• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy's>Burger King>Hardees>Dairy Queen>McDonald's>Taco Bell

Harvey's > All

Its not even a competition when you have this series:
Harveys_GreatCanadian.jpg

Canada does fast food right.

I get those after a morning gym session every once in a while. I get them without egg cause McDonald's egg looks like a sauteed placenta. They're good. As long as you don't think about what you're eating.

What? Its just an egg cracked onto the pan in a metal mold.

kylej

Banned
not really surprised by formal. Reach is a better Halo game than Halo 4 when you play it with MLG settings. "great core gameplay hidden beneath the new mechanics" can blow me. with the next map pack being gross brown Certain Affinity outsourced monstrosities it's probably better to cut losses and go back to Reach if you're still interested in Halo

I can't believe I'm saying this but Reach is a better game than 4. I try so hard to like 4 but I get annoyed every time I play a handful of games.

Bojangles.

Bojangles and Chik-fil-a are one hit wonders. Sweet Tea n Chicken. Its a southern thing.

Wasn't impressed by either to be honest.

If they were so great they'd come up North a lot quicker than they are, I have to go 50 minutes from Buffalo to get to a Chik-fil-a.

Yea if I decide to stop playing H4 I'll probably put my XBL subscription on hold until Destiny gets close. Play some CE/H2 on Xbconnect and good single player games until then.

For an abomination you played almost 3,000 games. Your game count for Perfect Dark Zero must be in the 6 digit range.

Actually I probably only personally played maybe half of those - I really didn't care for Reach and it was the only game I left out with my xbox for family + friends to play when I wasnt about. During the few years Reach was out I was all about Black Ops and didnt let anyone touch my stats and stuff on that. Reach was like the only game I didn't care about if people screwed around with the game save and stuff. If Halo 4 is good for anything, its for the fact that I can treat it in the same way.

Reach might have entertained my family who know no better, but I still consider it an abomination. Hell you can ask people like Xand and Elzar, even when I did play I pretty much lost interest halfway through most games and stopped playing lol.

I am actually going to try it now - I am very curious how I feel about it after having Halo 4.

Fracas

#fuckonami
As a whole, I'm really not sure what I prefer between Reach and Halo 4.

I don't really care for either of them, to be honest. There's a better game underneath the trash in 4, but all that nonsense is so integral to the game that I don't ever see it being removed or altered in a significant way. And that's okay; it's 343's idea of what Halo should be, and I understand I'm in the vocal minority here.

Homeboyd

Bojangles and Chik-fil-a are one hit wonders. Sweet Tea n Chicken. Its a southern thing.

Wasn't impressed by either to be honest.

If they were so great they'd come up North a lot quicker than they are, I have to go 50 minutes from Buffalo to get to a Chik-fil-a.
Chikfila won't sell you a franchise as easily as others will. They make first time owners WORK in the restaurant for a year. Even still, they tell you where you can put them.

Love Chikfila and Wendy's.

What is going on in this thread.

Chicken Tenders with Buffalo Sauce is good. Also have good fries when fresh but BK is 50/50 on quality control (Guess this depends on location but the ones by me at least)

My man. Chicken tender combo with a side order of value onion rings for the zesty sauce is surprisingly cheap and delicious.

I ate at Wendys when I was in a time crunch a few weeks ago. It had vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors and all sorts of fancy shit. The food was damn good too. Better than McD and BK imo. Too bad all that salt makes you feel disgusting.

going meta? :lol

Official tier of "fast food" around here: (keep in mind we don't have In N' Out or Jack In The Box or anything)
Five Guys = Chick Fil A = Burger King Fries and Zesty Sauce > Wendy's > Taco Bell > McDonald's > Burger King >>>>>>>>>> Reach Sonic

Taco Bell is good when you stick to fresco, quesadillas, and sub steak on everything. "OH MY GOD I LICKED A CHIP AND HAD SONIC DIARHHEA FOR THREE MONTHS TUMMY AM CRY" is just GAF hyperbole, as usual. Crunchwrap supremes are alright without beef every once in a while considering Taco Bell beef is utter shit.

Burger King fries are S-tier, though. Moreso than even Five Guys or Chick Fil A. You have to get into actual sit down restaurant territory to beat Burger King's fries at a restaurant, otherwise it's the Boltshot of the fast food fry world.

not really surprised by formal. Reach is a better Halo game than Halo 4 when you play it with MLG settings. "great core gameplay hidden beneath the new mechanics" can blow me. with the next map pack being gross brown Certain Affinity outsourced monstrosities it's probably better to cut losses and go back to Reach if you're still interested in Halo

Can't disagree about the new maps being underwhelming, but out of curiosity do we know for sure if CA made them?

Omni

lol, I can't believe people are nostalgic for Halo: Reach, good christ almighty.

There are those who said this day would never come...

What have they to say now?

Reach was a total clusterfuck. I'd be surprised if I ever put that disc back in my Xbox.

