• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Well besides Prometheans being unable to be infected by the Flood, they're obviously going to return. The Forerunner weapons and how they dissolve enemies is foreshadowing it and Frankie has given strong hints.

I wouldn't mind the Flood returning if they look at CE. The Flood in Halo 2 & 3 were a joke.

I'm sorry while I love the flood in Halo 1 I think Halo 2 had the better flood to be honest. I loved how they dodged around a lot more. Sure they were weaker but damn they were like a squirrel on crack. I loved it. Ideally I'd like a cross between Halo 1 and 2's flood. I liked the toughness of those in Halo 1 but that AI in 2 was a lot better.

http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image/destiny%20splash%20PSU.jpg

OMG. Is that real? I so hope so. I have a new Wallpaper if so. Also PS3 very visable there. Course we knew it was coming to PS3 but still that is awesome. Now to pick which version to get. lol

He will be missed.

Welcome back Mr Stinkles.

Havok

Can't believe I didn't know that Adrift had Random Drop points with rocket launchers as a possibility until today. Four of them. I had never seen them pop up before, then just now the enemy team in a CTF game got two in a row, dropped right on their side of the map. We got jack shit. If they hadn't been totally incompetent, they would have had two easy caps. Global ordnance frustrates me.

Are you going to do really bad sketches of armor in MSpaint and label them 343 armor sketches?

No.

ibqM1mNHz4NwE9.png
It's a joke so don't get mad pls k thx

Ninja is hype right now. And Sudds suck as always.

People have been thirsty for good Halo. Perhaps soon they will have a playable game once 343 gets on that Options patch TU.

Haha Slt just batmaned the crap out of H4 cover.

Also just noticed the updated OP post. Goofy stuff in there.

Shadders

Took a little break from Halo over Christmas and New Year, returned tonight and had a blast. I'd been getting a bit fed up with it at the back end of last year, but whatever the problem, it seems I've gotten it out of my system.

Maybe some of you lot who are still down on it should give it another try?

Took a little break from Halo over Christmas and New Year, returned tonight and had a blast. I'd been getting a bit fed up with it at the back end of last year, but whatever the problem, it seems I've gotten it out of my system.

Maybe some of you lot who are still down on it should give it another try?

It's always more fun with friends/players from your local area. For me I found connection quality is often the most important factor to enjoying the game followed closely by friends to play games with.

Personally I found over the last month particularly that JiP and connection quality has improved in matchmaking. Sure it's not perfect but that's the reality of online gaming and available players/regions moreover than the game or netcode itself.

Shadders

Yup, played for 5 hours, only had one black screen and one noticeable moment of lag which lasted about 5 seconds. I'm usually very perceptive to lag and input delay, too.

Awesome video on what was cut in Halo 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo9TgzyipI

The Stasis thing was interesting, it's like a gun that shoots trait zones.

Bishop Rifle! I KNEW they were going for the Chess set at some point. I wonder if that is/was the Heavy class Promethean.

Can't believe I didn't know that Adrift had Random Drop points with rocket launchers as a possibility until today. Four of them. I had never seen them pop up before, then just now the enemy team in a CTF game got two in a row, dropped right on their side of the map. We got jack shit. If they hadn't been totally incompetent, they would have had two easy caps. Global ordnance frustrates me.

I noticed exactly this last night. I don't ever remember rockets dropping on that map. Sure it isn't a tweaked version of the map they silently swapped in? Weekly updates and all. If so, and they do end up showing up more often, that could be helpful for disrupting base turtling. I wish there were heatmaps on Waypoint.

Havok

I noticed exactly this last night. I don't ever remember rockets dropping on that map. Sure it isn't a tweaked version of the map they silently swapped in? Weekly updates and all. If so, and they do end up showing up more often, that could be helpful for disrupting base turtling. I wish there were heatmaps on Waypoint.
I looked in Forge, they're there on the disc variant, which isn't updated when the matchmaking variant is (we know this from the Complex exploit, which is still possible on the disc variant).

If they want to reduce the base turtling, make those rockets spawn in the center, not a random spot practically inside a base. Bestowing a divine gift onto one team and not the other because some dice roll decided one team was about to get fucked over just rubs me the wrong way.

malfcn

Checking out Dominion. Confused how power weapons start spawning. At one point a map was full of Incineration Canons and Binary Rifles. ???

I looked in Forge, they're there on the disc variant, which isn't updated when the matchmaking variant is (we know this from the Complex exploit, which is still possible on the disc variant).

If they want to reduce the base turtling, make those rockets spawn in the center, not a random spot practically inside a base. Bestowing a divine gift onto one team and not the other because some dice roll decided one team was about to get fucked over just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, I figured as much. That's why I would like to see the heatmaps, because I don't know some times if something's just an extremely effective tactic, or if it's just a problem with how my team is playing the map.

Checking out Dominion. Confused how power weapons start spawning. At one point a map was full of Incineration Canons and Binary Rifles. ???

When you successfully capture and hold a base, every 40 seconds or so a "resupply" drop occurs, which brings in power weapons.

Louis Wu

So I'm playing slayer on Wreckage, and my team is destroying the other team. (2 or 3 have left because they're unhappy with the drubbing.)

It's near the end of the game, and I hear someone on my team say "he's up on top, and he's got a railgun!" just before I see 3 separate "bad guy killed teammate x" messages.

But we're just two kills away from ending this thing. How hard could it be to end this?

http://files2.bungie.org/dv/getin_getout/

(I'm really sad that no medals show up, because it's theater. I'm actually surprised Steitzer's 'Next kill wins!' can be heard, to be honest.)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Where can I download all MLG gametypes/remakes/good maps?

Gonna try to get back into Halo 4 soon. Gotta justify dat LE purchase.

willow ve

You guys remember that one time that LSU didn't cross the 50 yard line?
So far this is worse than that.

And with the 5th pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select... Nick Sabin.
not my joke

Gotcha. What about disappearing? Ran up to a Sniper and it fizzled away in front of me.

I think when a new drop occurs, the drops that were there before fizzle out. Helps keep the amount of power weapons in rotation in check. Though I still think there's a bit too many.

--

Ghostayame deserves a lot of credit with those settings. That's some solid Halo, there. Can't wait for a playlist 343, as well as that TU ;)

So I'm playing slayer on Wreckage, and my team is destroying the other team. (2 or 3 have left because they're unhappy with the drubbing.)

It's near the end of the game, and I hear someone on my team say "he's up on top, and he's got a railgun!" just before I see 3 separate "bad guy killed teammate x" messages.

But we're just two kills away from ending this thing. How hard could it be to end this?

http://files2.bungie.org/dv/getin_getout/

(I'm really sad that no medals show up, because it's theater. I'm actually surprised Steitzer's 'Next kill wins!' can be heard, to be honest.)

See, I can just never get the hang of effectively using the Thruster Pack. I've tried and tried, and it just feels so useless to me. Then I get owned by someone using one, or I see clips like this and try again, before switching back to my trusty Hologram.

blamite

Gotcha. What about disappearing? Ran up to a Sniper and it fizzled away in front of me.

On the ground or in an ordnance drop? I don't think the base resupply ordnance is supposed to disappear, but I may be totally wrong. If it was on the ground, that's just the normal, ridiculously short despawn timer. I think it's something like 12 seconds.

IGN article link

Seems interesting to me, I'd speculate some possible features from this could be:

1. Home automation through your xbox, smartglass, mobile/tablet e.g control your home security, lighting etc.

2. In game streaming to other devices or web apps.

3. YouTube rendering from the stream.

4. Wii U style handheld screen features.

5. Remote gaming.

6. Gaming cloud services e.g. iCloud.

7. Xbox live spin off service similar to On Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom