• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

i really hate myself for noticing the (slightly below what I expect) texture quality on the exposed skull face

if not for the cortana "gap" and that skull face, I think everything Ive seen so far has been just about flawless

FPS Fan

Neo Member
LIKELY CAMPAIGN SPOILER IN LINK.

So is there a comprehensive list of the Halo 4 music tracks out there yet? I know there's the standard 15 OST tracks, plus "Armour" and "Desecration", plus the "Never Forget" remake, and I just found this one on youtube (potential story spoilers in title). I always hate having to hunt down songs that don't make the OST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgwYKS4Ihg&feature=related

Sai-kun

Banned
So is there a comprehensive list of the Halo 4 music tracks out there yet? I know there's the standard 15 OST tracks, plus "Armour" and "Desecration", plus the "Never Forget" remake, and I just found this one on youtube (potential story spoilers in title). I always hate having to hunt down songs that don't make the OST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgwYKS4Ihg&feature=related

Whoa. That song title.

and that sound quality :lol #muerte

zap

Hypothetically, if a truck carrying Halo 4 copies for some reason flips on the highway and a bunch of copies go flying everywhere, and some innocent guy ends up with a legit copy of Halo 4 in the back of his pickup as he was speeding by, can that guy after finding it on the back of his truck put it on his xbox and play that connected to xbox live very early without getting banned?

So jelly.

FyreWulff

So, even this far into the lifespan of Halo: Reach, we still have a challenge that rewards 1 credit

:|

I thought you were talking about Link Up With Bungie.net which they did this to (which apparently they can't prevent from showing up, they fix it later in the day), but why the hell is Upload a Clip to your File Share 1cR now?

Redford

aka Cabbie
Also, the Knights look better with blue skulls IMO:

http://i.imgur.com/tD5zs.jpg[IMG]

That looks way cooler and less like ghost rider IMO.
[/QUOTE]

I never thought I'd get used to those skulls, but I have. They more than anything got me worried about Halo 4. There's still no explanation for the different colors, eh?

(Also a random question, does anyone know what Halo 4's FOV is? Same as Reach?)

TheOddOne

Polygon looks like a clusterfuck. It's trying to be Edge 2.0 so much it hurts.

Their $700k Microsoft bankroll lost them any credibility they had before they even launched.
They tried winning some respect back with the Forza Horizon review. Everybody in the world had something nice to say about the game, even the most notorious picky reviewers (Eurogamer gave it a 9, Giantbomb a 5/5), so Polygon's review stuck out as a sore thumb.

Dear 343:

I hope you were as lax with invisible barriers in Halo 4 as Bungie was when they made Halo 2.

Sincerely,

Oozer

Hey look, it's where I'm supposed to be!

Cool kids bypass loading zones.

In case of emergency, your Ghost can be used as a submersible.
Driving a Scorpion all over the Mountain terrain in that level was the best.

Yeah you know cause they totally have flaming heads.

There is a certain undeniable similarity to a flaming skull, thats for sure.

vrLXc.png

3hJXm.png

I still wish they went with a slightly more subtle design like those we saw in the concept art.

Just finished a co-op Anniversary playthrough, onto H2 tomorrow night probably.

This has all been stated before, but worth sharing again:
-Dear lord the framerate in spots in Anniversary
-Do not like the remastered score
-Sound mixing is awful, can't hear dialogue at all

Other than that, still CE, so still a shit ton of fun. That fucking weapon sandbox is so damn good.

zap

I was just talking to a friend who is a big CoD fan and doesn't play Halo at all. He was telling me that after keeping up with FUD, he is seriously tempted to pick up Halo 4 at launch. I guess they're doing something right!

Gazzawa

I was just talking to a friend who is a big CoD fan and doesn't play Halo at all. He was telling me that after keeping up with FUD, he is seriously tempted to pick up Halo 4 at launch. I guess they're doing something right!
Was this "friend" you by any chance?

Sounds like a sketch made in a DAW, not a final recording. May be due to the terrible quality.

I would consider that title a potential spoiler. BE WARNED.

Omni

I never thought I'd get used to those skulls, but I have. They more than anything got me worried about Halo 4. There's still no explanation for the different colors, eh?

(Also a random question, does anyone know what Halo 4's FOV is? Same as Reach?)
Frankie said a while back that red/orange means that they're under the control of the Didact and blue is just their standard mode or whatever.

Plus I'm pretty sure FOV is same as Reach.
1.5gb to last me until the 10 of November :|

I think I'm going to go super dark.

Ouch.

I've got about 9GB left to last until the 16th... which isn't much better. Trying to leave some so I can download any Spartan Ops missions if they're released or whatever though.

Arcade firefight is the worst thing to happen to Firefight. Instead of trying to survive it's just who can get the most kills with the unlimited rockets and other power weapons.

Fuck Reach.

MrDaravon

Wait, so the bulletin didn't go up yesterday because bsangel didn't have accurate Forge information? What the fuck is this, pirates could have given this to her weeks ago. So glad I cancelled my LE based on information she provided.

Bandwidth limits suuuuuuck, my condolences.

Edit: Gamestop wants pre-order people to pick between either a Ghost avatar prop or Gamestop-branded Halo 4 wallpapers for the final pre-order bonus. If the wallpapers win I lose all faith in humanity.

Petrichor

This is pretty spoilery - avoid!

I like it though, hope it is actually in the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm going to try the default control scheme in Halo 4. I'll miss Bumper Jumper, but having AAs available on a bumper might be worth it. I hate clicking left stick to sprint SO MUCH, though. At least they didn't put melee on the right stick...

I really wish 343 would've made Bumper Jumper with AAs on the right bumper, melee on the B button, and reload on the X button. Or allowed us to customize our control schemes.

Edit : Actually, I might use Recon. Anything to avoid click to sprint! Here's the final layouts for those who want to commiserate with me

Wait, so the bulletin didn't go up yesterday because bsangel didn't have accurate Forge information? What the fuck is this, pirates could have given this to her weeks ago. So glad I cancelled my LE based on information she provided.

Edit: Gamestop wants pre-order people to pick between either a Ghost avatar prop or Gamestop-branded Halo 4 wallpapers for the final pre-order bonus. If the wallpapers win I lose all faith in humanity.

I've always found it a bit odd that the Bulletins aren't the type of thing where they are written a week in advance and up on a timer rather than being written what seems like the day of and manually posted.

MrDaravon

I've always found it a bit odd that the Bulletins aren't the type of thing where they are written a week in advance and up on a timer rather than being written what seems like the day of and manually posted.

I understand why they're posted manually (things could change, etc), but delaying the bulletin because she had the wrong Forge information and this couldn't somehow be obtained in the last 7 days is just hilariously incompetent.

FyreWulff

The gamestop vote is rigged

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I understand why they're posted manually (things could change, etc), but delaying the bulletin because she had the wrong Forge information and this couldn't somehow be obtained in the last 7 days is just hilariously incompetent.
Maybe there was a tornado. Maybe David Ellis's laptop grew legs and started destroying other peoples' files, too. Maybe it was difficult getting solid Forge information because the game has already shipped and many people are out of the office. Maybe bs angel does a lot more than write the weekly bulletin, and had other work to do, and made a grown-up, adult decision to delay the bulletin in favor of other tasks. Maybe getting the bulletin out like clockwork every Wednesday is less of a priority than you think. Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Shame, I have a fresh 80 gigs starting tomorrow.

#HostErryGame

NZ host is disgusting. That shit steals my MLG overkills.

On another note, my dad wanted to play Halo so I let him "loose" on Halo PC. Outcome? Cliffs were a bigger danger to him than anything haha :D

TheOddOne

Maybe there was a tornado. Maybe David Ellis's laptop grew legs and started destroying other peoples' files, too. Maybe it was difficult getting solid Forge information because the game has already shipped and many people are out of the office. Maybe bs angel does a lot more than write the weekly bulletin, and had other work to do, and made a grown-up, adult decision to delay the bulletin in favor of other tasks. Maybe getting the bulletin out like clockwork every Wednesday is less of a priority than you think. Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about.
I was going to be more of a dick in my reply, but you said it a bit nicer. So yeah, I agree.

MrDaravon

The fuck is wrong with you people? This is weekly feature and the reason provided for it's delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they're really busy with launch or something just say that, that's understandable and no one will care.

If this was another game or publisher there would probably have been a separate thread made and people would be ripping it apart. You people just blindly bend over and take some of this shit, it's sad. It's not even that big a deal on either side, but people here immediately jumped all over to white knight it.

Fuchsdh

The fuck is wrong with you people? This is weekly feature and the reason provided for it's delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they're really busy with launch or something just say that, that's understandable and no one will care.

Your sense of entitlement about absolutely nothing important is pretty amusing.

Anyone know what the turnaround for an Amazon.com preorder might be? I'm not going to have time to play the game on November 6 probably, so whether it gets there launch day is a bit moot, but I'd love to have it day after.

MrDaravon

Your sense of entitlement about absolutely nothing important is pretty amusing.

Anyone know what the turnaround for an Amazon.com preorder might be? I'm not going to have time to play the game on November 6 probably, so whether it gets there launch day is a bit moot, but I'd love to have it day after.

I have no sense of entitlement, I would not have even known it was delayed if it had not been posted in this very thread why, which is what I was responding to. I like how I can't point out how the reason they provided for the delay is nonsensical without being completely jumped on.

Satchel

Banned
My 500GB cap resets every calendar month so I'm good.

Only a week and a bit to go.

Got my console and LE copy pre-ordered.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Omni

If this was another game or publisher there would probably have been a separate thread made and people would be ripping it apart. You people just blindly bend over and take some of this shit, it's sad. It's not even that big a deal on either side, but people here immediately jumped all over to white knight it.

It's not even a big deal, like fuck?

TheOddOne

Fuck is wrong with you? Get off your fucking high horse that everything revolves around you being happy. If it wasn't a big deal you would not have made this idiotic comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom