• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Hyper is gonna beat the shit out of you.

People should stop berating people for posting news - there is no such thing as old news when this place moves so fast. The pic is news to me! So thanks for posting it OddOne!

EDIT: I would love to see the Vortex gameplay if someone can send it?

zlatko

Banned
Best Buy has the 100% trade bump back if you're looking for a B&M outlet starting 10/21. The wireless controllers are supposed to be $39.99 as well, probably not the Halo 4 edition although. Still a good time to get the one with the transforming d-pad anyway.

Yeah I was just on their site to see what each of my games would amount to were I to take them there.

I'm going to probably just go trade in Dead or Alive 5 tonight to get halo anniversary. Then when I wrap up anni and blands 2 in this next week I can go back, trade them in along with odst and persona 4 arena, then boom, controller.

Edit: I will say fuck the new wireless controller for not coming with a battery charger as the standard. I don't want to use your shitty AA batteries. :/

Bsigg12

Does anybody know if trading in BL2 with the instant $40 trade-in value (Power Up rewards Pro member thing until the 21st) will go up with Gamestop's 30% more trade-in value for putting it towards Halo 4?

Well it's official. Halo 4 is now just a standard edition for me.. but at least I preordered Dead Space 3 while at GameStop :]

Thank you to whoever fucked this up.

Akai__

Just a random question, for those who played Halo 4 already:

How do grenades fly in Halo 4? Similiar to an other Halo game?

Haha, love it when I switch from one Halo game to an other. I always screw up the nades for some matches and my friends hate me for that, sometimes. :p

xBrutality

Neo Member
Can someone please PM me a link to the Abandon gameplay? Thanks in advance :)

Oh and new LIVE episode of The Halo Council at 11 EST tomorrow night with Gandhi, Dmaq, and Elamite!!

zlatko

Banned
Just a random question, for those who played Halo 4 already:

How do grenades fly in Halo 4? Similiar to an other Halo game?

Haha, love it when I switch from one Halo game to an other. I always screw up the nades for some matches and my friends hate me for that, sometimes. :p

I have to say, not having played H3 since 2007 when it came out, it was a mind fuck to play ODST. No run function and reload was right bumper. I was confuzzled as fuck, but wound up liking it a LOT more than Reach's controller lay out.

Definitely going to try various choices in H4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Four shot BR kills in Slayer Pro are going to be delicious.

wtHOq.gif

Willeth

Damn, how long's it been?

We thought you died!
Not dead, just missing in action.

I fell out of the loop a bit and somehow managed to miss both PAX meets despite being there. I think the last contact I had with you guys was when Hypertrooper blanked me in the street...

Truth be told I'm only back because some kidder's buying my copy of 4. :p

Not dead, just missing in action.

I fell out of the loop a bit and somehow managed to miss both PAX meets despite being there. I think the last contact I had with you guys was when Hypertrooper blanked me in the street...

Truth be told I'm only back because some kidder's buying my copy of 4. :p

Something something stage fright something.

Fuck that. I'd rage. :mad: I'd bitch like a mofo at that store.

Oh haha I meant I changed it to a standard edition since it's no longer worth it to get the LE :b - Hell yeah I would've collected a heads had GameStop messed up an order like that!

So what's this Abandon vid I heard mention of? Anyone want to hook up a PM por favor? :] And Bliss, same here.

zlatko

Banned
Oh haha I meant I changed it to a standard edition since it's no longer worth it to get the LE :b - Hell yeah I would've collected a heads had GameStop messed up an order like that!

So what's this Abandon vid I heard mention of? Anyone want to hook up a PM por favor? :] And Bliss, same here.

Why not? Free in game items, cool case, extra goodies hopefully to be on par with Hasley's journal for Reach, and the first 3 map packs bundled in.

Why not? Free in game items, cool case, extra goodies hopefully to be on par with Hasley's journal for Reach, and the first 3 map packs bundled in.

It's cheaper to get the Regular Edition + Season Pass, and you actually get more items that way too. Specializations are unlocked just for playing in the first two weeks so the LE doesn't even have that over the RE.

Really all you're paying extra for is the steelbook and the ship diagrams or whatever. If those are meaningless to you (like they are to me) then the RE is the way to go.

zlatko

Banned
It's cheaper to get the Regular Edition + Season Pass, and you actually get more items that way too. Specializations are unlocked just for playing in the first two weeks so the LE doesn't even have that over the RE.

Really all you're paying extra for is the steelbook and the ship diagrams or whatever. If those are meaningless to you (like they are to me) then the RE is the way to go.

More items? Tell me more. Now I'm curious. While the LE package is awesome...I'll go the route that gets me more customization options for my spartan and the maps for the cheapest amount.

DesertFox

Well if you consider that you're getting the map pass which is $25 dollars, then you're really getting everything else for an additional $15 which isn't that bad for us fiction nerds.

(I know the LE doesn't include the 2 helmets, but still you're getting the maps)

If you're a fiction nerd then the LE is a great value, I'd imagine.

I just wish they had called it the "Fiction Nerd Edition" so I would've known not to get it, myself. I personally don't care about the fiction, I just wanted the maps and specialization unlocks and the cool skins and helmets and stuff. I thought I was getting that at a value with the Limited Edition but I'm not. The whole way it was all communicated was confusing.

Can't argue with you there, nothing that's exclusive in the LE is worth having.
Recruit Armor - nope
Early Access to Specializations - Nope
Skins - YES!

More items? Tell me more. Now I'm curious. While the LE package is awesome...I'll go the route that gets me more customization options for my spartan and the maps for the cheapest amount.

Here's how I made my decision -> With the standalone season pass, you get two exclusive helmets that you don't get as part of the season pass with the LE:

images

So the season pass taken away from the LE (let's say ~$110) leaves you with ~$85. The standard is ~$65. So essentially, you'd be paying ~$20 for some art and the case. Not even the early access to Specializations is exclusive to LE anymore because anyone who plays Halo 4 within the first couple weeks will have access to them too.

Well if you consider that you're getting the map pass which is $25 dollars, then you're really getting everything else for an additional $15 which isn't that bad for us fiction nerds.

(I know the LE doesn't include the 2 helmets, but still you're getting the maps)

If you're a fiction nerd then the LE is a great value, I'd imagine.

I just wish they had called it the "Fiction Nerd Edition" so I would've known not to get it, myself. I personally don't care about the fiction, I just wanted the maps and specialization unlocks and the cool skins and helmets and stuff. I thought I was getting that at a value with the Limited Edition but I'm not. The whole way it was all communicated was confusing.

Top Bottom