• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I apologise if I'm being shortsighted here but I assume the graphical amazingness Halo 4 is pushing is the sole reason for the radical increase in storage space?

Reach managed to cram its entire Campaign, its Multiplayer, Forge, Firefight and Theatre onto a single disk. Halo 4 has a disk wholly dedicated to its Campaign (which is similar in length to previous Halo's). Its Multiplayer has its own disk sans Firefight, with its equivalent Spartan Op's being DLC. So that's an entire disk dedicated to multi, forge and theatre. Is there something I'm missing that caused the 8gb of ram and 2 disk format or is it simply a case of the 360's graphical limitations being pushed to the absolute limit?

Not criticising btw, I'm a curious tech noob.

BigShow36

I apologise if I'm being shortsighted here but I assume the graphical amazingness Halo 4 is pushing is the sole reason for the radical increase in storage space?

Reach managed to cram its entire Campaign, its Multiplayer, Forge, Firefight and Theatre onto a single disk. Halo 4 has a disk wholly dedicated to its Campaign (which is similar in length to previous Halo's). Its Multiplayer has its own disk sans Firefight, with its equivalent Spartan Op's being DLC. So that's an entire disk dedicated to multi, forge and theatre. Is there something I'm missing that caused the 8gb of ram and 2 disk format or is it simply a case of the 360's graphical limitations being pushed to the absolute limit?

The extra disc is for the white text and all the random announcer sound files.

Still not a fan of the dirt and brown they added to Valhalla. Looks like a classic map was dragged over to COD.

Agreed. It just looks...off. And drab.

Look what I found. Will be my only case, stuff will kill me. Wanted a can for the shelf though.

Now to do my P90X2 workout for the day so the GameFuel doesn't kill me.

Nice, I just went on a hunt for some cans myself but with no luck... bought a 20oz to hold me over. Can you take another comparison pic of the can art?

FyreWulff

Because they wanted to, basically.

However, I have a slight suspicion that Campaign doesn't literally take up the entire disc it's on, but that they also couldn't fit the entirety of the multiplayer suite alongside it. And after what happened with Anniversary, I think everyone around here would prefer a second disc instead of trying to cram everything into one.

wow dynamic lighting makes a huge difference. also.. why?

Why not? Good way to keep the Forging sharp.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
and Cortelery
greatestlaughofalltim5uxbf.gif

m23

I have to wake up early, but I guess I'll stay up for the Fincher trailer. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

19 more days....
Frozen%20Cartman.jpg

Conor 419

Banned
I'm going to bed, so unfortunately I wont be able to post my immediate reaction to the advertisement alongside all of you guys as it's being aired in five hours which is fucking ridiculous. I hope to wake up to something great, if it turns out that we get another Reach style ad which fails to reflect the tonal strength of this series and we instead get some gritty military/High School Musical x The Mighty Ducks bullshit then I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

Stick to the plan, chums.

JackHerer

Curious, how many HaloGAFfers are in NY? Any others in the capital region?

I'm in NYC

I'm going to bed, so unfortunately I wont be able to post my immediate reaction to the advertisement alongside all of you guys as it's being aired in five hours which is fucking ridiculous. I hope to wake up to something great, if it turns out that we get another Reach style ad which fails to reflect the tonal strength of this series and we instead get some gritty military/High School Musical x The Mighty Ducks bullshit then I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

Wat? The live-action Reach ad was amazing.

i liked the remember reach ad

:l

You sound pretty annoyed as it is.

Because they wanted to, basically.

However, I have a slight suspicion that Campaign doesn't literally take up the entire disc it's on, but that they also couldn't fit the entirety of the multiplayer suite alongside it. And after what happened with Anniversary, I think everyone around here would prefer a second disc instead of trying to cram everything into one.

Right but that's what I'm saying; the entirety of Halo 4's multiplayer is smaller than Reach's, feature-wise (no FF). So it's the graphics then.

Also, worst Halo map ever is Spire in its BTB setup. No contest.

Fracas

#fuckonami

What? Deliver Hope is my favorite advertisement of any game. It was incredible.

FyreWulff

Right but that's what I'm saying; the entirety of Halo 4's multiplayer is smaller than Reach's, feature-wise (no FF). So it's the graphics then.

Also, worst Halo map ever is Spire in its BTB setup. No contest.

They had to have enough space for all of the Steitzer announcements.

YOU ARE PUTTING IN THE DISC

THE DISC IS BEING READ

SECURITY SECTOR CHECK COMPLETE

LOADING THE EXECUTABLE

Arnie

I thought Halo 3 and ODST's adverts were leaps and bounds beyond Deliver Hope. In fact, the adverts with documentary style interviews of veterans who'd fought alongside Chief were my absolute favourites, to be specific.

FyreWulff

Seeing the Believe diorama pieces in person at Halofest was pretty neat. I took some 3D pics with the 3DS I had on me but I can't remember if I ever actually uploaded them.

Oozer3993

Got a hankerin' for some Halo 2 action, so I popped it in and am giving Cairo Station a go on Legendary. I've beaten it a couple times before on Legendary; let's see how rusty I've gotten.

Top Bottom