• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

feel

I can see the intro right now

Starring....

umad-o.gif
Is that heckfu? Where is this from? lol

I'd prefer it if they'd cut the feature, some people don't have access to the internet, let alone Xbox LIVE, whether it be money issues or their location.

It sucks completely for them.

So your logic.
"If not everyone has access to the feature, cut it"? That is what I am getting from your posts. So Spartan Ops is basically a huge waste of time then because not everyone can enjoy it?

This world...can be so unfair...

Flipyap

Now that I re-think this, the feature shouldn't have been in-game at all, it should have been website based and you just release one terminal per week on Waypoint itself, it still doesn't solve the issue for those who don't have internet access, but it is better than having achievements in there for it and those without the internet can't even access the content.
Agreed. The circumstances may be out of their control, but this way they've basically turned a (hardcore) fan favorite feature into nothing more than an achievement dispenser, cutting it completely and repurposing the videos as a series of motion comics would probably make the whole mess look a lot less sad.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why would me thinking it needs a buff preclude me from enjoying the weapon the most? Saying "it needs a slight buff" – emphasis on the word 'slight' – doesn't translate to "it's weak as hell and useless." The gun feels good to fire, you can pump the trigger as fast as you want and won't lose any accuracy (as far as I can tell, or it's minimal) and from mid to close range it seems you can hold your own against DMR/BR users. I had a lot of fun with it.
Well, when I find myself saying "This gun needs a buff," I usually don't make that gun my weapon of choice. I like to kill guys in Halo, and I like to not die. Which means I want to use a gun that feels adequately powerful -- i.e. not in need of a slight buff. I do sometimes choose guns that are weaker just because they're fun to use, like the Mauler over the shotgun in Halo 3. But I don't see myself choosing a gun that needs a buff -- however slight -- as my loadout primary.

Also: If the gun can hold its own against the DMR and BR, then why does it need a buff?

JackHerer

What? The player isn't "timing" the middle shot of the three round burst, they're just sweeping it and the magnetism and aim assist do the rest. The DMR requires that the player have the reticle over their enemies head at the exact same moment they pull the trigger. The BR allows a huge swath of aiming to essentially count as a headshot.

You can still kinda sweep shot with the DMR and the magnetism will help you out IME. Not to the extent of the BR though.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I'd prefer it if they'd cut the feature, some people don't have access to the internet, let alone Xbox LIVE, whether it be money issues or their location.

It sucks completely for them.

Some people don't have HDTVs, by your logic we should lower our rendering resolution to 640x480.

Do you just hit random keys and press enter?

Some people don't have HDTVs, by your logic we should lower our rendering resolution to 640x480.

Do you just hit random keys and press enter?

Wasn't that what you guys did for the original trilogy? Halo Reach 2 is the only one to be native 720p and it's still loaded with all sorts of terrible textures and lighting.

gillFTR

Alright FFA Abandon uploaded, PMs are going out. Leaving to work so up to you guys to distribute the file, just make sure they can be trusted. Lets try to keep it up for more than a couple hours this time.

Next videos will be Infinity Slayer on Vortex and FFA on Adrift. Bad news is I wont be able to upload them until I come home from work.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It sucks for non-internet people, but it's not like they are missing out on anything hugely important. Terminals are supposed to be side things for people to get a bit more info on the story. Non-internet folk can still go find them, they will just need to go to their local library to watch them. They aren't missing anything from the main story.

Must suck for those people to not be able to play entire games in 2012 (Diablo 3).

Shadders

or via smartglass on my smartphone?

I'm really interested to know how the game will interact with tablets.

In 2012 I think its totally reasonable for a business to treat people without an internet connection as a negligible market and disregard them.

I'd be amazed if next gen consoles supported SD.

Well, when I find myself saying "This gun needs a buff," I usually don't make that gun my weapon of choice. I like to kill guys in Halo, and I like to not die. Which means I want to use a gun that feels adequately powerful -- i.e. not in need of a slight buff. I do sometimes choose guns that are weaker just because they're fun to use, like the Mauler over the shotgun in Halo 3. But I don't see myself choosing a gun that needs a buff -- however slight -- as my loadout primary.
Then don't use it, dear. I wasn't trying to convince anyone to use the Carbine over any other weapon.
Also: If the gun can hold its own against the DMR and BR, then why does it need a buff?
Sometimes it felt like it took too many shots to kill, but that could be my badness in aiming rearing its ugly head. Sometimes I felt like I was only able to kill my opponent because I was able to get off more shots in a shorter period of time, but I guess that's balanced. I guess I should say "it may need a slight buff." Overall I felt like I could hold my own, and I don't remember any deaths that caused me to think, "I died because of the Carbine."

Bsigg12

or via smartglass on my smartphone?

Like they said a week or so back, the SmartGlass demo at E3 was just a concept and not actually there. I'll look for the Stinkles post explaining it, but the Terminals are supposed to be unlocked in Waypoint on the 360 I believe is the way it works.

gillFTR

Like they said a week or so back, the SmartGlass demo at E3 was just a concept and not actually there. I'll look for the Stinkles post explaining it, but the Terminals are supposed to be unlocked in Waypoint on the 360 I believe is the way it works.

Just like Milo.

I'll just go ahead and say it: Anyone who doesn't have Live is completely irrelevant to the development of a title which has re-playability built around online features.

Also, this is 2012 do people really not own Live or have PSN in this day and age?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't trying to convince anyone to use the Carbine over any other weapon.
I never said you were trying to convince anyone, and I wasn't trying to convince you that you shouldn't use it. I just asked you why you like it if you feel it needs a buff.

Edit : Saw your edit. That makes sense.

One terminal per week? Yeah no thanks. If you don't have Live, or access to internet in 2012 then too bad.

Considering that, in the US, about 1/10 of the country doesn't even have access to broadband internet (let alone LIVE), it's a legitimate concern.

I realize that innovation shouldn't be stifled by stuff like broadband availability, but it still has the ability to affect the consumer base of a product like this.

Also, this is 2012 do people really not own Live or have PSN in this day and age?

See above

Nowise10

So what about offline players? Can they not view them at all without hopping onto YouTube and hunting for them?

Halo 4 is an online game.

You cant use theater mode, play Spartan Ops, level up fast, play Matchmaking, use commendations/ect. if you arent online.

DesertFox

Alright FFA Abandon uploaded, PMs are going out. Leaving to work so up to you guys to distribute the file, just make sure they can be trusted. Lets try to keep it up for more than a couple hours this time.

Next videos will be Infinity Slayer on Vortex and FFA on Adrift. Bad news is I wont be able to upload them until I come home from work.

Definitely interested in seeing this - what time do you get off work?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll just go ahead and say it: Anyone who doesn't have Live is completely irrelevant to the development of a title which has re-playability built around online features.

I didn't have Xbox Live until last August. Only reason I have it now is because I'm at college.

I considered myself important to the development of Halo games. I've played more offline Halo than many people have played online.

gillFTR

Definitely interested in seeing this - what time do you get off work?

Its a family business, so I can leave whenever, but I might stay until closing at 9 PST depends on how I feel lol. Just ask for the link in the the thread and hopefully people who got it will share for FFA on Abandon.

PM plz

Top Bottom