• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

About global ordenance: I believe the Gears 2/3 system is the best one.

There are set points where weapons spawn, and what spawns there is semi-random

e.g. a sniper weapon will spawn on a sniper perch, a CQC weapon will spawn on the bottom floor, and so on.

This system keeps the game fresh and yet somewhat predictable.
Also, you can see what spawns where at the start of each round.

I would love it if this system would be patched into Halo 4.

Been experimenting with designs similar to that of the Windows 8 tiles. I am a big fan of simplicity.

iUIllyZU5kXAz.png

iXWYqxQ0mDQVS.png

Sai-kun

Banned
I wish the "enemy/your team nearing victory" music was mixed just slightly louder. I really liked how it was at PAX but it's almost unnoticeable now. I used to jam to that shit.

Yager

Banned
so uh, what are you saying then

That if you don't want sprint, AA and stuff like that you can always play Halo 3. I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain about things you don't like, but in here it seems that a lot of folks come in just for saying how the game sucks and bla bla bla (mind you, I'm not saying he's one of them).

Havok

I got betrayed by vehicles 3 times last night in H4, so it's still possible, I think they turned it off on a couple of playlists but not all
Friendly fire is only turned off in Infinity gametypes. Two playlists.

...the two that every new player will start with and then not realize that they can't fire a rocket at their teammate to mop up the kill when they graduate to the more hardcore gametypes oh god what have they done.

IHaveIce

Banned
That if you don't want sprint, AA and stuff like that you can always play Halo 3. I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain about things you don't like, but in here it seems that a lot of folks come in just for saying how the game sucks and bla bla bla (mind you, I'm not saying he's one of them).

SO if you want to play Halo for what it was known for you have to play a 5 year old game? Great.

Yager

Banned
SO if you want to play Halo for what it was known for you have to play a 5 year old game? Great.

If every Halo played exactly the same, people would say "bah, this is getting old, it's always the same, why would I want to buy the new one if the old one is the same game?...". The introduce some things new for the franchise, everybody says that's not Halo anymore. No matter what they do, people would still complain.

If every Halo played exactly the same, people would say "bah, this is getting old, it's always the same, why would I want to buy the new one if the old one is the same game?...". The introduce some things new for the franchise, everybody says that's not Halo anymore. No matter what they do, people would still complain.

What if they came up with stuff that complements the halo gameplay? Now, we have stuff that makes it play less like Halo.

Tawpgun

Watched the epilogue again.

Made me think, I think the Didact is delivering a speech to someone or a group of people at the end in his voice over.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Many ideas have been proposed (even by people here) that would add to the core formula of Halo without compromising the "soul" of the game. 343 achieved this, to some extent. However, they also went backwards in certain areas.

IHaveIce

Banned

Don't know this formular works really well for Sports games or CoD looking at their sale numbers.

Adding new stuff - ok
adding stuff that goes farther away from the concept of Halo - bad.

Armor Abilites would be ok, if we didn't spawn with them etc.

Many others said this already, the idea of joining the battlefield on equal terms is now completely forgotten.

orznge

Banned

New is good no matter what it is.

Yager

Banned
What if they came up with stuff that complements the halo gameplay? Now, we have stuff that makes it play less like Halo.

For me it still plays like Halo, but a bit different. There are some things that should be modified, not for making it more "haloish", but a better game. Obviously that's my opinion and I'm not saying you should all agree with me. The thing that bothers me is people who come in here to talk shit about the game without even giving it a try.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well go to school, get your game design degree and save Halo from the unwashed masses!

Were it so easy.

But no, I obviously wouldn't be able to do anything. However, suggestions I've seen such as AAs being pickups sound far preferable to the way they're incorporated now.

GhaleonEB

Serious question, what's the difference between SpOps and Firefight apart from new enemies, and a slight bit of added story?

So far in the season it's easier to list what was lost rather than gained, relative to Firefight. The mode has potential, but it's not realized yet.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm actually enjoying this slate of Spartan Ops missions, at least compared to the first week. It's hardly a compelling campaign, but it has potential. The dialogue is pretty bad though.

Serious question, what's the difference between SpOps and Firefight apart from new enemies, and a slight bit of added story?

Slightly more sprawling environments, and, occasionally, actual level progression from point A to B (e.g.: sniper alley, where you advance from shield door to shield door).
If there were checkpoints, I think I would tremendously enjoy SpOps.
Fuck Land Grab tho. What a stupid, cheapass mission.
As of now, it's still besser than Reach's arcadey firefight.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm actually enjoying this slate of Spartan Ops missions, at least compared to the first week. It's hardly a compelling campaign, but it has potential. The dialogue is pretty bad though.

For me it is a worse dialogue than in campaign but better enemy combat, I think Spartan Ops Legendary Solo is far more challenging as Campaign, sadly you can't fail in SpOps and therefore there is no real challenge

GhaleonEB

I'm hoping we get more missions like Land Grab. Not so much for the vehicle play - because I'm not a fan of Halo 4's vehicles - but in how open and sandboxy the mission was. Too many of them have devolved into fighting through respawning waves of enemies (Land Grab is guilty of this as well), and I found it getting both predictable and tedious near the end of the second episode. Coupled with the total lack of challenge due to the spawning and life systems, I actually found it boring at times.

On that note...this is the first Halo game where I don't have a desire to go back and restart the campaign. I can't think of a single mission right now that I want to go back through. :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well Firefight had customization and SpOps doesn't.
The Spartans will remain dudebros and dudettebro for the entire remainder of the season. All smart people are eggheads and Spartans are essentially born from the same yolk as the Gears of War crew.

Except for the generic rookie who has conversations with Palmer, don't forget that cookie cutter motherfucker.

Top Bottom