• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If you're agreeing, then I don't see the other points you tried to make. Are you seriously advocating that we should assume our opponents are stupid because (in your experience) that's often the case? You're literally not making a case with that derailment, man.

Ah, no, not asking you to assume that. Honestly my posts were merely commentary on my observations while playing BTB alone. I wasn't trying to make any stand, or prove that AAs are good. I think it all stemmed from me noting that the majority of the time I find AAs less intrusive in BTB than other playlists.

Don't mind me, I just needed a mind dump.

I'll be on tonight from about 7CST to about 11CST for those who want to play.

320px-Halo_Mongoose_End.jpg

Fate had us meet as foes...

So I was watching the new Nostalgia Critic episode and the part at 11:57 kind of reminded me of Halo 4's focus group stuff on wanting to make it more "accessible" and why focus groups are the worst thing in the world for anything in general.
Focus groups are completely bizarre. Not sure how it is in the game industry, but for movies, a focus group will give notes on a film, a studio will pressure the filmmakers to change based on the notes, and then the film is re-screened to a completely different focus group (because opinions are all the same), which is just upper-stratosphere levels of stupid.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Focus groups are completely bizarre. Not sure how it is in the game industry, but for movies, a focus group will give notes on a film, a studio will pressure the filmmakers to change based on the notes, and then the film is re-screened to a completely different focus group (because opinions are all the same), which is just upper-stratosphere levels of stupid.

I graduated with a degree in Marketing and I still have yet to understand why focus groups are listened to as 100% truth. I get why they are used, of course, and they do work occasionally but in the gaming industry focus groups seem to kill creativity and change quicker than just about anything else.

Ah, no, not asking you to assume that. Honestly my posts were merely commentary on my observations while playing BTB alone. I wasn't trying to make any stand, or prove that AAs are good. I think it all stemmed from me noting that the majority of the time I find AAs less intrusive in BTB than other playlists.

Don't mind me, I just needed a mind dump.

I'll be on tonight from about 7CST to about 11CST for those who want to play.

Me and Xand are in Castle DLC right now if anyone wants in.

gAg CruSh3r

Random thought but... What if they made Halo 2 HD remake and had Halo 2 MP map pack with it for Halo 4. With all that being done since 343i has the ability to tweak each weapon. They made all of the weapons in Halo 4 into Halo 2 ( BR being 4 shot). Made it so sprint is turned off and put this all into a separate playlist. So people can play Halo 2(4) online! o_O... That would be awesome...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think it'd be easier just to have Halo 2 MP on the Anniversary disc as a separate thing. We don't want to get into the 500 different settings issue Reach ran into. :p

Disclaimer: I'd play Halo 2 Anniversary MP ALL THE TIME.

Random thought but... What if they made Halo 2 HD remake and had Halo 2 MP map pack with it for Halo 4. With all that being done since 343i has the ability to tweak each weapon. They made all of the weapons in Halo 4 into Halo 2 ( BR being 4 shot). Made it so sprint is turned off and put this all into a separate playlist. So people can play Halo 2(4) online! o_O... That would be awesome...

Nah I just want Halo 2.

IHaveIce

Banned
No fuck that shit give me the original multiplayer.

If anyone wants to play, send me a message.

Would be the most obvious course to take alongside "Legendary Slayer". But people want to play H2, not H2 in H4.

Focus groups need to die in a pit of fire. Be confident in yo game.

I'm beginning to think that companies use "it was successful in focus groups" as excuses to make it seem like it was not entirely their fault and there actually isn't any real data to support their decesions that aren't favorable by their consumers.

CyReN

I want to go to Pax when something Halo is for sure, I'm afraid of seeing Kinect Sports 720 this year.

Plane tickets are $480:(

I want to go to Pax when something Halo is for sure, I'm afraid of seeing Kinect Sports 720 this year.

From IN the US. Poor Zeouterlimits.

I am totally jealous of Zeo and at the same time so totally glad that he is going to go.

Wait a second. I'd be 18 by the time this PAX rolls around, huh?

If only I had the money. Plane tickets from Florida to Seattle? nope.mp5

Just checked for me for shits and giggles. Cheapest fare (with 2+ stops in Economy) is $468 from ELP to SEA. Add in travel time to and from El Paso and it's basically $500+ (gotta pay parking for almost a week).

PAX, eh? I'll be there.

Step 1: Infiltrate window-washing company in Bellevue.
Step 2: Use water-balloon slingshot to smear peanut butter all over Bungie's windows.
Step 3: Enjoy spying over Urk's shoulder through window while snacking on delicious peanut butter.

Well my queue for pax hasn't changed and I have to leave. Really wanted to go for my first time this year. sigh...

Look on gaf in a couple weeks. That's how I got extra badges for PAX East(friends wanted to go), and I didn't have to pay the insane ebay prices.

edit: top played XBL games for April 8th

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Halo 4
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Battlefield 3
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  9. Skyrim
  10. GTA IV
  11. Modern Warfare 2
  12. Gears of War: Judgment
  13. Borderlands 2
  14. EA SPORTS NHL 13
  15. BioShock Infinite
  16. Halo: Reach
  17. Gears of War 3
  18. Terraria – Xbox 360 Edition
  19. Madden NFL 13
  20. Forza Motorsport 4

Madness

I wonder how challenging this new Zelda game will be. I was a little kid and I completely did everything there was to in the game. Link to the Past is perhaps my favorite game of all time with Ocarina just behind it.

It's funny seeing people say Ocarina of Time is too hard these days. There's a whole generation of gamers who beat it as kids/teens/young adults without any walkthrough videos, tips etc.

Anyone think there is going to be a redesign planned for the 3DS? I'm tempted to get one now.

Imagine if Forge Island looked like this:

SO_Apex_2.png

ch-42.png

SO_Apex_4.png

Simply amazing. They really oughta dedicate these resources to more replayable parts of the game like MP and Forge.

Rev3rb

Would any of you be interested in a team comparison quickcsr addon?
It would be at a sub-domain like: team.quickcsr.com

Just wanna know before I jump into implementing it.

Also, if you have any ideas you think would be cool, I can try to add them as well!

No, heckfu is not a 40

Ghazi

Anyone think there is going to be a redesign planned for the 3DS? I'm tempted to get one now.
I don't think there'll be one, maybe only making the OG 3DS more like the XL if they ever do one (which I doubt). I was on the line as well but if you get one you HAVE to get the XL because it's IMO a million times better than the OG.

Also, if you have any ideas you think would be cool, I can try to add them as well!

No, heckfu is not a 40
Of course a group of BK Randy's from IS would have 4-20's

Holla, Holla, get dolla

No, heckfu is not a 40

Will you stop saving Halo already? It's getting so annoying.

you mean actually use forerunner structures instead of grey legos? Heresy!

I'm fine with the grey LEGO though since I know my way around it. It's the bland environment that makes them look uninteresting though.

But yes, if we could place those structures on that kind of terrain, I don't think I'd ever stop forging.

I'm seriously considering just making maps in Custom Edition. Or at least, I'll make a portfolio of a map concept and pitch it to somebody to do it. Who knows, maybe 343 will even like it. These Forerunner stuff are just amazing and I don't think their scale is being fully realized in MP.

Apex is just... ugh. That's the only Spops mission I could go back and replay 10k times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom