• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played last night but before that I hadn't played since the 17th. Just got to SR25 though. Was getting matched up with tons of kids at like SR70+ was nuts. Where do people get all this free time?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
team regicide is amazing. also, nothing better then the feeling you get when you join a game in progress on a team getting their asses beat (ugh) only to get control of king within a minute and dominating so hard your team pulls out the win by a landslide. makes me feel like such a halo stud.

i'm enjoying matches like these till trueskill figures out i'm not a scrub :)

op_ivy

I'm close to being 49.

How long do the specializations take to grind though?

the nice thing is, the first several specialization levels you breeze through - similar to SR 1-10. the last several ranks take a decent amount, but its still not a reach level grind.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've had a shitty 24 hours, and need some therapy Halo. Someone play with me. I'm gonna give 4 a shot, but may rage quit and play something else.

Gui_PT

v6KeI.jpg

I played last night but before that I hadn't played since the 17th. Just got to SR25 though. Was getting matched up with tons of kids at like SR70+ was nuts. Where do people get all this free time?

I'm SR58 and Iv only been playing weekends and a few hours a night a few nights a week. With double XP id likely be in the 70+ category

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the nice thing is, the first several specialization levels you breeze through - similar to SR 1-10. the last several ranks take a decent amount, but its still not a reach level grind.
Yeah I feel the specializations all have a reasonable curve, and it's great that all specializations have the same XP curve. Definitely doesn't feel like a grind.

op_ivy

Yeah I feel the specializations all have a reasonable curve, and it's great that all specializations have the same XP curve. Definitely doesn't feel like a grind.

yup, the last two specialization ranks seem slightly longer then 59 --> 60, in that its like 60-65k. a rank up is never much more then 20 or so matches away. thats cool.

EDIT: makes me wonder if we'll see more specializations (and perks/armor) down the road as dlc when the community begins to max out

DeadNames

Banned
EDIT: makes me wonder if we'll see more specializations (and perks/armor) down the road as dlc when the community begins to max out

Didn't 343 try to do this with the "GRD" helmet as seen in the Defiant map pack?

Also, Henery check PMs. The code should work now.

And whose GT should I look up for the no instaspawn-no sprint gametype? Or does someone here have a version of it?

Didn't 343 try to do this with the "GRD" helmet as seen in the Defiant map pack?

GRD was a test bed for that kind of thing but ultimately it didnt make it into reach. Most likely because the ground work was not in place for something like that.

Just and assumption but maybe the reworked the reach engine they had to include new stuff but it was not suitable for a patch.

Hopefully Halo 4 has that rework in place

DeadNames

Banned
Slight possible maybe spoilers below:

It's a shame the only memorable part of campaign's music was when Chief sees the Halo ring and the E Dorian theme plays. I wish they had kept the theme in place :(

I'm sure everyone here has beaten the campaign though.

I've seen this posted multiple times, so I'm just curious. Why does everyone think there will be another Halo game next year? And if there is, what do you think it will be?

OT but still.

Finally got around to testing out the 3D on my Sony Bravia. Since i managed to grab 2 new pairs of Sony 3D glasses for 10% of the original price.

Halo CE:A looks great but I can see ghosting on the AR digital ammo display
Blops looked nice

Iv watched some nature shows in 3D and they looked fantastic.

I've seen this posted multiple times, so I'm just curious. Why does everyone think there will be another Halo game next year? And if there is, what do you think it will be?

Id bet that the earliest we will get another Halo game is going to be H2:A if its made.

Things like Reach and ODST don't seem likely to me. Remakes or more of the reclaimer trilogy.

SpOps S2 mid to late next year.

Tawpgun

This might be the first time in a few years without one.

Halo 5 is waiting on the new Xbox.
No spinoffs/remakes announced.
Im thinking they might release a big Spartan ops doc. New environments/story.

TheOddOne

I wish Waypoint was better designed, some of the stuff added looks pretty nice (but could be categorized better).

This is kind of cool:

jbn8Y8vydcIRQW.png

Shows the specializations somebody else has and is going through.

Oh Halo, AR is still overpowered. Yeah, I am saying it again.

Slayer Pro can be fun. It isn't when you have a guy and a guest on your team who are both going for their assassination commendation so that they can get that cool armor I'm wearing...

Slayer Pro can be fun. It isn't when you have a guy and a guest on your team who are both going for their assassination commendation so that they can get that cool armor I'm wearing...

Doesn't that imply that at one time or another you were that guy running around trying to get the assassinations?

CyReN

2013: Halo 4 Fan Expansion Pack
  • Skill Ranks
  • Halo 4 Patch 1.1
  • Playlist Management done logically
  • Spartan Ops Episode 6-10 with vast improvements (I still have faith)
  • 2 New Map Packs (that have 2+ Small-Medium Arena Style Maps)
  • Spectator Mode
  • Double XP Weekends

Schmitty

I haven't played in... yeah, 2 weeks. And that was just to run through Spartan Ops. I haven't even gone for this weeks episode, I couldn't stand hearing the word "Egghead" one more time.

Spartan Miller's whining is the worst. Why the hell are Miller and Palmer commanding anyway? I thought they were soldiers

Louis Wu

:)

Thanks

Edit: neither link works for me. One is the live only and the other was taken down
I don't understand this. "One is the live only"? Yes, it's the full stream. It's not live, though, it's archived. And I just checked - it works fine. Jump to 1:43:10 and watch the trailer. (That's all Kotaku had up; if you mean you want to watch a full digital version, it hasn't been released anywhere yet.)

I'm gonna go ahead and coin the term "Roach Baroque" right now since that new spartan ops location looks like it's something the Precursors made. Not only is it intricate, organic and washed-out, it's essentially halo-proof!

When everyone's using the term Roach Baroque in 2013 when next-gen games are riding 343's architectural dick and using that style you guys heard it here first!

Homeboyd

I don't understand this. "One is the live only"? Yes, it's the full stream. It's not live, though, it's archived. And I just checked - it works fine. Jump to 1:43:10 and watch the trailer. (That's all Kotaku had up; if you mean you want to watch a full digital version, it hasn't been released anywhere yet.)
Maybe it's because I'm viewing mobile. It only pulls up the "live" version and I can't fast forward or play anything (i.e. it's like trying to watch a live stream that's ended). I get that it's archived, my phone won't pull it up though. I'll just check when I get home.

Thanks anyways

op_ivy

2013: Halo 4 Fan Expansion Pack
  • Skill Ranks
  • Halo 4 Patch 1.1
  • Playlist Management done logically
  • Spartan Ops Episode 6-10 with vast improvements (I still have faith)
  • 2 New Map Packs (that have 2+ Small-Medium Arena Style Maps)
  • Spectator Mode
  • Double XP Weekends
  • no more whining

i added one requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom