• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

IHaveIce

Banned
FUUU

I wanted my GAF account as Gamertag but it is already used.

No IHaveIce for me :(

suggestions are:

IHave1ce
IchHabEis (it is the same but in German)

damn now I don't know :/

edit: or I could use small l's as I .. lHavelce
Ideas? Opinions?

Friendly fire is awesome when people play properly, unfortunately the Halo community is full of softcocks that just love to betray on purpose and it needed to go. Sucks that people ruined it, but I understand 100% why 343 made that decision.

Yep, I was just thinking about all the times randoms (or even buddies of mine who are dickbags at times) get upset and start shooting me b/c they wanted that weapon or I did something they didn't like. However, it could become: let's charge in with our teammate who has the incineration cannon/rockets because he cannot hurt us so let's just leeeroooyyy it.

Woorloog

Banned
FUUU

suggestions are:

IHave1ce

Ideas? Opinions?

IHaveAnIce? An ice works as a pun too.

Omni

FUUU

Eh, that reminds me.

My GAF account is randomrosso and my GT is randomrosso93. When I tried to change my gamertag to just randomrosso, it says it's already taken. I don't even

TheOddOne

Hamish's story starts at janitorial school, where he was ridiculed for his low space diaper cleanup performance. After gradutioan Hamish became determined to take over the entire janitorial industry to prove himself.

Furthermore, the record shows that the Covenant war was actually a campaign to find and capture Hamish Beamish after they learned that he stole sensitive Covenant/Foreunner material regarding advanced janitorial technology that would forever change the galaxy and redefine his role as a janitor.

No one can explain how Hamish obtained such technology, but it became clear that he planned on using the technology for revenge against those who tormented him. The technology was so efficient that Hamish's influence and power would have affected the various Human colonies, causing all the janitorial agencies to go out of business.

Many attribute the Covenant's discovery of Reach and Earth to Hamish's colony hopping. "Wherever Hamish Beamish goes, you can be sure that the Covenant will follow", a common saying amongst humans.

Feeling responsible for the millions of human deaths, Hamish Beamish went into hiding.

The space mop scene makes sense. He knows that he has compromised everyones life and now has to live knowing about the impending tragedy.
1339536768361.gif

Portugeezer

Seems like a lazy way of fixing the boot system to me.

Doesn't matter now, game is coming out soon, but friendly fire these days was another thing that helped Halo feel unique.

Gui_PT

I don't know how to feel about no FF

At least I won't get idiots killing me for my weapons or just because they're actual idiots

Caja 117

No friendly fire. I don't know how I feel about this honestly. I don't think I noticed it while playing. Not something I characterize CoD with so in that regard, I don't think it makes it more or less like CoD. It just is what it is.
To be honest, CoD is not the only shooter that has no Friendly Fire, Gears of War Doesn't have it either. and like you said, no friendly fire is hardly noticeable in CoD because of the lack of power weapons, vehicles and nade spamming, However is noticeable in Gears of War, and I think it will be in Halo like those funny moments where a group of guys are driving around a 'hog and they run you over by accident.

Oh really? I'm going to have to go back and listen to that again at some point. NYCC episode should be up this weekend.

Glad to hear it! I think we should definitely record stuff during the day next time. Last podcast would've been even better had we not all been so tired.

FUUU

suggestions are:

IHave1ce

Ideas? Opinions?
IceHaver

IPossessIce

IGotIce

IHaveSolidH2O

i IHaveIce i

IDoNotHaveIce

HavingIceIsNice

IceHavingGuy

IceHaveI

NoMoreMrIceGuy

Shame friendly fire isn't in the game. Takes out another layer out of the multiplayer in the game modes it isn't in.

You'd have to be very unlucky to get betrayed that many times for power weapons. Rarely happens to me in Reach.

neoism

I don't care about the white text, it's the announcer that annoys me. Sure, after a while you'll learn to ignore everything that he says, but it's a bit much right off the bat, IMO.

Yeah, we don't get it in Australia either (at least I don't think so). Sucks.

yeah its bad... I'll be playing this game with music up and sound low......still not a fan or the audio design... I' wont mind in campaign, but it will get trying to listen to for long.

IHaveIce

Banned

Akai__

Sorry, having too much fun now.

IceIsMyVice

Haha, you don't have to be sorry. I just thought you didn't saw his post.

Edit:
:lol good ideas, I put them on a list, I have enough spare ms points to change again.

How do you know thats me :OO

you are right.

Hmmh, I have a guy named IHaveAnIce in my FL and you talked about changing your GT, so it was kind of obvious. :lol
and it says Daryl in your Bio :p

Shame friendly fire isn't in the game. Takes out another layer out of the multiplayer in the game modes it isn't in.

You'd have to be very unlucky to get betrayed that many times for power weapons. Rarely happens to me in Reach.

I imagine betrayals will be more common and more annoying with the new killstreak system. Imagine just getting a Sniper and getting betrayed for it.

Kind of think its for the best its gone - it does remove a layer of skill from the game - but I doubt general matchmaking is going to be very competitive anyway. So in isolation its probably a good thing its gone.

Overdoziz

Banned
I know it's anecdotal but I've been betrayed for a weapon only maybe a handful of times in the way too many Reach matches that I've played. Same for getting booted for an accidental betrayal.

TheOddOne

I know it's anecdotal but I've been betrayed for a weapon maybe a handful of times in the way too many Reach matches that I've played. Same for getting booted for an accidental betrayal.
Same. Also people baiting me or helping the enemy kill me and then teabagging me.

S1kkZ

2 questions, maybe someone who already played the game (hyper?) can answer them:

-will there finally be subtitles in the game itself or is it still cutscene only?
-are there more audio options? i really need a voice slider, since the voice track in every halo game is not loud enough and i miss a lot of ingame chatter.

Booties

Banned
it's about time the took out FF. Especially with reach's textures and grenade strength. It was too easy to accidentally nade your own team.

Akai__

it's about time the took out FF. Especially with reach's textures and grenade strength. It was too easy to accidentally nade your own team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6xKJRKKKM

I'm not sure, if I like FF to be taken out, but we'll see. The fact. that you had to pay attention to your teammates and not accidentely killing them, was something good in Halo, but yeah, it was abudes, by all those, who wanted the power weapons...

If I had to place a strength on the H4 Carbine, I'd say it falls somewhere between the H3 Carbine and the H3 Beta Carbine, leaning more towards the H3 Beta Carbine.

Top Bottom