My man. Chicken tender combo with a side order of value onion rings for the zesty sauce is surprisingly cheap and delicious.

going meta? :lol

Official tier of "fast food" around here: (keep in mind we don't have In N' Out or Jack In The Box or anything)
Five Guys = Chick Fil A = Burger King Fries and Zesty Sauce > Wendy's > Taco Bell > McDonald's > Burger King >>>>>>>>>> Reach Sonic

Taco Bell is good when you stick to fresco, quesadillas, and sub steak on everything. "OH MY GOD I LICKED A CHIP AND HAD SONIC DIARHHEA FOR THREE MONTHS TUMMY AM CRY" is just GAF hyperbole, as usual. Crunchwrap supremes are alright without beef every once in a while considering Taco Bell beef is utter shit.

Burger King fries are S-tier, though. Moreso than even Five Guys or Chick Fil A. You have to get into actual sit down restaurant territory to beat Burger King's fries at a restaurant, otherwise it's the Boltshot of the fast food fry world.

Man you sold the shit out of those fries. Now I need to try them again. Hope there's zesty sauce in Canada.

I like this discussion, except for the fact that its -2 out and my only fast food options here are Hardee's, Taco Johns, and the Golden Arches. Ugh...

You can work with McDonald's. Their Angus burgers are delicious, with baked apple pie and mocha from mccafe to warm you up.

If you want cheap, grab a Jr chicken and a cheeseburger and put on inside the other.

This conversation is one of the few times I'm glad I live at college, where lunch every day is fast food. Taco Bell, Chik-fil-A, Pizza Hut, and Burger King. Every. Day.

Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme, Pizza Hut Chicken Alfredo Pasta, BK Wisconsin Whopper, and CKFA 4 piece strips w/waffle fries and Chik-Fil-A dipping sauce are all absolute god-tier.

choosing to eat at taco ball is the equivalent of choosing to beat off to erotic text stories.

Open your eyes bro. The steak quesadillas are like finding the one pop-up picture book in the erotic text store and jerking off at the cash register.

I actually like Chipotle way more because of the fresher ingredients and rice and shit but our closest one is like two hours away.

Dominion it's a nonsense piece of shit, Invasion was better.

No, the idea behind Dominion is actually better than Invasion (see also: Unreal Tournament's Domination mode or whatever it was called).
The maps are meh, armor abilities are bullshit, vehicles are made out of wet paper and the load of power weapons is stupid.
If those things could be fixed, Dominion would be a winner.

Completely OT but I just convinced my 56 years old dad to post one of his motorbike vids, he actually captures and edit them himself so it'd be nice if you guys gave the vid some views, he´ll really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCaUg1ceues

He likes Timbaland.
Watched & liked the vid. Your dad is a cool guy.
Music is shit though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Asking a few of my buds how they felt about Blops2 compared to Halo 4, went on this mini rant;

I'm questioning Halo 4 in particular, though.

Much of this is removed with the "Random" ordinance system.
Instances of game breaking, time ruining ordinances;

1. Having Rockets spawn Twice infront of my own base, along with sniper, during a single game of CTF
2. Enemy Teams being rewarded heavily with Power Weapons in Infinity Slayer
3. Enemy Teams being rewarded heavily with Snipers, in particular, during games of Infinity Slayer

While Team Regicide fixes issues like this with smaller maps and the removal of personal ordinance, 343 has limited the amount of hoppers that give us this flavor of 'classic halo'. This flavor, though, still has the potential to be ruined by Custom Classes. The Bolt Shot in particular is what I'm talking about, as players are now spawning with Mini Shotguns.

As for gameplay variety, I feel 343 went about the Custom Class system in a bad way too. I recall an interview with a Multiplayer Designer talking about how each team should have at least one person spawning with Stickies and Plasmas. The issue is that EVERYONE can do this now. Tanks are rendered near useless, Default Warthogs are rendered completely useless, and don't forget the fact that Banshees can still be taken down with Snipers and DMRs. The variety of infantry to vehicle combat has been completely destroyed. In all honesty, the only vehicle that you can have constant success with is the Gauss Hog, and that's only if you play Extraordinarily cautiously, staying to one side of the map and having your gunner snipe enemies from afar.

I feel Blops2 has worked out many of the kinks present in past COD iterations in terms of Weapon balance, especially with the change of Weapon Altering "perks" now being attachments and player base traits being confined to perks and broken up into multiple color categories. While more attention has been given to personal customization, this game is dominated by Teamwork and cohesive map control.

While there are still some issues (The new MultiTeam mode needs work, for sure), There are just many areas of the game that completely blow 343 out of the water.

Last I would like to point out- I was able to put the disk in, join a party, and find a game in under 3 minutes last night. This is not only the fastest I've been connected to a multiplayer game (ever), but It's the best COD has ever performed within two weeks of launch!

Don't mistake my analysis for complaining. I'm just pointing out flaws that have dampened the Halo experience and changes that are giving COD even more dominance in the FPS arena.

orznge

Banned

play Halo PC or Custom Edition

Shadders

I've only been to Taco Bell once (there's only about three of them in England, I think), it was alright. No Barburrito, but not offensive.

Has anyone tried UK and US Taco Bell, is ours different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom