• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Having that dude one-shot on their carbine, you're like this waiting for anyone to finish him to get that needed assist;

DyHcQ.gif

b9oNE.gif

Lol what about your post was constructive?

Negative opinions are allowed, but when they're wrapped in bullshit it's hard to take them seriously.

Ok, so what about my post was inaccurate?

Text all over the screen
Killstreaks
No friendly fire
No Grenade Pickup
Kill Cams
Perks
Sprint
Loadouts

So I have been following your posts about playing. What part about this is all ripped from CoD an I wrong about? So when I said maybe they should have a playlist called Halo, yeah sarcastic but if you think about it what about Halo has evolved here other than the above? In case you missed it earlier I have the LE and the LE console ordered. Its not like I got out of line and cursed someone out.

On the other hand, you could respond since you played it how I am wrong because all I see in the videos are distractions all over the place. As far as above, I don't like any of them. When I want that I can go play CoD.

Didn't you say once say that you hadn't really played Halo since Halo CE? I am not having an argument, just asking. Maybe i am thinking of someone else. The game has changed a lot since those days. It might not be your cup of tea at all these days. Maybe you should try someone else's copy or rent it and see if you like it first. I hate to see you wasting all this energy and then being disappointed.

Simple question: Why? Where is the harm in leaving friendly fire in the game? I believe this game will be great but some of the gameplay choices you guys have made in this game are downright puzzling if not a bit annoying. It's because you guys have done so many great things with this game that certain "questionable" moves stick out like a sore thumb.

I mean friendly fire was in Halo 3 and Reach. Players expect it. So why take it out? Again...why?

Simple question: Why? Where is the harm in leaving friendly fire in the game? I believe this game will be great but some of the gameplay choices you guys have made in this game are downright puzzling if not a bit annoying. It's because you guys have done so many great things with this game that certain "questionable" moves stick out like a sore thumb.

I mean friendly fire was in Halo 3 and Reach. Players expect it. So why take it out? Again...why?
Probably to stop griefing and betraying for ordnance. It's really not all that puzzling. Yes, both of those things were in 2, 3 and Reach, but they probably just hit a point where they decided that it wasn't worth leaving in.

Betting that Slayer Pro will have friendly fire on.

FyreWulff

I'm either/or on it. There's downsides and upsides to FF being off or on. I could see it being a problem with ordering a drop then someone just shotguns you and takes the weapon. It got bad enough that they turned FF off in Living Dead in Reach.

FF being on would definitely make Assault much less viable (just cover the arming spot with grenades/rockets as your carrier arms)

Probably to stop griefing and betraying for ordnance. It's really not all that puzzling. Yes, both of those things were in 2, 3 and Reach, but they probably just hit a point where they decided that it wasn't worth leaving in.

Betting that Slayer Pro will have friendly fire on.

Yeah but Why? Why change everything. It seems like changing everything for the sake of changing it at this point. Betrayals are a part of Halo. Avoiding killing your mates is part of being a good team. This is a major change in dynamic. You don't need to worry about launching nades or rockets into a firefight now where as before you needs skill to either assist or cleanup a teammates kill. Now with killstreaks you potentially can have a team spamming nades after nades without penalty for just throwing. How about Rockets? Just keep firing away.

Its not some little change, its a major change that affects the entire game. I think he asks a valid question, Why?

GhaleonEB

Finally got to watching FUD episode 2 & 3. Show's getting better and better. Some of the early payoffs were predictable, but well done regardless.

The
glimpse of the Spartan in the combat footage gave me a serious nerd chill.
It reminded me of just how much I love the fiction of this universe when it's delivered well.

Finished a chunk of the OT tonight. Woo.

Ken

Yeah but Why? Why change everything. It seems like changing everything for the sake of changing it at this point. Betrayals are a part of Halo. Avoiding killing your mates is part of being a good team. This is a major change in dynamic. You don't need to worry about launching nades or rockets into a firefight now where as before you needs skill to either assist or cleanup a teammates kill. Now with killstreaks you potentially can have a team spamming nades after nades without penalty for just throwing. How about Rockets? Just keep firing away.

Its not some little change, its a major change that affects the entire game. I think he asks a valid question, Why?

People became too lazy to mind friendlies.

Besides if you needed to remove FF because of killstreaks than maybe killstreaks were a bad idea. If you have to rip out something that has been core Halo to make room for something that was not than maybe they should have scratched it.

GhaleonEB

Besides if you needed to remove FF because of killstreaks than maybe killstreaks were a bad idea. If you have to rip out something that has been core Halo to make room for something that was not than maybe they should have scratched it.

I'm hilariosly behind on the conversation, but I think of Infinity Slayer as its own thing. The lack of FF is just in that kind of mode, right?

Why? Uh, I answered that. To stop griefing and betraying for power weapons and ordnance. I'm sure they thought of all of those things and came to the decision that it was worth sacrificing so people don't have to put up with griefers. Just my guess anyways.

I played a few matches Halo: Reach again. Yeah screw that game. I cannot wait for Halo 4 to drop. Give it to me now.

So this new A40 in November is not the 2013 advertised on their site? I too am looking to pick up some headsets for H4...
It is the 2013 version. Oh I fucked up. The mixamp won't ship till Mid November. The set is available and should be shipped soon.

FyreWulff

On the other hand, making it so you can't pick up grenades off dead bodies means people are more likely to wait and use them instead of burning them by throwing them at their teammate's feet every time they get into a fistfight (in the infinity setup)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
playing reach.... maaaaaan, fuck camo snipers. so sad camo returns in halo 4 :(

FourDoor

It is the 2013 version. Oh I fucked up. The mixamp won't ship till Mid November. The set is available and should be shipped soon.

Ahhh I see. So the 2013 $250 package on Astro's website is the latest version with the Mixamp Pro right? Its just that the mixamp pro wont be sold separately until Nov?

JHall

Today I learn that HaloGAF has high standards for audio and large wallets.

The only thing I'd recommend people buying from Astro is the mix amp. You can get better quality headphones for less than what you'd pay for the A40's.

Top Bottom