• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Pop

Ram goin' all kinds of hard in here, haha.

Yeah, no.

Have you been on XBL lately? Or the internet for that matter.

Really by saying the opposite of what others say. Hmmm

Most of you guys in here Slrp from the same straw. A lot of nut hugging in here.

Edit: Ram, I don't mean this in a rude way but I guess I grew out of slrping on an internet forum.

One of them starts with a T and ends with an alents.

LOL skimming through the pages and noticed this.. So you call out the one person who clearly 99% of this forum is again? Why not call out someone who's been here for a while? Heck even BigShow (idk why you hold him in such a high regard because many others post just as well when they're being attacked or just in general to describe a belief)?

I mean Talents isn't even a bad dude, how many of you have actually taken any sort of time to talk to him outside of the context of a forum? He's actually a pretty chill dude, not bad at Halo and isn't annoying.. at all.

So now that that's outta the way, idk if any of you are EpicBattlyCry fans but they finally brought it back and discussed their thoughts on the Halo 4 leak at around 14:37. Interesting watch to say the least ;]

The tires alone are shoulder height and have to be removed using small explosive charges. Seriously.

Hey, you guys have any plans to be on the Bonus Round or Invisible Walls at GameTrailers? I would love to see some other talk on IW, especially since Shane is such a CoD fanboy B] - I can see some great discussions though between you guys and Geoff Keighley!

Most of you guys in here Slrp from the same straw. A lot of nut hugging in here.

Ram speaks the truth, a lot of people feel that way.

Im Firmly on team Salt but Gaf is full of good people. Slrp, salt we all like halo so please stop the mindless bitching

Ramirez

Who doesn't love a good nut hugging?

And to say I'm slurping is hilarious. I've been equally happy with the game, and dissatisfied with the decisions, the difference is that I can not come off as a child when I present my opinions.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The tires alone are shoulder height and have to be removed using small explosive charges. Seriously.

That's awesome.

Edit: Ram, I don't mean this in a rude way but I guess I grew out of slrping on an internet forum.

Cry more biotch. Your feelings are clearly hurt.

Blissful

Neo Member
The only problems with having a skill based ranking system is host booting, account selling, and boosting.

- If 343 cared, they could take a proactive approach and perm ban those who host boot, making it so players think twice before commiting the crime.
- Now with the new xbox live security features, it is harder to sell accounts and many of those account buyers would be turned off from buying an account because they know it may lead to a scam
- Again, if 343 gave 2 shits and took a proactive approach, they can perm ban boosters as well.

As for the dick waving thing again, how about you just use the mute button on the kid that likes to brag about their rank.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Certain slrprs slrp for different reasons. I am one of those slrprs

Fracas

#fuckonami
Come here, I'll show you...

EIAU0.gif

Ramirez

What am I slurping you ignoramus? I said I WANTED ranks, but it is not a deal breaker, and it is childish to be in that state of mind. At the end of the day, gameplay rules all, or at least it should. A game could have an amazing ranking system, but play like complete crap, and you're telling me you'd play it just because it caters to your desire to be the best on the internet?

If most of you truly strive to be the best, you'd be attending MLG events, no one cares that you're a level 50 in Halo MM.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, basically.

Thats amazing. :lol

Wait, is that the FUD hog? I don't remember it looking that big next to people.

It's actually about 5% smaller than game scale, but Spartans make it look sort of normal in game. It is enormous. Lots of really amazing detail in it too.

Pop

Cry more biotch. Your feelings are clearly hurt.

Nah man. It's cute how you guys in here all stand up for one another when people like myself(the 10% who like rank according to Ram) say something about how we would love to "dick wave" are ranks around in H4.

Edit: ^^From above, I do love Halo. Moving on now.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I'm pretty indifferent w/ the ranks at this point. It'd be nice to have an Arena 2.0, but I won't lose sleep over it.

I am interested in knowing how comprehensive the stat tracking will be. If skill based match making does work**, most everyone SHOULD have k/d's ~1, so I don't know how much it'll actually tell us.

**Assumes equal skill ranks for all involved players, not just having even teams w/ wide range of player skills.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nah man. It's cute how you guys in here all stand up for one another when people like myself(the 10% who like rank according to Ram) say something about how we would love to "dick wave" are ranks around in H4.

You're cute, wanna make out? We can hug eachother's nuts if you like.

It's actually about 5% smaller than game scale, but Spartans make it look sort of normal in game. It is enormous. Lots of really amazing detail in it too.

How do the explosives actually work for removing the wheel without damaging it? Are they just on the metal? I would imagine that's pretty risky in general.

Swarmerr

What am I slurping you ignoramus? I said I WANTED ranks, but it is not a deal breaker, and it is childish to be in that state of mind. At the end of the day, gameplay rules all, or at least it should. A game could have an amazing ranking system, but play like complete crap, and you're telling me you'd play it just because it caters to your desire to be the best on the internet?

If most of you truly strive to be the best, you'd be attending MLG events, no one cares that you're a level 50 in Halo MM.

The fact is it's hard to attend mlg events. You have to take time off of school/work, have some money stockpiled for the weekend, make transportation arrangements etc.

Having a ranking system online allows a person to strive for their best from the comfort of their own home. Basically it is a lot easier.

Ramirez

Why are you worried about what Shogun said, I've addressed your silly posts 2-3 times now and you've conveniently glossed over them.

You can't make a slurp joke, when there is no slurping, and just move on!

The fact is it's hard to attend mlg events. You have to take time off of school/work, have some money stockpiled for the weekend, make transportation arrangements etc.

Having a ranking system online allows a person to strive for their best from the comfort of their own home. Basically it is a lot easier.

Obviously it's hard, my point was that no one at the end of the day cares what rank you are. Once you reach max rank, how do you know who is the best from that point on? There's a ceiling online, I was a 50 in 3, but the highest I ever attained in MLG was 47, ranks mean little to nothing, because even if you reach max rank, there's always a multitude of people out there who will crap on you every time you play.

All I'm saying is, it's cool to want a ranking system (I want one!), but once you cross the line of saying "There's simply no way I could enjoy this game without a visual rank!", it just becomes silly.

wat. I would think the majority opinion here is that ranks are something they want returned, but it's more that you're getting petty over opinions. Ram saying that he personally grew out of caring about ranks, and then you replying with "That's all you can come back with? Haha oh man." and then childishly mimicking his post afterwards.

Get a grip man.

xBrutality

Neo Member
Quick question that I hope gets answered. Is there a mute ban in Halo 4? After not playing Reach for a while I got on to see that I'm mute banned for the first time and to be honest, it's really annoying.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok so lets figure out a league for H4 launch.

How many teams do we need? Do we go by record in pools or have one open season? Go by points? 4v4? Who are the team captains blah blah blah

Top Bottom