• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife hates playing online with me haha.

Have fun with it. For instance, we convinced my gf that if you shoot at the base walls on Hemorrhage, it brings down it's health and it'll eventually blow up. She shot rockets and everything at it. Still believes that's effective too.

We do things like this for every game she plays. Poor thing.

Gui_PT

That's why I don't even have a girlfriend. She'd just get in the way of my gaming.

It's best this way, right guys?

Haha right?

At this point I'm not sure if HaloGAF is anti-343, anti-Bungie, or just anti-Halo.

It's not anything of the sort. It's just a collection of people with a passion for Halo: a Halo community.

I'm anti-bad decisions. Anyone at any any company is capable of making bad decisions.

Pretty much this too.

This place is falling apart.

We need to stop this portrayal that this community is any different than it always is. With that mentality, negativity wins.

kylej

Banned
i'mma play the album cut of Pictures of You in honor of our fallen halogaf comrades today. i'll see you all tomorrow morning

Duji

This place sucks. I'm out for a while, you know how to reach me.

Same stuff as Wu. It's just not worth posting here anymore. If you aren't circle-jerking to the hate your posts are meaningless. And this isn't an argument over whether who is right or not, I just feel that my posts are disregarded because they don't fit in with the current thread 'standard'.

No clue where you got that idea from, but bye anyway.

reggie

Banned
Have to love all these "Halo fans" coming out of the woodwork in gaming side. I bet you none of these people play Halo 4 on a regular basis any more.

DeadNames

Banned
wait, people who work for 343 hate halo?!

what the fuck. I can't decide if that's funny as hell or sad.

so much for being a tightly knit team.

Booshka

No reach tonight gf night. Unless she falls asleep early n I'm allowed in .

I read it this way and laughed way too hard.

Bit drunk. Whenever I read girlfriend and Halo in the same sentence I just start busting up laughing with images of T2 gaming hard and his gf laying down bored as fuck on his bed on that True Life episode. At least that was back when Halo was worth ignoring girlfriends for.

So when the Castle mappack info revealed that they were making 3 more BTB maps despite there already being plenty large maps and fans wanting small maps, we were upset right? And then on that same day, Josh Holmes tweets pictures of salt and babies crying right?

I'm not imagining that this all occurred right?

Korosenai

So when the Castle mappack info revealed that they were making 3 more BTB maps despite there already being plenty large maps and fans wanting small maps, we were upset right? And then on that same day, Josh Holmes tweets pictures of salt and babies crying right?

Am not imagining that this all occurred right?
I vaguely remember that as well.

My 3 year old brother is trying to play Halo. With Bandanna, Legacy, and Auto Centering on Easy, he's managed to betray all of his allies on Silent Cartographer and commit suicide half a dozen times. Also, apparently Grunts are crocodiles.

Next Pistola guys - calling it.

I'm not imagining that this all occurred right?

lmao if true.

Booshka

juices and tunavi are the same person confirmed.

hire tunajuices

images

Tuna Juice eh

DeadNames

Banned
My 3 year old brother is trying to play Halo. With Bandanna, Legacy, and Auto Centering on Easy, he's managed to betray all of his allies on Silent Cartographer and commit suicide half a dozen times. Also, apparently Grunts are crocodiles.

Next Pistola guys - calling it.

That's too hard dude. It's gotta drop down some random power weapons and stuff, because after all, that's fun, right?

That's too hard dude. It's gotta drop down some random power weapons and stuff, because after all, that's fun, right?

Yea it's not accessible enough. He needs waypoints on at all times and he shouldn't be able to take damage from grenades. It'd also help if there was a lock-on feature like Section 8 so he'd be able to stay on an enemy if he accidentally aimed at the grass.

Caja 117

After playing Gears of War judgement Campaign and multiplayer, i really feel happy about Halo 4 and 343 as the developer, GoW J was just a depressing experience.

I'm optimistic that 343 can help better MP, fixing it with tweaks, and any further steps to bring the classic feel to it back (not referring to Legendary Slayer) but not the way we hope for it to be. It's evident through the very recent Podcast Interview with 343 & HaloGAF that they will not fully listen and consider all the important feedback to fix MP the way Juices, BigShow, Kyle, Henry, and whosoever else I forget to add that have posted good thorough constructive critism about Halo 4 b'cuz it conflicts with their "Vision & Philosophy".

Not stating developers should completely listen and do every bit of detail that is introduced to them. I'm just saying that the evidence & data is right in front of them. The population decline. Constant outsourcing. The community feedback that actually wants the classic halo feel to MP, more in-game features, etc. etc. This is all politics that they're dealing with and it must be hell trying to finish this game and further pleasing people up until now. What a Mantle of responsibility. Like a few others have said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They have mentioned several times that they are taking all their mistakes into account. That's great. Nothing wrong admitting that so long as they move forward and bettering the franchise.

Ramirez

This place sucks. I'm out for a while, you know how to reach me.

Same stuff as Wu. It's just not worth posting here anymore. If you aren't circle-jerking to the hate your posts are meaningless. And this isn't an argument over whether who is right or not, I just feel that my posts are disregarded because they don't fit in with the current thread 'standard'.

You know you've lost when even Fracas shits on you.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Y'know I sorta had this discussion with some of you last night on Reach. As a rabid Reach fan (yeah, I know) I definitely remember feeling like the oddball who actually liked the game while everyone was busy bashing the very obvious issues of the game.

And now I see nothing but continual bashing of Halo 4 in a very similar manner, which is fine. The game does have serious glaring issues, but is there nothing worthwhile within this game? I feel like many of the new additions could still be utilized in future Halo games, as long as they were reworked. Things such as sprint aren't terrible and would jetpack really be so atrocious if it was an on map pick up such as rockets or equipment?

Or take Loadouts for instance. If all secondaries were magnums and the PP and Boltshot were simple on map pickups the game would play quite differently and frankly a little more "classic halo." Sure perks aren't exactly the best but if they were relegated to a social slayer mode (which is what infinity would have been perfect at) it would still leave room for a very serious ranked Team slayer as well.

And other things as simple as maps could just use just a little more thought. Maps like Abandon and Sword Base aren't the easiest sell on team modes but in FFA or multi team? It's much harder to hold those top positions if you don't have a full team. Certain maps are only good for certain modes and should be made accordingly.

Sorry about the rant guys I do feel like Halo 4 needs a lot of work just like the rest of you. But looking back on Reach I have to imagine there will be some things in future games that we may have and enjoy that originated in Halo 4. Like many of you have said, it's a diamond in the rough (or a diamond covered in shit) but that doesn't mean 343 isn't hopefully learning lessons and that 5 won't be a better game because of it.

But then again, I'm becoming used to my opinions being the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom