• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Booties

Banned
"Will lisa s. report to the principles office for lice inspection.

Hmm that's too vague.

Will l. Simpson report to the principles office for lice inspection"
- Seymour Skinner.

Oozer3993

Sprint was in Reach and I really liked it. Pretty sure CoD wasn't the first game to have sprint. And who knows, there may have been earlier iterations of Halo with sprint in it that just didn't make the final cut. I like Sprint because of what it does for jumps and just map movement in general. I also like Halo without sprint. I've been pleased with both.

Halo 2 originally had sprint. It was one of the numerous things scrapped at some point during that game's development.

Talents

Banned
If you think making stupid, baseless assumptions wrapped in rude, snide comments is acceptable, then yes, I would say our opinions differ.

Ok, I just looked through 5 pages of my posts, the only rude comment I found was the one about Rihanna yesterday that people went crazy over. You can look through the other pages if you want to try and prove me wrong, but I next to never try to offend people, I may disagree with their opinions as they do with mine, but I hardly ever (unless they try to insult me harshly) try to hurt their feelings with rude or spiteful comments.

feel

Yet another huge map with lots of rocks.

Ok, I just looked through 5 pages of my posts, the only rude comment I found was the one about Rihanna yesterday that people went crazy over. You can look through the other pages if you want to try and prove me wrong, but I next to never try to offend people, I may disagree with their opinions as they do with mine, but I hardly ever (unless they try to insult me harshly) try to hurt their feelings with rude or spiteful comments.
Here's a Halogaf secret protip: Don't have your face in your avatar, it rubs people the wrong way.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I forgot about nade pick up. Yeah, this is kind of overkill, but how else are they going to become CoD?

But you can pick up grenades. Which is why I use resupply in my loadouts. Reduces nade spam for most players, lets people like me who enjoy the crutch have the best of both worlds.

Grenade spam was shit in Reach because you moved like a fat chick moving through the cookie aisle at Wal-Mart and the grenades themselves were nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

Man, why did Reach screw so much of Halo up?

Wait, by grenade pickup, do you mean you can pick up live grenades and throw them back? :|

Nah, you can't pick up grenades from dead bodies unless you have a certain modification.

You know, like in CoD :p

I feel like a better way to remove grenade spam is to make grenades harder to use, have them despawn faster and make it easier (at least easier than in Reach) to move away from them in time.

I don't like it when perks or modifications take away abilities from the players. They should add little things that weren't there before.

But you can pick up grenades. Which is why I use resupply in my loadouts. Reduces nade spam for most players, lets people like me who enjoy the crutch have the best of both worlds.
What does Resupply do again? Picking up nades from a dead player, correct? You don't even need that, Infinity drops nades throughout a match. Still grenades are very limited.

DesertFox

Grenade spam was shit in Reach because you moved like a fat chick moving through the cookie aisle at Wal-Mart and the grenades themselves were nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

Man, why did Reach screw so much of Halo up?
This is actually a pretty accurate description of what reach feels like to play

That is horrible - why not just balance the damn grenades?

It's not horrible. At least for me, you'll find yourself using grenades far more tactically, and that's a wonderful feeling compared to Halo 2, 3 and Reach.

There's a lot of needless worry that goes on in this thread with some of the changes in Halo 4. But, hey, at least the needless worry isn't anywhere close to PoliGAF's.

I... I don't like that. I mean as long as I'm spawning with Grenades, I guess that's fine. I'm glad you can't pick up live ones a la CoD, but still.

Well, that's two complaints I have so far. No flag dropping, no frag grabbing. I can live with both of these things, though.

HALO 4 ISNT FUCKING OUT YET.

FUCKING OBAMA. IMPEACH.

16 days

tUJMY.gif

after reach, less grenade spam is okay with me

I like the change as well. I also support the decision to take friendly fire out of infinity slayer. I'm sick and tired of being intentionally team-killed over a vehicle or power weapon. Happens constantly in BTB in Reach. I know it will have a negative impact as well with people firing Banshee blasts and rockets into crowds of people- but I think, given the level of douchebaggery that exists within the average random online gamer these days, it's the lesser of two evils. The booting system has never been a good solution for this problem.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Does resupply work like COD in that a dead body will drop a generic ammo pack that you can pick up or do they actually have to have a grenade left and the ammo you need?

IHaveIce, go with NoMoreMrIceGuy for sure.

Also, easy way to counter friendly fire being disabled: nab hardlight shield, wait until a teammate gets something powerful like an incineration cannon or sniper. Pretend to be tactical sitting next to them, and then the second before they fire, bam! Turn around and activate the shield so they either waste ammo or suicide and you can teabag them and take their weapon. Plus, if it's like Reach we'll still be able to splatter people.

Oh man, Infinity Slayer is going to be good.

As far as grenades are concerned, it does make me a bit worrisome to not be able to return to a normal state easily (as in having everything I spawn with) if I choose to use it against someone in battle. It means within the current life I'm being disadvantaged against those that merely spawn. Though I guess there are a lot of ways that it can go so I don't have anything strong to say about it either way until I try it.

I like the change as well. I also support the decision to take friendly fire out of infinity slayer. I'm sick and tired of being intentionally team-killed over a vehicle or power weapon. Happens constantly in BTB in Reach. I know it will have a negative impact as well with people firing Banshee blasts and rockets into crowds of people- but I think, given the level of douchebaggery that exists within the average random online gamer these days, it's the lesser of two evils. The booting system has never been a good solution for this problem.
Despite this, Counter-Strike server mods have found a way to reconcile the behaviour in a way that kept trolling minimum while still keeping friendly fire: any damage you do on a friendly is done double to yourself.

Wait what?

Now I know where will be most of the Halo 4 Players.

Guys have batshit expectations they did their best, just quite down and like the game.

To anyone that'll really be unable to function in the one or two playlists where friendly fire is disabled (even though those same people have pretty much proclaimed they'll never touch those playlists), see above. You can still grief.

Reach grenade spam was a bunch of shit, this helps a lot with that problems actually.

Also you still start out with the grenades.

And they can still be picked up around the map, just not off of dead bodies (unless you have the perk).

Most people who have played the game seem to be in favor of the change.

Top Bottom