• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also dislike the fact that each side has different weapon spawns.

Maybe it's a lack of sleep, but I believe that map has equal weapons for each base, as well as ~equal distance to banshee / rockets / ghost.

I'm actually looking forward to some new people though. This place needs it.
Spoiler:
he's not new

People actually play one of the Halo games now.

Spoiler:
they/we were playing the whole time

If they have a stealth PC version in the works (and why wouldn't they?) then it should be easy enough to convert it as both machines use x86 architecture.

They'd be crazy not to.

I can't see them not having PC versions of either, considering that they've became the definitive versions of the games (despite a rocky start with GTAIVs performance).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Currently testing 4v4 Forge Island maps. Send me what you got. If you made it, cool. If someone else made it, that's cool too.

Tawpgun

ah3u3i.gif
Crackdown 3 looks sick does it come with halo 5 beta!

If you are playing split-screen the details get reduced. Simple as that. Split-screen in Halo 4 is unplayable on most maps and leads to such frustrating experiences that you just want to set the disc on fire. This is LAN split-screen, imagine matchmaking.

Just because they screwed it up doesn't mean nobody cares about split screen. There is plenty of lag even on non standard matches so netcode is something they need to address. Let's not get them to drop another long time feature because they cant get it right.

I think they're going a bit too overboard with SRIV. GTAV seems to be taking the right steps coming from the turd that was GTAIV. Not too crazy, but still enough to keep things interesting.

We'll see how it goes though.

What's this from? Infamous? If so where can I find the full video.,

Here is the video.

EDIT: That dubstep gun is kinda funny though lol

I really did not enjoy SR3. It felt so .. soulless (for lack of a better word) It started out okay but about half way in missions became a slog and the story was blad and filled with comedy that didn't make me laugh and by the end of the game I was happy it was over. The last mission with the space stuff was diabolically bad.

Outside of that I feel that all the "go crazy in a city" stuff gets old fast.

GTA5 seems like its more what I want from a open world city game. Its a shame because I really enjoyed SR1 and SR2.

Different strokes I guess.

The super power stuff looks fun but I've been there done that with Crackdown, Infamous and Prototype and outside of Crackdown because it was unique at the time (If you ignore Hulk ultimate destruction) I didn't like those games either.

Anyone in HaloGaf from San Diego? I'll be there at the end of the month and am looking for food suggestions.

I have it on good authority that you should eat fish taco's

I have a bizarre favor to ask.

I'm trying to do two .gifs in Photoshop CS5 and my computer doesn't have enough memory to run them for whatever reason.

Additionally, I'm trying to merge these .gifs - that is, have one play immediately after the other - but I don't know any way to do this.

If I PMed someone the .psd files, would they be willing to give merging/rendering them a shot? This first .gif only comes out to about 225M which is the weird thing.

I'm trying to do two .gifs in Photoshop CS5 and my computer doesn't have enough memory to run them for whatever reason.

Additionally, I'm trying to merge these .gifs - that is, have one play immediately after the other - but I don't know any way to do this.

If I PMed someone the .psd files, would they be willing to give merging/rendering them a shot? This first .gif only comes out to about 225M which is the weird thing.

y5hP3.gif

Seriously though, this is the LEAST BIZARRE thing you have ever said. I can maybe give it a shot, but not for another 14 hours or so.

Before that occurs, you should check that your scratch disk(s) isn't full first. If it's your boot drive, try switching to one of your data drives (partitions) instead.

IHaveIce

Banned
Currently testing 4v4 Forge Island maps. Send me what you got. If you made it, cool. If someone else made it, that's cool too.

I hope you test Onyx. I mean it seriously if Onyx doesn't get into matchmaking I blame you and you will be my archenemy forever.

Edit: How the fuck do I search just for a name in the file browser on waypoint.

Mix

I hope you test Onyx. I mean it seriously if Onyx doesn't get into matchmaking I blame you and you will be my archenemy forever.

Yes! The map from the other night? PLEASE. Tashi, you don't even understand how amazing it is

Korosenai

I've never played SR. This game looks so wacky.
If you can find a Saints Row/Saints Row 2 double pack, get it. Theyre great games. Not as wacky as SR3.

Saints row 1 for me was the best, loved the online (dat pimp hand) as well but i doubt you could even find a match now if you tried.

Booties

Banned
r u serious? with your sense of humor you haven't played them? quit your job and go buy and play through Saints Row 3 right now. it's one of the best games this gen.

If you can find a Saints Row/Saints Row 2 double pack, get it. Theyre great games. Not as wacky as SR3.

Saints row 1 for me was the best, loved the online (dat pimp hand) as well but i doubt you could even find a match now if you tried.

I know. Just too busy. Someone send it to me in the mail.

Fuchsdh

Besides the obvious (quit other programs) ou should also try forcing a memory purge.

Tashi

Yes! The map from the other night? PLEASE. Tashi, you don't even understand how amazing it is

I'm excited to check it out. I'll probably be playing tonight. I'll post here when I get on, we can test it together and shit :)

I was told the other day that my map Harmony, the one I intended for Doubles, was too big (we ended up playing 3v2). Try it out for 4v4 if you want. The version you have doesn't have 8 initial spawns, but it shouldn't matter that much.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd be down for testing maps if anyone needs me. I've got my last final in an hour, but as soon as I'm finished, I'm free for the rest of the day.

Mix

I'd be down for testing maps if anyone needs me. I've got my last final in an hour, but as soon as I'm finished, I'm free for the rest of the day.
Fracas, I want to play with you more. I don't think I've had a much fun as when we did doubles with Ice and Squidhands

Tashi

I was told the other day that my map Harmony, the one I intended for Doubles, was too big (we ended up playing 3v2). Try it out for 4v4 if you want. The version you have doesn't have 8 initial spawns, but it shouldn't matter that much.

Yea I ran around on it last week and noticed that it was pretty large too. I however haven't run a doubles match on it yet so I didn't want to just disqualify it right away without actually playing some matches on it.

Is Onyx set up for objective gametypes? Which ones?

IHaveIce

Banned
I liked it and didn't thought it was too big. I also really liked the Railgun placement.

Fracas, I want to play with you more. I don't think I've had a much fun as when we did doubles with Ice and Squidhands

I'm also down later. And yeah the doubles were really good, could be because of promod though

Jks it was awesome all the way.

Yea I ran around on it last week and noticed that it was pretty large too. I however haven't run a doubles match on it yet so I didn't want to just disqualify it right away without actually playing some matches on it.

Is Onyx set up for objective gametypes? Which ones?

CTF and Oddball I think. Could also run Regicide maybe. Actually I think KOTH should also be possible

Cool, thanks. I should be on tonight starting about 6 Central time (5-1/2 hours from now) for a few hours, so I'll look out for you if you need some testers.

I liked it and didn't thought it was too big. I also really liked the Railgun placement.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't think the map is that large; Scythe is in Doubles and it seems way bigger than what I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom