• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
OBJECTION

Seriously though, you'll get a bunch of the "GOD DAMMIT THEY'RE STILL PUTTING STUPID FUCKING FORGE MAPS IN MM?!!?" as an immediate response to that thread title.

or no one will care and only Forgers will use the thread.

Don't matta.

But you see... ploys like that creates attention. Marketing good sir... marketing. ;) lol...

How'd you play it prior to release without being a journalist or retailer and not spending any money?
why don't they already have it
lol, I was gonna say something but I assumed he misspoke
Talk about reading too much in to a sentence. They will get my money when the purchase goes through at the retailer on November 6th. That's why that sentence is formed as a forgone conclusion. This is why I didn't want to get in to a billion posts about the purchase of the game, because people can't help but act like children.

Omni

Talk about reading too much in to a sentence. They will get my money when the purchase goes through at the retailer on November 6th. That's why that sentence is formed as a forgone conclusion. It's also why I didn't want to get in to a billion posts about the purchase of the game, because people can't help but act like children.

I for one, do not care.

What I do care about however, is the dialogue between the marines and whatnot on the ground. Is it all serious and boring like in Reach, or is it a little more exciting and random and even funny like in Halo 3 (dare I say it, Halo 2 - Which I consider the best in that regard)

I for one, do not care.

What I do care about however, is the dialogue between the marines and whatnot on the ground. Is it all serious and boring like in Reach, or is it a little more exciting and random and even funny like in Halo 3 (dare I say it, Halo 2 - Which I consider the best in that regard)
Well let's just say that the grunts are no longer cute, and sound completely different. What does that tell you about the tone?

IHaveIce

Banned
Someone who respects 343i would have said "no, I will not endorse this retailer's breaking of the street date set by 343i."

ANYWAYS. 6 Days!

Yeah, a Halo fan who sees the game aviable to purchase or has the option to get it would see "NO OF COURSE NOT, I WANT TO WAIT"

people pls.

So could we stop jumping on people if we didn't know what are the circumstances

You don't want that kind of attention, broheim.

Well you are right, but I also don't want a title on magnets because with the current placement of magnets they are quite limiting in flexibility for those using pieces in interesting ways. If I was part of the decision I would have put magnets at the corners of faces rather than in the center of edges. The corners of pieces are used much more often for creating connecting geometry. And corners still promote the current usage of magnets like easily linking bridges, ramps, doorways, etc. The current implementation is great for casual forgers, but for anyone participating in the Forge OT on the regular basis I don't see them being a major feature. Just my two cents.

I am definitely still loving:

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Building a better tomorrow; one Brace, Large at a time

Cuz honestly, I think most forgers can agree that the Brace, Large is the piece of the gods.

Omni

Well let's just say that the grunts are no longer cute, and sound completely different. What does that tell you about the tone?
Eh, was still hoping the marines and Spartans or whatever made some quirky comments every now and again. In a strange way, it made them more relatable in Halo 2 and you (well, me) cared if they died, and even went as far as to try and keep them alive.

I missed that feeling in Reach.

Someone who respects 343i would have said "no, I will not endorse this retailer's breaking of the street date set by 343i."

ANYWAYS. 6 Days!
Dude, if you want to go on a moral crusade about me playing a game I'm anticipating for years a week in advance even after paying money for it, then go right ahead.

There's still nothing on par with this in any Halo game. I don't think its greatness will ever be matched. I remember playing Halo 1 a lot the weeks leading up to two, I had an Xbox magazine disc that had that presentation on it. I watched it just about everyday. I still would love to play what's shown there. Bungie was so cruel to cut it.

Played reach for the last time today.

When it's all said and done, it was good to me...maybe.

Game was an abomination the sooner we all move on the better. Stamp on your disk and burn the peices - then scatter them across the globe so they dont reform.

There are much bigger and lekker things coming.

Also I had some of that Halo 4 pizza before - the box is nice but the pizza seemed the same as always.

heckfu

Banned
Dude, if you want to go on a moral crusade about me playing a game I'm anticipating for years a week in advance even after paying money for it, then go right ahead. But your moral indignation gets really annoying after like the 4th post. If you're that bothered that someone played the game before you and put up impressions than just block me.

My internet got flooded with your tears.

m23

People sound really jealous of Monumental. I trust that he got it legitimately, its really not that hard to believe when there is less than a week to go. And what Halo fan wouldn't pick up the game early if given the chance?

Found AC3 waiting for me when I got home, hopefully it will keep me busy until next week.

Buying the game ahead of time isn't exactly slapping the company in the face...I doubt 343 cares at all WHEN someone plays the game. I'm sure if they had it their way as soon as the game went gold they would let everyone play it unfortunately logistics and marketing/advertising teams make that impossible.

BUILD HYPE by sending me an EMAIL, UNLEASH IT AT CERTAIN DATE. Please, you aint gunna beat CoD's #'s anyways with that shit ARG. Let us play the game.

Holy crap that interactive guide is terrible. I mean I shouldnt complain - but I hope its not indicative of how Waypoint stats tracking will be. Whats wrong with a nice light browser friendly guide - this flash heavy content light site is doing nothing for me.

Tunavi

Banned
Dude, if you want to go on a moral crusade about me playing a game I'm anticipating for years a week in advance even after paying money for it, then go right ahead. But your moral indignation gets really annoying after like the 4th post. If you're that bothered that someone played the game before you and put up impressions than just block me.
show us the receipt

191647_original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom