• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. What is the date on HaloGAF, once the game is released, that we can start talking about spoilers freely? Are we going to spoiler tag? Just thought I would ask.

BigShow36

ffgh.gif

Less than 3 weeks.

That "headshot" right there pretty well illustrates my problem with the BR.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. What is the date on HaloGAF, once the game is released, that we can start talking about spoilers freely? Are we going to spoiler tag? Just thought I would ask.
Go the spoiler thread for freely talking spoilers, at least for the first week? Thread is there for a reason.
People don't need to be posting about MP and be surrounded by black bars.

Woorloog

Banned

I'd say months at least, maybe even up to year (might be excessive of course). There are always some latercomers.

I wonder what will be the spoiler policy for Halo 5... because i will most likely skip the next gen Xbox and its games till Halo 6 comes out. Avoiding spoilers for Halo 5 is going to be tough.

I'm disappointed we won't be digging for skulls in campaign (and that there are no new skulls). Would've been awesome to have to find terminals and skulls.

I still have to finish TTW.

Woorloog

Banned
Go the spoiler thread for freely talking spoilers, at least for the first week? Thread is there for a reason.
People don't need to be posting about MP and be surrounded by black bars.

Do people use spoiler tags in the story thread? If they don't, it is a worthless place, i may want to discuss about stuff without wanting to know about some book or other things i haven't yet read/seen myself.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I hope it doesn't take long until I get my sweet DMR.

Halo 4 would become game of the forever if there was a white with candy red stripes camo for the DMR.

No, the DMR is single shot. When someone gets a headshot like that with the DMR, they timed their shot correctly. With the BR, he starts shooting well before the reticle is on the head and simply sweeps it across.

But the reticule is still over the player's head for that one frame needed to hit the shot. The BR makes it slightly more likely to happen. Instead of lining up one shot on the head, you are given 3 shots to land one. You still have to time it and hit the head. It's almost exactly the difference between the DMR and BR.

MrBig

Can't wait until I see a cool place I want to go and then get "RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD"

Worst thing to have happened to Halo campaigns. There best be more switches like the one found on The Package to turn them off for people that specifically want to explore.

FyreWulff

Hopefully we'll get usage data on the breakdown between them from 343. Or a way to calculate it ourselves *cough*

After voting, we've determined the results too close to call. So we've made "Infinity Slayer" and "Super Slayer", a clone of Infinity Slayer with all DMR starts.

Also, know what they could do with the terminals? Release all the maps on a later disc (H4: Mythic) that installs all the DLC, and include the terminal videos on that disc.

BR vs DMR is going to be the new AR vs BR debate.

This is gonna be good.

But the reticule is still over the player's head for that one frame needed to hit the shot. The BR makes it slightly more likely to happen. Instead of lining up one shot on the head, you are given 3 shots to land one. You still have to time it and hit the head. It's almost exactly the difference between the DMR and BR.
Off to a decent start.

After voting, we've determined the results too close to call. So we've made "Infinity Slayer" and "Super Slayer", a clone of Infinity Slayer with all DMR starts.
davidEllisSquadSlayer.png
Still not a fan of the dirt and brown they added to Valhalla. Looks like a classic map was dragged over to COD.
It really looks more like sand erosion to me. The motivations for the change are lost on me, making the ground so ..barren.

BigShow36

What? The player isn't "timing" the middle shot of the three round burst, they're just sweeping it and the magnetism and aim assist do the rest. The DMR requires that the player have the reticle over their enemies head at the exact same moment they pull the trigger. The BR allows a huge swath of aiming to essentially count as a headshot.

FyreWulff

Off to a decent start.

The (AR/DMR/BR/Carbine) is not a good enough weapon to start everyone off with. Instead, everyone should be spawned with the (DMR/BR/Carbine) so that they can counter (BR/DMR/Carbine) users off spawn. The lack of (bloom/recoil/spread/purple) on the weapon makes it the proper skill based utility weapon to start off spawn with.

J10

Banned
Why couldn't the campaign and multiplayer fit on one disc together? Is the campaign especially long? Does it have something to do with the boost in graphics?

Apath

I looks decent, wouldn't mind this forge map being in MM, it's when its 500 cousins show up that things get less than good.
That's my biggest issue with Reach. It was fine when just a handful of Forge maps were being thrown in, but now there has to be more than 20 different forge maps in match making. They look so alike that I have difficulty differentiating and adapting, especially with the maps that I haven't played as much.

Making forge have only one single palette on a giant map that looks largely similar no matter where it is, coupled with throwing a plethora of forge variants into matchmaking just wasn't such a good idea IMHO. It also doesn't help that the preview images are all exactly the same.
As far as I know, I stand alone as Team Carbine.
Team Halo 3 Beta Carbine

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I know, I stand alone as Team Carbine.
I don't really understand why you're on team carbine. You've said a few times that it needs a buff. Is it just aesthetics and nostalgia?

I've stopped trying to guess which rifle I'll use as my main. I'm still thinking BR for small maps and DMR for large maps, but it's impossible to say till I get my hands on'em.

FyreWulff

Why couldn't the campaign and multiplayer fit on one disc together? Is the campaign especially long? Does it have something to do with the boost in graphics?

You're talking about a company that released Halo 1: Anniversary, and ran out of space to include the Halo 1 gametype on the disc. Meaning you cannot play Halo 1 Slayer on Halo: Anniversary unless you have Gold so you can go online and download the gametype.

DVD is on it's way out, MS relaxed disc count restrictions, welcome to the Blu Ray-based-disc generation.

Team Light Rifle anyone?

Team One Shot on my X

Top Bottom