flashes in and out every 2 seconds cuz it thinks I'm trying to access the menu.... I've searched for a way to turn off the Kinect stuff for Waypoint but I don't think it exists.

This - I mean let's face it, what percentage of people buying Halo 4 are not going to have Internet/Live Gold?

I'd venture to say they'd be a very small minority.

I think you're making a bad assumption here. The last number I remember was that only 60% of the 360 install base has an XBL Gold account. That study is a few years old, but the point stands that there is a significant population that stick with Silver or stay offline. I remember hearing that 75% of the people that purchased Halo 3 never set foot in matchmaking.

That said, I'd rather get Waypoint-only Terminals than none at all. Canon geeks such as myself will find a way to view them no matter what. When I go to rewatch the Halo 3 terminals I don't boot up the game, I just look them up on youtube (or at that snazzy HBO hub).

-------
As for skulls, I'm content with getting the same lineup as previous games. I imagine people would be annoyed if 343 hadn't included the standard set, I was just hoping for more. (Especially one that disables soft-kill zones and boundaries in Campaign.) Anniversary was a special case because they couldn't include the normal set and had to get creative with the Halo CE engine.

I'm okay with skulls being unlocked as long as there is something to scratch that scavenger hunt itch - like the Terminals. I imagine skulls need to be available to everyone from the start so they can be used for Challenges.

Lame.
You should've made 3 less Spec ops missions and do the Terminals properly.
The terminals were in the missions you just deleted.
yYXTG.jpg

I think you're making a bad assumption here. The last number I remember was that only 60% of the 360 install base has an XBL Gold account. That study is a few years old, but the point stands that there is a significant population that stick with Silver or stay offline. I remember hearing that 75% of the people that purchased Halo 3 never set foot in matchmaking.

That said, I'd rather get Waypoint-only Terminals than none at all. Canon geeks such as myself will find a way to view them no matter what. When I go to rewatch the Halo 3 terminals I don't boot up the game, I just look them up on youtube (or at that snazzy HBO hub).
Agreed. Additionally most of the people who actually care about the terminals will have Gold anyways.

Will there be a page in the Community Evolved book about all of the changes the HBO forums have gone through since 1999...oh wait.

Just messing with you Wu

DesertFox

-------
As for skulls, I'm content with getting the same lineup as previous games. I imagine people would be annoyed if 343 hadn't included the standard set, I was just hoping for more. (Especially one that disables soft-kill zones and boundaries in Campaign.) Anniversary was a special case because they couldn't include the normal set and had to get creative with the Halo CE engine.

I'm okay with skulls being unlocked as long as there is something to scratch that scavenger hunt itch - like the Terminals. I imagine skulls need to be available to everyone from the start so they can be used for Challenges.

That's probably true - and I would prefer to have them on the disc as well so they can be accessed seamlessly. I loved the hunt for the terminals in Halo CE and genuinely enjoyed them. I'm sure I'll still enjoy finding the Halo 4 terminals even if it's not quite as seemless a process.

The reality is the Terminals were coming in too late for them to be on disc and viewable in-game. Using Waypoint as a mechanism for allowing players to watch them was the method we chose for distribution.
Terminals will notify to watch the video on waypoint. Once on waypoint the content is then already available or are codes needed to be inputted per content to unlock?

gillFTR

Hmmm, way to be a Debby downer.

Guess we'll find out shortly.

Like I said earlier should have some more gameplay vids. Ill also be able to upload atleast 1 of the 3 vids before I leave to work. So about 2 hours. So you guys can get your fix.

Woorloog

Banned
The reality is the Terminals were coming in too late for them to be on disc and viewable in-game. Using Waypoint as a mechanism for allowing players to watch them was the method we chose for distribution.

Disappointing but telling us this is appreciated.
Will look for the terminals in-game and then watch them via youtube as that seems to be the most practical option.
Waypoint app looks nice but its functionality is weak (too many submenus, hard to find what i want), along with ridiculously long startup loading time.

So just found this on HBO:
http://www.areyouworthy.se/teaser/

-http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1158121

Its really for swedish fans only, but the sites probably worth poking around anyway.

Hah, thats pretty cool.. I wonder if the US will get anything like this.

GUYS TONIGHT:

Quick reminder on the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dZsa4oPwQ

Yes yes yes yes!

Yeah. Thats probably not happening tonight. Anyways, Im super hyped for the live action trailer.

Top Bottom