• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

Okay, I haven't been on Waypoint since pre-Halo 4 launch. How do you download something from someone's fileshare? This website is such a cluster fuck

Use this link, and just fill in the gamertag (in the left searchbox, just above the filter) of the person where you want to download from.

Edit: The above only works for "tags" not for gamertags.

If you want to search on gamertag you need to type in the gamertag in the top-left searchbox. When you get the results you can click on "view fileshare" on the underside of the spartan-card. I agree that it isn't the smartest way to design a website.

quote this post and reply if you're in the US and want a copy of injustice for 360. game is dumb. i'll pick someone at random.

Hey folks, Unknown wins the drawing! Send me your info and I'll get it out later this week.

I'll be sending out other games this week like Dishonored and others.
Damn, this is what I get for not following the thread all weekend. Demo was fun. >shrug<

DeadNames

Banned
LTTP, but Monster is freaking nasty. Tastes like carbonated milk mixed with cat tears or something.

LOL @ those sudds videos. How old are they?

kylej

Banned
ibgBmYpufImKY5.gif

When are we getting more Forge maps in matchmaking? I'm getting tired of "king of the ridge" on Settler.
It's bad news when any dev gets their hands on Forge. Foundry, Smashed, Settler, Cage/Uncaged, Cliffhanger; they even managed to not get Sanctuary right. Impact is barely okay and is better than some of the default H4 maps, but that's no compliment. Sandbox gets a pass because of the Choppers

Best leave it to the amateurs.

But I'm looking forward to more maps in 4v4, because there are far too many people who don't have DLC and Abandon, Solace, and Adrift completely suck.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's bad news when any dev gets their hands on Forge. Foundry, Smashed, Settler, Cage/Uncaged, Cliffhanger; they even managed to not get Sanctuary right. Impact is barely okay and is better than some of the default H4 maps, but that's no compliment. Sandbox gets a pass because of the Choppers

The best thing about Asylum is this gap which you could snipe people in blue base through:
u3WG2l.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No way. That map is awfuler than the other awful maps

No way, it's not that bad. I just get tired of playing it a ton. I like the fact that it at least has a choke point, (the ridge) something missing on most maps in Halo 4.

Is Settler good? I haven't played H4 in a while and was wondering what people thought of it.

It's alright. I like it better than any previous forge maps, but there should be better coming. If the other team gets the hill you have problems though.

Gui_PT

No way, it's not that bad. I just get tired of playing it a ton. I like the fact that it at least has a choke point, (the ridge) something missing on most maps in Halo 4.

It's alright. I like it better than any previous forge maps, but there should be better coming. If the other team gets the hill you have problems though.

Problem is if you control that ridge, you can see 90% of spawn points on the map AND you have great cover.

Awful.

The best thing about Asylum is this gap which you could snipe people in blue base through:
u3WG2l.jpg
I remember finding this out from Theater after losing a close game. Good stuff.

Why do people vote for Settler?
Because it's stupidly easy to abuse. Get 'hog up to ridge on enemy side, blow it up. Force enemy idiots to jump over 'hog carcass if they want to take ridge, enjoy k/d stat padding.

Cliffhanger;

I actually enjoyed this map on Slayer Pro. :/ Jetpacks broke the shit out of it though.

EDIT: Also, fuck Settler. Even if you hold the ridge, one team (blue I think) will actually spawn on the damn thing while the other gets a stupid cave. You can lose ridge control for quite literally no reason. Only thing the map is good for is farming Mounted Turret commendations.

Duji

This. fucking. map.

I actually enjoyed this map on Slayer Pro. :/ Jetpacks broke the shit out of it though.
I got my only perfection in Reach (yeah, laugh it up) on Cliffhanger. It has a place in my heart, but there were too many things going against it for me to really like it. Plus there was that lovely spot in one of the corners where camo/sniper could hide out and rack up kills.

I got my only perfection in Reach (yeah, laugh it up) on Cliffhanger. It has a place in my heart, but there were too many things going against it for me to really like it. Plus there was that lovely spot in one of the corners where camo/sniper could hide out and rack up kills.

Yeah - Slayer Pro man. Plus, most of the spawns weren't outrageously dynamic so you could take over the other side of the map and the other team would actually have to fight their way out instead of just spawning nice and safe at your base.

IHaveIce

Banned

But I'm looking forward to more maps in 4v4, because there are far too many people who don't have DLC and Abandon, Solace, and Adrift completely suck.

Yep, Reach was a perfect example how they just thought "Oh wow let's forge this map and not think about the gameplay in Reach" ... Pinnacle/Ascension was horrible with Jetpack and Camo, same for The Cage.

There are so many good forgers out there, developers don't seem to be part of them.

But I agree with Cyclone, while I hate Settler, I prefer playing it instead of Vortex. God is Vortex a pile of shit.

Fuchsdh

Can someone explain the sudds hate? Are they just IdrA style jackasses or something?

^That map looks sweet.
Edit: Waypoint in my phone is a more enjoyable and user-friendly experience by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom