• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

That makes no sense though. Why would an A.I. with a lifespan of 7 years, be talking about an event she wasn't really a part of 30 years later? Especially since Halsey was integral to Reach, and was present during the game?

The truth probably is, Bungie didn't think Halsey would be vilified the way she is and turn her into a scapegoat for some odd reason and put a hit out on her so they assumed in their vision of the future that with the war with the covenant ended, humanity rebuilds and Halsey would be front row helping humanity rebuild.

Where is it stated that Halsey was giving that speech 30 years later? Could have just been showing that Reach was now habitable that many years later and that speech was given many years earlier. How old would Halsey be then anyway?

That makes no sense though. Why would an A.I. with a lifespan of 7 years, be talking about an event she wasn't really a part of 30 years later? Especially since Halsey was integral to Reach, and was present during the game?

The truth probably is, Bungie didn't think Halsey would be vilified the way she is and turn her into a scapegoat for some odd reason and put a hit out on her so they assumed in their vision of the future that with the war with the covenant ended, humanity rebuilds and Halsey would be front row helping humanity rebuild.

mass-effect-3-extended-cut-screenshot-05-refusal-liara.jpg

Maybe she have a new construct or something, maybe is Halsey herself. its too early to know what will happen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing with SWAT with three middle schoolers and they all voted for Complex.

Duji

No way Duji? There was a tournament at SFU? For current students or alumni too? I would've driven my ass up the mountain for a chance to win.
Hahaha yep. They said it was for students only. Not sure about alumni. You should've come ;). Everyone there was either super rusty or never even played Halo.

Moa

Where is it stated that Halsey was giving that speech 30 years later? Could have just been showing that Reach was now habitable that many years later and that speech was given many years earlier. How old would Halsey be then anyway?

97 years old.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Complex might just be the worst Halo map imo. Absolutely horrid. It's literally just a giant ass empty void with a couple buildings. Feels like it was an unused campaign space.

Or you know, maybe Halsey narrating the end of Reach doesn't actually mean anything. Maybe Bungie thought it would be a nice touch to have a familiar character reading the text instead of a random person.

Petrichor

Complex might just be the worst Halo map imo. Absolutely horrid. It's literally just a giant ass empty void with a couple buildings. Feels like it was an unused campaign space.

I can't stand complex - but I maintain that Halo 4's base set of maps are still infinitely superior to those in Halo 3. There wasn't anything as good as haven or exile in Halo 3 at launch, not by a long shot.

heckfu

Banned
Abandon is underrated. Has better landmarks than just about every map in the game.

The presence of callouts makes it better but it still plays like garbage a lot of times. Booties and I played last night on it twice I think and it just wasn't a ton of fun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The presence of callouts makes it better but it still plays like garbage a lot of times. Booties and I played last night on it twice I think and it just wasn't a ton of fun.

In Pro or Infinity? I would say it should be a no radar map only.

Silentium comes out on March 19th.
Thanks Hyper.
New Overview
Greg Bear presents Halo: Silentium ($25.99). In the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood — a horrifying shape-changing parasite — has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses. Too little, too late, the legal rate of Juridicals is only now investigating possible crimes by the Master Builder and others. Evidence-gathering agents known collectively as Catalog have been dispatched to collect testimony from the Librarian and both Didacts: the Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system, and the Bornstellar Didact, who accompanies the Librarian as she preserves specimens against the dire possibility of Halo extermination.
Source

Fotos

I think that's more than a bit of a stretch.

As soon as I saw the pic thats what I thought of. The platform structure in the middle and the big door in the back are similar.

There is tons of inspiration taken from Halo 2's level design. Wish they took more of Halo 3.
Just remembered that the gondola in Shutdown is the exact same design as the gondola in Halo 2. I thought that was pretty cool. But yeah I wish they took more inspiration from Halo 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh we did the vote baiting for pro only, I almost refuse to play infinity doubles! We got jip'd into two infinity doubles games on Haven and got the D realllll bad.

Ahh ok

Whatever, man. That guy got a kill, why you so mad?

The version in doubles is 10x better than matchmaking, even if only for the symmetric spawns and weapons on map, but IS on it will always be terrible.

Yea it is.

I'm so out of my competitive groove, it sucks. I've been getting my ass kicked which I'm not used to lol. I'll get back in the swing of things for Throwdown though.

Top Bottom