• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Global Ordnance and Random Ordnance the same thing?

Here's the thing with their version of ordnance.

They wanted to even the playing field so experienced players wouldn't know when and where things spawn.
They wanted each match to play differently, to be dynamic.

Global Ordnance accomplished NONE of this. What you get instead is this random clusterfuck of no one knows whats going on. Sometimes the HUD won't glitch out and tell you that rockets spawned across the map. But no one was prepared for this. Sometimes they'll spawn much closer to someone else.

Experienced players don't know whats going on
and new players don't know whats going on

Its sloppy and baffling it was even implemented.

This. If everyone got a 15-20 seconds heads-up beforehand, a battle for the position could ensue (similar to invasion slayer in reach) and the better team would get the weapon.
This would work really well, I think.

Dat objective. Looks good, but the seeing a guy using rockets get killed by another rocket wielder made me sad.
This is gonna be dominion, pt II: great idea, but so many power weapons that it's basically heavies all the time.

malfcn

Thought playing SpOps would make it easier to save a generator. Nope, everyone in Warthogs ignoring the generators. I was the only one defending.

Oh look, I got killed by an invisible camper with a shotgun that looks like a pistol which he spawns with. Oh I'm back instantly but I don't see the red X, Where the fuck is the red X?

I see Spartans flying and everyone has a power weapon, Swords, Shotguns and Saws everywhere.

I can see through walls now except for that guy who has a perk to prevent that. Now when I scope my shot is all over the place when I take fire, it was never like this before, oh there is a perk to stop that too.

Kinda sounds like you got into a modded Halo 2 match. :lol

rofl @ 4:41

Now that's just sad. :(

Excuse my saltyness, but why the hell is SpOps not downloadable? "Must Require Gold Membership to play Spartan Ops" ... I felt shitty after apologizing to a friend who used their Gold expecting to download it but to find out that it cannot be played offline.

FyreWulff

Well this is awkward.

The Halo 4 Gaming Side OT is now in Community.

Press Y to Dual Wield Community threads.

Excuse my saltyness, but why the hell is SpOps not downloadable? "Must Require Gold Membership to play Spartan Ops" ... I felt shitty after apologizing to a friend who used their Gold expecting to download it but to find out that it cannot be played offline.

It is. You can install it to your HDD (that's what Disc 2 does), but you can't play it without a Gold membership.

I don't think a single person actually agrees with that move.

Karate trophy is the best one to go celebrating with, because people will enjoy your success while simultaneously fearing your moves. Mac agrees.
alwaysunny-halloweenmac.gif

Paywalls, yay

FyreWulff

Well the Halo CE gametype wasn't on the Reach disc, this is.

It was patched into everyone's copies as of the TU, then sat on until Anniversary actually came out.

It was then never combined with Blood Gulch in matchmaking, and I can't see any other reason why beyond "because then people could play it in MM for free". You have a game entirely based around glorifying Halo 1 yet you can't play the map everyone remembers from Halo 1 in matchmaking under Halo 1 mode even though all the pieces are there to do it.

This would be like them patching a Halo 3 mode into 4 then never having Ragnarok playable with the Halo 3 gametype in matchmaking.

In short, Microsoft did a paywall before, they're doing it again, nothing is new.

edit: And they overtly did it in Wars by patching gametypes into the game then making people pay 10$ for just the gametypes.

Halo 4 just adds more salt because the gametype was displayed on the disc beforehand.

orznge

Banned
It was patched into everyone's copies as of the TU, then sat on until Anniversary actually came out.

It was then never combined with Blood Gulch in matchmaking, and I can't see any other reason why beyond "because then people could play it in MM for free". You have a game entirely based around glorifying Halo 1 yet you can't play the map everyone remembers from Halo 1 in matchmaking under Halo 1 mode even though all the pieces are there to do it.

This would be like them patching a Halo 3 mode into 4 then never having Ragnarok playable with the Halo 3 gametype in matchmaking.

In short, Microsoft did a paywall before, they're doing it again, nothing is new.

edit: And they overtly did it in Wars by patching gametypes into the game then making people pay 10$ for just the gametypes.

I'm not saying what they did before wasn't bad, this is a gametype that was on the disc and accessible from day one, and now it's introduction into matchmaking is paywalled. Much worse IMO.

My guess: 343 was in charge of 10 maps, Certain Affinity 9 (not including forge maps). Problem is, some of CA's turned out to be better than 343's in-house ones, so they scrambled everything up, resulting in the 10 shipped maps we have now being a mix, and some of 343's already-made ones were on the disc but got moved to DLC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, the Halo 4 OT and Halo OT13 are both on the community side now? How long is that gonna last?

FyreWulff

I'm not saying what they did before wasn't bad, this is a gametype that was on the disc and accessible from day one, and now it's introduction into matchmaking is paywalled. Much worse IMO.

It is, but all anyone can do to send a message is not buy the maps until Extraction becomes DLC-optional. They're not going to actually listen, see also: the response to everyone's requests to get Squad Slayer back.

It is. You can install it to your HDD (that's what Disc 2 does), but you can't play it without a Gold membership.

I don't think a single person actually agrees with that move.
And with this I paid to play only the Campaign.
While disc 2 is also free via XBL.
So Fucking Shady.
Again, excuse my salty mood. :/

Anyone know how I can get a high res or decent size image of my Halo 4 emblem? I've been trying to find one on waypoint but it's either obstructed when at a good size or tiny.

Edit: fuck me last post of the page

It is, but all anyone can do to send a message is not buy the maps until Extraction becomes DLC-optional. They're not going to actually listen, see also: the response to everyone's requests to get Squad Slayer back.

Don't really have much interest in the maps, but I'm very interested in Extraction.

Rotten business practice.

Hey I want to use my emblem for my avatar. Anyone know how I can get a high res or decent size image of my Halo 4 emblem? I've been trying to find one on waypoint but it's either obstructed when at a good size or tiny.

Wait, what's extraction?

Are they keeping a gametype exclusive to the DLC maps?

Wu posted that the Extraction and the new maps will be available to the general public tomorrow. Is that a typo? I thought it was out on the 11th.

TCKaos

Lag Motion Cannon.

tl;dr: Guy fires a scorpion, the shell hits a teammate and detonates, two enemies half the map away on top of a base get killed by invisible force that appears to be the scorpion shell.

I'm going to science something. Update in a second.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Lag Motion Cannon.

tl;dr: Guy fires a scorpion, the shell hits a teammate and detonates, two enemies half the map away on top of a base get killed by invisible force that appears to be the scorpion shell.

I think I know exactly what you're sciencing based on that vid, and I will laugh my ass off if it tests true.

TCKaos

I think I know exactly what you're sciencing based on that vid, and I will laugh my ass off if it tests true.

It's not true, unless you're using a sniper rifle. It won't show the bullet hitting your teammate, but it will show it hitting the enemy. Otherwise everything appears to work as intended.

FyreWulff

Lag Motion Cannon.

Bullet only hit his teammates on his box, the host saw it miss them and continued the simulation. The tank's client didn't catch up until the host notified his box that those players were dead.

If you were to pull everyone's films from the game, quite a few of them would have shown the shell making the full travel.

Same reason in previous games where you'd throw a grenade past someone then it suddenly reverses direction and sticks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom