• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

willow ve

I prefer Starry Night, total badass right there.

Starry Night and the Diorama take the cake for best in my opinion. Still wish the bubble shield had turned out as a bubble grenade. You could have some great montages with that in effect. Throw it cross map to guard a flag runner, stick it to a warthog or tank to block a vehicle shot... It just would have been better as a grenade type.

Fuchsdh

Scanner helmet looks like a race car/hotwheels mess. :p

Neither of those two helmets looks that sexy to me so I'm not fretting, but the math you presented there for how much money I'd save is what has me enticed.

Also, WTF @ early access to specializations not being exclusive to LE either. So no matter what you get Spec. right away LE or not?

oMT78.jpg

Bought this tonight. <3

LE purchasers get to unlock whatever specialization they chose once they reach SR50. Regular SKU buyers can only choose one of two.

Scanner helmet looks like a race car/hotwheels mess. :p

Neither of those two helmets looks that sexy to me so I'm not fretting, but the math you presented there for how much money I'd save is what has me enticed.

Also, WTF @ early access to specializations not being exclusive to LE either. So no matter what you get Spec. right away LE or not?

oMT78.jpg

Bought this tonight. <3

Wait is that out already? The fuck? I pre-orderd that, so can I pick it up?

Two buddies and I are playing BTB on Reach. Anyone wanna join? My tag is ThatsMyTrunks, could use some competent people, just message me and I'll add you to the party.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

zlatko

Banned
Wait is that out already? The fuck? I pre-orderd that, so can I pick it up?

Should be able to. I walked into Best Buy and bought 1 of the only two they had. :D

Thanks everyone for clearing up if I should stick with the LE or not. I'm going to. I just can't risk whatever fiction items they toss in being on par to Hasley's journal and missing out on it. Plus the perks with the specializations is still worth holding onto it for me as well.

Blissful

Neo Member
Am I the only one who is upset that Halo has taken the double xp route? I mean come on, its bad enough that the game has a lot of COD elements. This pretty much helps justify how much of a trend follower Halo has become. Well... I hope 343 decides to keep going on this trend and copy BLOPS 2 competitive ranking system + competitive playlists, maybe then I won't be as bothered.

bGanci

Banned
Am I the only one who is upset that Halo has taken the double xp route? I mean come on, its bad enough that the game has a lot of COD elements. This pretty much helps justify how much of a trend follower Halo has become. Well... I hope 343 decides to keep going on this trend and copy BLOPS 2 competitive ranking system + competitive playlists, maybe then I won't be as bothered.
Insert deal with it screen shot?

umm, maybe i'm dumb... but didn't halo 3 start the double exp trend? (or at least popularize it)

like i never heard about that kind of thing until after halo 3 came out.

EDIT: oh mtn dew codes double exp. nevermind. thought you meant DEXP weekends.

heckfu

Banned

Wasn't there double XP for Reach.

For H3 as well

sadtrombone.wav

zlatko

Banned
I'm going to search for Game Fuel tomorrow night at my local grocery store and Target.

Listening to H4 OST right now while writing a paper......HOLY FUCK SHIT!!!!

Nov 6th...I need you to be here faster!

Blissful

Neo Member
Wasn't there double XP for Reach.

Through the purchase of mountain dew / doritos, I don't think so. But the weekend double xp thing is something to help a dying population in a playlist rise up a bit.

I agree that it will bring some players over, but I just hate the fact that they put so many elements in to the game but put minimual effort to implement ranked playlists into the game. I understand that some players give it a bad rep by cheating and braging about their level, but I honestly love Halo for the fact that I was able to have a goal to improve in the game, rather than spend some money on some junk food just to get a fuckin inheritor or whatever.

Ken

Through the purchase of mountain dew / doritos, I don't think so. But the weekend double xp thing is something to help a dying population in a playlist rise up a bit.

I agree that it will bring some players over, but I just hate the fact that they put so many elements in to the game but put minimual effort to implement ranked playlists into the game. I understand that some players give it a bad rep by cheating and braging about their level, but I honestly love Halo for the fact that I was able to have a goal to improve in the game, rather than spend some money on some junk food just to get a fuckin inheritor or whatever.

I think you're overestimating double XP boost.

Ken

Can't really overestimate the word double. Its double. Little chubk's will get their in HALF the games I do.

The fat get fatter. 1% blah blah.

Double of something small is still small, and with the amount of credits Reach gave out early on that's not much. I also can't imagine anyone going from Recruit to Inheritor on double XP the entire time.

That and the amount of time it takes to wash their hands of Doritos in between and during games adds up and wastes precious Double XP time.

Believe always pissed me off because there was nothing that epic in terms of scale and amount of enemies in the actual game. :(

Still a great commercial.
Agreed. The scope of the game nevr came close to matching a moment like that, which is a shame since after that commercial I was expecting it. That commercial is probably why Halo 3 was a disappointment for me.

With all the talk of game fuel and commercials, I present to you, a bunch of guys yelling at their tvs:

The Halo 3 Game Fuel ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-J5ImDEi8

I hope we get something equally fun for Halo 4.

feel

I honestly can't believe ironsights and no shields aren't default on the default slayer playlists. Thanks 343 for showing amazing restraint and deciding arbitrarily that those 2 things arent Halo while saying fuck that for all the others.

Top Bottom