• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Question for all you networking savvy folks:

Had my Xbox360S in an area where the wireless was only getting 1-2 bars. My games actually weren't half bad.

Moved it to where it's saying it's getting 3-4 bars, now i go blackscreen quite literally every two minutes.

Am i missing something here?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Question for all you networking savvy folks:

Had my Xbox360S in an area where the wireless was only getting 1-2 bars. My games actually weren't half bad.

Moved it to where it's saying it's getting 3-4 bars, now i go blackscreen quite literally every two minutes.

Am i missing something here?

What's your up/down speed when you're on a wired connection?

Favorite ads are Believe/Diorama and Starry Night.. After that it would be We Are ODST and then The Commissioning and finally the one for Reach.

I think Scanned may line up to be a new favorite.

Fracas

#fuckonami
stupid question, but does wired vs wireless matter if my internet is pretty shit anyway?

Definitely. My connection back at home is 1.5 megs up/512 kb down, and when I went wireless, it was about half as fast. Xbox Live was basically unplayable wireless. Always try to go wired if possible. Much faster and more stable.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Definitely. My connection back at home is 1.5 megs up/512 kb down, and when I went wireless, it was about half as fast. Xbox Live was basically unplayable wireless. Always try to go wired if possible. Much faster and more stable.

huh, the things i take for granted. thanks.

CyReN

Not even close to ODST/Deliver hope.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE

your_opinion.jpg

Vire

Believe always pissed me off because there was nothing that epic in terms of scale and amount of enemies in the actual game. :(

Still a great commercial.

malfcn

The Library sucks.

And did they say the Terminals didn't fit on the disc? Or they just took to long making them (wut) and decided to throw them behind some hoops. Waypoint barely works for me.

On Xbox
If the Kinect is turned off Waypoint doesn't work
Half the articles (actually 90% last night) gave errors and would not load

On Browser
LiVE id cannot sign in/out
Page cannot be found

Why..

I hope it doesn't take long until I get my sweet DMR.

Halo 4 would become game of the forever if there was a white with candy red stripes camo for the DMR.
Unlocked at SR-2.
And from the leaked videos / streams I've seen, it seems true, though I honestly haven't been counting.
I think that was just testing different damage settings in customs. The only change to base settings that I'm aware of in Slayer Pro is base movement speed.

It is known.

Ads featuring in-game footage are always better.

Just killing it with the videos today (first TDT on Beaver Creek and now this). I will never understand this trend toward trailers and TV commercials that don't even offer a glimpse of the game's graphics. Games look better now than ever, it makes no sense to me.

I've always hated it when they don't show gameplay, even back in the early days.

So yeah, props to the Halo 2 commercial for showing in-engine stuff.

I've always hated it when they don't show gameplay, even back in the early days.

So yeah, props to the Halo 2 commercial for showing in-engine stuff.

Yeah, and new to the series in-engine stuff at that

dat dual-wielding

dat vehicle hijack

edit: Also, where's the guy who hooks us up with those direct feeds? I need more Halo 4 in my veins

zlatko

Banned
Here's how I made my decision -> With the standalone season pass, you get two exclusive helmets that you don't get as part of the season pass with the LE:

images

So the season pass taken away from the LE (let's say ~$110) leaves you with ~$85. The standard is ~$65. So essentially, you'd be paying ~$20 for some art and the case. Not even the early access to Specializations is exclusive to LE anymore because anyone who plays Halo 4 within the first couple weeks will have access to them too.

Scanner helmet looks like a race car/hotwheels mess. :p

Neither of those two helmets looks that sexy to me so I'm not fretting, but the math you presented there for how much money I'd save is what has me enticed.

Also, WTF @ early access to specializations not being exclusive to LE either. So no matter what you get Spec. right away LE or not?

oMT78.jpg

Bought this tonight. <3

Oozer3993

Haha, some Halo 2 nostalgia up in this thread. You old geezers.

I'll have you know I'm very spry for my age.

I still vividly remember the day Halo 2 came out. I was stuck on campus without a car so I preordered the LE from Gamestop.com with release date delivery ($10 extra. Why couldn't Amazon Prime be around then?). My friends all did the same thing. Except for one. Unbeknownst to me, he was able to convince our one friend with a car to drive him up to Walmart at midnight. So at 12:20, literally seconds before I turn off my computer for bed, I get an IM saying "Will has Halo 2, get down here." I rushed two flights down to their floor and watched as Will played co-op through the first four levels (there was a collective "woah" when it was revealed that you get to play as the Arbiter). Until we got kicked out of that room, at which point we headed to another friend's room and played multiplayer until 4 or 5 AM. And I had a Chemistry lab at 7:30. By this time I was too wired to sleep, so I headed to my lab exhausted. It was totally worth it.

P.S. Past the second cargo bay in Cairo Station without dying on Legendary. The rust was knocked off almost instantly.

Also, WTF @ early access to specializations not being exclusive to LE either. So no matter what you get Spec. right away LE or not?

Those who don't get the LE have to wait on a code from Microsoft to unlock them. Those codes will be sent out by November 30th, but we don't know when they'll start sending them out. It might not be until November 20 something.

Top Bottom