• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
qIsFa.gif

*swoon*

Ramirez

Yes it is. I had no idea about anything that happened on the first level and the video outlined quite a bit of detail :/

There wasn't even anything new in that video, it's been around for months on various sites/videos.

Does seeing a snippet of the first level really ruin the game for some of you? lol

Oozer3993

Hey, we finally get a little more detail as to what the Infinity briefing packet contains. Anybody want to discuss?

* Spartan IV handbook detailing aspects of the Spartan IV program as well as weapons they may come into contact with.
* Spartan IV armor schematic.
* Sealed mission briefing.

At least that's what I remember from the unboxing video posted the other day.

MrBig

There wasn't even anything new in that video, it's been around for months on various sites/videos.

Does seeing a snippet of the first level really ruin the game for some of you? lol

Precedence doesn't matter. I have no idea why I watched that as I've avoided pretty much everything else campaign related. And no of course it didn't ruin the game for me, but the campaign is the reason I'm buying H4. Instead of experiencing that part of it myself I had it blandly stated.

* Spartan IV handbook detailing aspects of the Spartan IV program as well as weapons they may come into contact with.
* Spartan IV armor schematic.
* Sealed mission briefing.

At least that's what I remember from the unboxing video posted the other day.

Link? I don't remember seeing that.

m23

Wasn't there supposed to be some "Bringing Gaming into Reality" thing in the LE? I don't see it listed there.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Precedence doesn't matter. I have no idea why I watched that as I've avoided pretty much everything else campaign related. And no of course it didn't ruin the game for me, but the campaign is the reason I'm buying H4. Instead of experiencing that part of it myself I had it blandly stated.
So where do you draw the line? The god damn tv ad shows you a way bigger spoiler (something you hadn't even seen in press videos). Do you literally not want to know anything about campaign then? Why are you even watching videos of Halo 4?

Wow, that Polygon video has major spoilers. They just flat-out state that the
Forward Unto Dawn
gets sucked into the
giant Forerunner construct

I think I'm just gonna go look up the Legendary ending on YouTube now and get it over with.

Ramirez

Wow, that Polygon video has major spoilers. They just flat-out state that the
Forward Unto Dawn
gets sucked into the
giant Forerunner construct

I think I'm just gonna go look up the Legendary ending on YouTube now and get it over with.

Wait, there are Forerunners in the game?

neoism

Maybe he's joking, or maybe he's not.
Still annoying when somebody acts like I did something wrong with H2.

some people hear worship the game....you didn't miss much
its still the worst halo game..... campaign and mp I loved them both but even bungie thinks so too.

some people hear worship the game....you didn't miss much
its still the worst halo game..... campaign and mp I loved them both but even bungie thinks so too.
Wrong. Best halo.

There couldn't possibly be valid reasons for that, could there? Like my parents not buying me an Xbox until 2008, and none of my friends owning it?

But yeah, put me on ignore for something I can't control.
have you played the game at all or just not the MP?

Bsigg12

That Polygon article was a great read. Very informative about what 343 is doing for the game. I wish I would have been selected for one of the playtests.

Worse than Reach? I find that hard to believe.

Not at all. I've watched the cutscenes on YouTube if that counts for anything.
Way better than reach. Best story/writing though some levels drag out a bit. MP was the best in the series though. Next time I see a copy in a store I'll grab it and send it to you.

neoism

Worse than Reach? I find that hard to believe.

Not at all. I've watched the cutscenes on YouTube if that counts for anything.
Me and toshi are the only two I think that really like Reach.... its shitty now without an update in months... but MP wise reach (for me) its alot better..... I had maybe 1000+ or more in halo 2 I used a different account and only have like 80 on my current tag... after level 32 or so on it, it was just hacks and cheating in halo 2 mp.....For what it was at the time though was amazing...still the worst halo game. I had more fun with customs just fucking around doing glitches....

Jerry Holkins from PA had some comments about Frankie & Co.:

Tycho said:
I do not envy “343 Studios,” what Microsoft calls its Halo Manufacturing Center. I think of myself as being reasonably capable; I can turn a blank page or similarly ornamented text field into something a person might want to read. But I would never - never - take a job at 343 Studios. There’s tempting fate, and then there’s telling fate to go fuck itself, and taking up that mantle bears those fate-fucking connotations.

They’re literally making it inside the building Bungie vacated to go be Bungie somewhere else, in a tomb, trying to create light. Bungie left a lot on the table, as we have repeatedly said: they have a peculiar talent for making great stories they can’t subsequently tell in game form. Even so. Picking up four games in, I don’t know how you do that. I wouldn’t be able to move. I would sit perfectly still until I died in my chair.

zlatko

Banned
Played some Anni tonight. Been forever since I played CE, and the last time was in co op. Forgot how brutal this game is on legendary solo lol.

Got to the part where you have to go find the 3 groups of soldiers that are survivors once you cross the light bridge in the underground once you first land on Halo.

Is the audio supposed to be jacked up in this game? Quite often the music plays way too fucking loud over voice overs. :/

malfcn

Played some Anni tonight. Been forever since I played CE, and the last time was in co op. Forgot how brutal this game is on legendary solo lol.

Got to the part where you have to go find the 3 groups of soldiers that are survivors once you cross the light bridge in the underground once you first land on Halo.

Is the audio supposed to be jacked up in this game? Quite often the music plays way too fucking loud over voice overs. :/

I have had the same brutal experience. Been off and on playing through Two Betrayals. So far I'd say this is the hardest solo legendary play through for me.

Me and toshi are the only two I think that really like Reach.... its shitty now without an update in months... but MP wise reach (for me) its alot better..... I had maybe 1000+ or more in halo 2 I used a different account and only have like 80 on my current tag... after level 32 or so on it, it was just hacks and cheating in halo 2 mp.....For what it was at the time though was amazing...still the worst halo game. I had more fun with customs just fucking around doing glitches....
Haha. Lots of people here like Reach, even those that bitch about it and make references to how supposedly shitty it is, to the contrary, played the shit out of it. They way people talk about it you wouldn't think it was still pulling nearly 10^5 players a day.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

who the fuck is toshi

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The original CE was like that. So was Halo 2. It was pretty bad. It took me a few playthroughs to figure out what the hell Cortana was whispering on some parts.

I LIKE Reach, but I still rage hard when I run into an Armor Locker, or get robbed by bloom, or get killed by a Jetpacker falling from the sky, or...

It is without a doubt the worst Halo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom