• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Gifs are fun.

iDl5RaSvL3F3A.gif

My current plans:

-Pre-order LE at Gamestop.
-Pre-order SE at Best Buy.
-Purchase Oceanic skin code from Wal-Mart.
-Pick up SE at Best Buy on launch night + season pass.
-Pick up LE whenever, nab the pre-order skins that came with it.
-Keep LE for a bit until it gets some more value, maybe nab the Prime skins if the new buyer doesn't want one.

This would get me everything but Locus and Amazon's skins... right?

And what "design philosophy" is that? Also, in what way does the Mantis fit it, if there's nothing in the game that even remotely resembles its construction...?
Halo's human vehicles are antique compared to the Covenant's. Those vehicles looks like if they are coming from a near future and not a future which is hundreds of years away. The Mantis seems like a vehicle which could walk around at the end of this century. Maybe I used the term "design philosophy" wrong.

Willeth

My current plans:

-Keep LE for a bit until it gets some more value, maybe nab the Prime skins if the new buyer doesn't want one.

Haha, and I thought I had to do some arcane nonsense to get all the Gears 3 skins.

Tunavi

Banned
My current plans:

= 305.35 + Tax

Bobs' v Elzar

Best of 3 game series is happening right now.

CTF on the pit.

Oh my god that was terrible. Wish I had just left the game with the Hobo. That second game really became an endurance test - I didn't know if I was going to be able to get to the end of that match without falling asleep.

Halo 4 cant come soon enough.

Halo's human vehicles are antique compared to the Covenant's. Those vehicles looks like if they are coming from a near future and not a future which is hundreds of years away. The Mantis seems like a vehicle which could walk around at the end of this century. Maybe I used the term "design philosophy" wrong.
I'd say the opposite is true, or at least they'd be just as likely as each other.

exo2_push_ups_1.jpg

58606.jpg

I also think Halo 4 has gone in a much more futuristic UNSC aesthetic, less Aliens and more .. Ghost in the Shell SAC? No, perhaps GitS is not the most suitable of analoguelies..

Oh my god that was terrible. Wish I had just left the game with the Hobo. That second game really became an endurance test - I didn't know if I was going to be able to get to the end of that match without falling asleep.

Halo 4 cant come soon enough.

Terribly..awesome, for red team of course. :p

BigShow36

Do you guys honestly care that much about stupid helmets and armor? I rarely even redeem the codes that I get with pre-orders because in the end, who gives a shit? I can't beleive people are contemplating spending real money on getting extra skins. If 343 gave you the option to purchase extra armor in the game, would you do that too?

Do you guys honestly care that much about stupid helmets and armor? I rarely even redeem the codes that I get with pre-orders because in the end, who gives a shit? I can't beleive people are contemplating spending real money on getting extra skins. If 343 gave you the option to purchase extra armor in the game, would you do that too?

Yeah. Would I hate myself for it a little? Sure, but I would buy all of it. :(

= 305.35 + Tax

What? 185.35.

I'm buying one standard edition + season pass for myself, and buying the LE to sell it later when value increases. Assuming I get only a flat $100 for it (my gamestop guy told me a story about how some kid was crying in there because he couldn't get a limited edition and I'm sure some soccer mom would be willing to pay extra to please jimmy with a shiny new tin) it's still only $85.35 in the long run, if not less, ultimately.

Honestly? My real reason's for machinima. I'll probably settle with armor/skins/poses/baseball cards/whatever the fuck else my spartan gets after the first few weeks. It's easier to get a varied "cast" of characters with more identifiable appearances when you have all your options unlocked. Last thing I need is to introduce a character who wears the Venator pre-order skin and then turn out I can't do it because they skins never get unlocked. I know you're thinking that's complete horseshit and I shouldn't be wasting my money, but it's for fun. People pay money for fun. I spent $110 just to get a single set of software instruments and still have plenty of savings to spare so losing an extra 35 cents on a skin isn't my biggest of priorities.

Completionism is a mental disorder.

One with which I am afflicted.

MrDaravon

Same here, but the moment they locked an armor behind a $349 system bundle I stopped giving a fuck. But if I can spend less money by buying the standard game + season pass and get two helmets I can't get through the LE why the hell not?

BigShow36

I can understand the desire to unlock everything through effort so that you at least have a physical indication of an accomplishment; that I can understand. But unlocking things that you need to buy just means you have terrible impulse control.

Think about it; what are the chances you actually use all of the armor or skins? You're probably going to settle on one and never use the others ever again. I just can't understand how people are willing to spend money on the stupidest shit.

My current plans:

You're doing a _lot_ of work for skins.

Also I really do not see LE ever being worth MORE money.

Ha, ha, I noticed.

Yeah sorry. :p

I just cant get over how dull Reach is. Even when you strip away a lot of the bullshit what's left just isn't fun - even as a competitive or fun for chilling out game. Halo 3 had my attention the entire time we played it a week or so ago. With Reach its kind of like I enjoy it enough to play properly for a bit - but quite quickly I just get fed up with it. Halo 4 looks like its going to be immensely fun - I really don't think Reach is touching my Xbox again. :p

I was actually able to use the Fotus armour at Eurogamer (someone had already set up the armours) - its not worth buying. I didnt notice it in game on myself or on anyone else. It only really stood out in the post game lobby rank up screen thing.

Akai__

If 343 gave you the option to purchase extra armor in the game, would you do that too?

Not necessary, because you can buy the FOTUS armor (for example) on ebay for only 100 US$, probably.

Edit:
Think about it; what are the chances you actually use all of the armor or skins? You're probably going to settle on one and never use the others ever again. I just can't understand how people are willing to spend money on the stupidest shit.

A friend over XBL thought an armor effect for ~80€ was more important, then paying his bills. Can't understand those people either...

Flipyap

OK, then how do the scrapped designs not fit in with this idea, when they're basically what MJOLNIR Mk.I-III used to be?
There has never been anything that would even hint at this kind of anime/mechwarrior-inspired level of technology on any side of the Halo universe, except for the Cyclops from Halo Wars and until recently I was pretty sure everyone would rather look the other way and pretend that those things didn't exist.

You're doing a _lot_ of work for skins.

Also I really do not see LE ever being worth MORE money.

Given all our options, the LE should really only be worth $75 or so for it to even be worth it. Are GAF members going to know what's the best option and how to save money while getting the most bang for their buck? Absolutely, but I live in a pretty simple city (if you can even call it that) and some kid's going to come into Gamestop a few days after release wanting the special edition Halo 4 because it's shiny and they don't know all these alternate deals exist. When little Jimmy McNuggets starts banging his head on the game shelves with blood coming out of his ears screaming "I WANT MASBER CHEEF MOMMY" I don't think she'd mind shelling out a little extra cash to get a copy with no questions asked. Hell, this is Florida, I might actually get a net gain from the LE.

Waaghals

Didn't bungie have a reason for going with pretty old fashioned design for the human weapons?

Something like: "a weapon 500 years in the future is a glass of water - you drink it and all you enemies die"

Ken

My current plans:

My current plans:

-Preorder regular edition at Gamestop.
-Pick up regular eedition at Gamestop.

Still cant decide what I want to do with my LE preorder from Amazon or if I should even keep it. I'll probably cancel it and use the money on Magical Drop V.

Still cant decide what I want to do with my LE preorder from Amazon or if I should even keep it. I'll probably cancel it and use the money on Magical Drop V.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna Ebay mine. I already got a RE preordered from Amazon but I haven't canceled the LE one yet.

Abdozer

Ok, just making sure but it looks like I might snag H4 a little early,around a week at least. If I were to play over XBL, would I get banned?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My local game store's manager is a friend of mine so I think I would be able to get it early. Not sure yet.

There's a new local game store that just opened up in my town. I think I'm going to pay the owner a visit tomorrow and see what news I can dig up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
There's a new local game store that just opened up in my town. I think I'm going to pay the owner a visit tomorrow and see what news I can dig up.

BACK TO SQUATS YOU FUCKING SLACKER. Jesus christ, on your phone in the gym and everything.

SMH tashi, SMH.

Top Bottom