• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Karl2177

Halo's poor campaign levels have reached epic proportions of hyperbole. Cortana and the Library are chores, repetitive, or boring, but they're not that bad considering the crud other shooters toss at you in campaigns.

*Army of Two flashback*
Me: "So.... why are buildings just falling down around us?"
Co-op partner: "I... dunno. But you can pimp out your gun and plate it gold."

Me: "So.... why couldn't Guilty Spark and I have just teleported to the fourth floor on the elevator so I can ride it down to the Index and get back to fun?"
Bungie: "I... dunno. But you can check out the multiplayer that was a last minute addition."

And just because other games on the market can be worse, doesn't mean that crap like Cortana and Library are excusable.

Me: "So.... why couldn't Guilty Spark and I have just teleported to the fourth floor on the elevator so I can ride it down to the Index and get back to fun?"
Bungie: "I... dunno. But you can check out the multiplayer that was a last minute addition."

And just because other games on the market can be worse, doesn't mean that crap like Cortana and Library are excusable.

What's wrong with Cortana?

I like that level. Sure it's full of flood, but it's a cool/creepy environment and it's so emotionally charged when you get closer and closer to rescuing her!

MrDaravon

So for all you know, since you haven't used them yet, you could have bought used DewXP codes?

That's what I'm wondering. Did we ever confirm that codes are usable twice to try to avoid that kind of thing?

I just checked ebay, there are completed auctions of people paying more for the codes than they would for the actual drinks. Jesus Christ.

I still think it sucks poor ol' little me in Australia can't take advantage of the double XP, stupid country restrictions.

Yes I'm like a horse with a salt lick right now ;)

malfcn

Funny Halo
Why didn't they turn off the teleporter to Truth and Reconciliation?
Why didn't Guilty Spark teleport us to the Index?

I prefer Starry Night, total badass right there.

My reaction to Starry Night:

2gtwz831.gif

Karl2177

What's wrong with Cortana?

I like that level. Sure it's full of flood, but it's a cool/creepy environment and it's so emotionally charged when you get closer and closer to rescuing her!

Ehh... Not to go too in-depth, but it's the gameplay that kills it. Flood shooters, without an effective weapon to counter them makes it a frustrating level. It's confusing design is made even worse by the fact that everything looks like diarrhea.

Sanjuro

I just redeemed a bunch of codes, they work. You don't get much for combining them with the Doritos, they limit it per week I guess.

Do you guys want to try them a second time?

DesertFox

I still think it sucks poor ol' little me in Australia can't take advantage of the double XP, stupid country restrictions.

Yes I'm like a horse with a salt lick right now ;)

1. Send money to friend in participating country to buy dew/doritos
2. Have friend redeem codes on secondary DewXP account.
3. Have friend push the double XP matches to your Gamertag
4. Beat the system

But surely they've thought of this....

I just redeemed a bunch of codes, they work. You don't get much for combining them with the Doritos, they limit it per week I guess.

Sure, PM me some of your used codes

MrDaravon

Try sending me one, I've got a 12-pack code I haven't used yet, if your code works for me as the second use I'll return the favor.

If these things are actually redeemable twice I could see going in with some people possibly to make this work.

Ehh... Not to go too in-depth, but it's the gameplay that kills it. Flood shooters, without an effective weapon to counter them makes it a frustrating level. It's confusing design is made even worse by the fact that everything looks like diarrhea.

It is what I imagine the Gravemind's colon to look like.

I just roll in that level with duel plasma rifles at all times.

Sanjuro

Guys, guys. Stop quoting me so much. It's hard to read through all these messages while sitting on the floor at my local Wal-Mart.

Bsigg12

The Assassins Creed 3 commercial that just aired on NFL network was epic as all hell. Slowly getting excited for the Halo 4 one later tonight.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Nah. They are emailing the code later. Should be no issues.

I have about 50 of those codes from the DewXP to type in...absolutely not motivated.

Heres the title from the wally world listing that has now been replaced with an almost exact same listing only its 5 dollars and the wording is different. (Email Delivery) Wal-Mart Exclusive Bonuses $4.99 in VUDU Movie Credits and "Armor Skin" Download for Halo 4 (Xbox 360) Preorder Â. Hope your right for the sake of all the people that bought multiple codes

And sphincters...never forget.

1. Send money to friend in participating country to buy dew/doritos
2. Have friend redeem codes on secondary DewXP account.
3. Have friend push the double XP matches to your Gamertag
4. Beat the system

But surely they've thought of this....

Possibly as my sister and her family live in the good ol' USA. I'll ask her son to trial this for me...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yup. 117 is the best song in the halo series

I'm buying the ost just for that song. It is so ridiculously epic

(And it has the halo theme layered in there)

Tawpgun

Need to buy AssCreed III, Halo 4, and a Gronkowski Jersey all within 3 weeks.

ow my money

Any of you guys coming to PAX East next year?

Missed out on all Halo fun last year. Going to need people for beers and warthogs.

There wasn't a Halo presence on the show floor. Just a community one.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Any of you that bought the pre-order card online from Wal Mart are probably going to get charged. Should buy the same card in the store to avoid that.

Fuchsdh

It is what I imagine the Gravemind's colon to look like.

I just roll in that level with duel plasma rifles at all times.

Yeah, with a sword in my pocket where necessary. It's not that hard at all.

That said, the ranged flood were an interesting attempt at sandboxing the Flood further, but they didn't work. Far too resilient when shielded, and turned areas into whack-a-Flood while hiding in a corner. Worked against the feeling of the Flood in general. Stalkers mostly just got in the way.

Sees all the posts about Doritos and Mtn Dew codes.
Doesn't enjoy snacking on either of them.
feelsbadman.jpg

Put those codes on some lo-carb Monsters, and I will be a happy, happy man :)

MrDaravon

Sent Sanjuro a PM back; it let me use the Doritos code he gave me a second time, but the Mtn Dew Code didn't work a second time for me. I just redeemed a new Mtn Dew code, and sent it back to see if it works. I guess it would make sense that only the Doritos ones would work twice, since those are the only ones at risk of being abused as the Mtn Dew ones are all enclosed in the packaging/drink.

zlatko

Banned
I'm jealous - I've been entering every contest I can to win one of these things. Currently putting all my prize entries in the DewXP towards the controller. How is the D-pad?

D pad is great! It's one of the newer ones with the turn option so you can make it the two various forms with or without the corner points on it.

I'm glad I needed a new one. This is my favorite controller of all time! :D

Also:

Halo |OT11| Awakening

Halo |OT11| 7 cases of Diabetes and counting

^(117!!!!!)

Halo |OT11| Ascendancy

Can't really overestimate the word double. Its double. Little chubk's will get there in HALF the games I do.

The fat get fatter. 1% blah blah.
Nah, you're an alpha wolf, so your performance will be better than the scrubs hitting the dbl xp. So they'll get like X1.5 what you could.
The Assassins Creed 3 commercial that just aired on NFL network was epic as all hell. Slowly getting excited for the Halo 4 one later tonight.

AC3 ads have been incredible. In-game ads as well, which makes them so much better.

D pad is great! It's one of the newer ones with the turn option so you can make it the two various forms with or without the corner points on it.

I'm glad I needed a new one. This is my favorite controller of all time! :D

Also:

Halo |OT11| Awakening

Halo |OT11| 7 cases of Diabetes and counting

^(117!!!!!)

Halo |OT11| Ascendancy

Halo |OT11|(7)

Top Bottom