• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

I really miss the red Xs. No idea why they went.

I have to say despite there being various things I dislike, H4 is great fun for me: I can understand some complaints here, but the level of negativity and hyperbole from some quarters doesn't equate to much other than a real emotional disappointment: something that will inevitably occur, sadly.

Sucks you're not liking H4, though. Are you going into matchmaking alone? My experience has been vastly different when going in with just two other people compared to solo. I'll only play with people I know from now on, or just do something else.

This is what I've been doing for the last 5 years.

I do it for every MP game. I need at least one person I know online to even consider playing.

Randoms nowadays are the worst of the worst.

Woorloog

Banned

I do it for every MP game. I need at least one person I know online to even consider playing.

Gotta start doing this as well. Can't deal with randoms anymore. I had hoped Halo 4 randoms wouldn't be so bad... but they're just as bad as in Reach and Halo 3.

COD is still the only game where i've never had this issue.

Ah, well, guess i'll resub EVE online or something, MMOs work fine solo, ironically... and it is pretty easy to find good guild/corp. EDIT i need a game i can play solo too, can't always get people to play with in Halo 4. Burned out of my other games, like Skyrim.

They need to change it where it doesn't affect power weapons, but I like the perk for the base weapons, especially on BTB maps where it's easier to run out of ammo.
This is obviously the better solution. I get six shots for the Railgun, too. Speaking of the Railgun...
See. Everyone loves the railgun. It is such a great weapon.
Agreed. It's a fantastic weapon. Perhaps my favorite in the game.

heckfu

Banned
Anyone know how to get this emblem?

NkHAw.jpg

Seeing as how my H2 era phoenix is not in the game anymore, this would be a very suitable replacement.

Yeah that made me sad to see, I've had the same avatar since Halo 2 until now.

Now I am just another part of WolfGaf.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like the white text. It makes for extremely simple feedback knowing that you got a kill vs someone else did. Granted this wouldn't be a problem if the kill feed was easier to view at a glance.

Woorloog

Banned
Dat Merc playlist

Everybody gets to be randoms

I didn't actually play in the Merc list, people there were just about as stupid as in Halo. Normal Deathmatch all the day, was fun pretty much always.

Too bad BLOPS 2 seems to have some questionable things or i'd get it, to play alone, while playing Halo 4 with GAF and other friends.

This is obviously the better solution. I get six shots for the Railgun, too. Speaking of the Railgun...

Agreed. It's a fantastic weapon. Perhaps my favorite in the game.

My favorite too, i think. Though i really like Scattershot and Boltshot as well.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like the white text. It makes for extremely simple feedback knowing that you got a kill vs someone else did. Granted this wouldn't be a problem if the kill feed was easier to view at a glance.

Why have the white text and the blue killfeed on the left? Why not just put the white text there as well? And color it blue. I've noticed i don't look left anymore... Don't like not noticing what's going on with the game. It is the white text's fault. It bothers me, i still want to get rid of it.

Which reminds me; sorry I ignored your invite over the weekend. I had just filled in a full party and was having fun in KOTH.

Some positive Halo 4 talk:

- The last mission in this week's SpOps contains the "Roses vs Violets" achievement. Someone in my random party activated whatever it is, and it turns all of the recorded scientist dialog you find into RvB dialog. Good stuff.

- The "Win 20 War Games" achievement shows up as The Dongblainer on Waypoint, which is awesome.

m23

Anyone know how to get this emblem?

NkHAw.jpg

Seeing as how my H2 era phoenix is not in the game anymore, this would be a very suitable replacement.

According to the guide, you get that emblem at SR-130.....so yeah.

By the way I see a lot of people looking for people to play with, add me up "Munish Thiara." I only play with friends as well, very rarely do I go solo.

willow ve

Ammo perk has been essential for me on BTB (where I spend most of my time). On Ragnorok if you're quick you can grab snipe with 12 (or is it 16) rounds. That's a guarantee of at least one Personal Ordnance... which can lead to Binary Rifle with 8 rounds.

One thing I haven't tested. If someone with the Ammo perk picks up a power weapon (Sniper, etc.) and then drops it does the extra ammo stay with the gun or is it reduced for the next person who snags it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can someone explain how Dominion works because my teams was up 390 with 2 bases to the enemies 1 base with 380 and the next thing I know the enemy team wins by 420. :|

Woorloog

Banned
Ammo perk has been essential for me on BTB (where I spend most of my time). On Ragnorok if you're quick you can grab snipe with 12 (or is it 16) rounds. That's a guarantee of at least one Personal Ordnance... which can lead to Binary Rifle with 8 rounds.

One thing I haven't tested. If someone with the Ammo perk picks up a power weapon (Sniper, etc.) and then drops it does the extra ammo stay with the gun or is it reduced for the next person who snags it?

The ammo stays, i think. I run with Ammo often and it seems people looting my weapons have a lot of ammo.

Korosenai

Can someone explain how Dominion works because my teams was up 390 with 2 bases to the enemies 1 base with 380 and the next thing I know the enemy team wins by 420. :|
well a base can only get 30 points, so it sounds like their one base fortified faster than your two bases, giving them the 30 points to win.

Why have the white text and the blue killfeed on the left? Why not just put the white text there as well? And color it blue. I've noticed i don't look left anymore... Don't like not noticing what's going on with the game. It is the white text's fault. It bothers me, i still want to get rid of it.

That'd be fine. My main issue with the kill feed is how difficult it is to view it at a glance. The font is so small and hard to read. Generally what I want to know is one of three things: "Did I get a kill with a headshot?", "Did I get a regular kill? ", or "Did I get an assist?".

Woorloog

Banned
That'd be fine. My main issue with the kill feed is how difficult it is to view it at a glance. The font is so small and hard to read. Generally what I want to know is one of three things: "Did I get a kill with a headshot?", "Did I get a regular kill? ", or "Did I get an assist?".

The game's UI in general is atrocious, the small blue killfeed is just one of the issues...

Blueblur1

JIP is awesome. Joined a Ragnarok CTF match last night where my team was down a point and the enemy team had both Mantis vehicles. Fun!

Omni

I've noticed that quite a few things in game have incredibly small font. Pretty surprising considering 343i were trying to make everything as clear as possible

Railgun and scattershot are beautiful new weapons. Good additions.

Anyone else going through the motions with spartan op's? I can say unequivically that it is the only area of Halo 4 that is a complete and utter letdown (not that I was expecting much from it in the first place). Clear the area. Clear the area. Clear the area. Press a button. Clear the area. Clear the area. Pelican. Exit.

Total waste of resources so far. No competition, no challenge, no fun. I just ran out of dmr taking down endless, mindless hoardes of watchers; suicided with two frags to resupply. No consequence for doing so. Seriously, what have they been doing for the years they worked on this mode? I'd genuinely trade it all in for the ability to go in the theatre with one other friend. Also lol at binary rifle crawlers.

feel

Halo 2 gunplay can only take this game so far, it's getting seriously boring already and I've been playing for less than a week... :(

They need to spice things up (aka make power weapon spawns fun again).

And wtf happened to the awesome strafing I heard about? Inertia seems worse than Reach here.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dat GTA trailer. Wow.

As far as wallpapers, has anyone capped the end of the game yet? Wanted some Chief wallpapers from that end game cutscene.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 gunplay can only take this game so far, it's getting seriously boring already and I've been playing for less than a week... :(

They need to spice things up.

And wtf happened to the awesome strafing I heard about? Inertia seems worse than Reach here.

No inertia, just too slow base movement, IMO. I think.

Omni

Dat GTA trailer. Wow.

As far as wallpapers, has anyone capped the end of the game yet? Wanted some Chief wallpapers from that end game cutscene.

Yeah, there are some very good shots there

Definitely want one of Cortana touching Chief and one of MC's back in the blue room.. even MC looking at Earth from the Infinity

Top Bottom