• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

True. I feel as if the Prometheans had the potential to be scary though, but it seemed obvious that it wasn't what 343i were going for by introducing them. Unfortunately.

And yeah. There's a lot of potential there for the Flood... If 343i are willing of course. Bungie made them too weak in H3 and coupled with the bright art style, they lost most of the creepy factor that they once had.

I think melee damage made sense, but overall they felt so weak, especially since they practically explode into dust when pummeled. I'd dial back the effectiveness of melee to make them getting in close more threatening. If we encountered them on another ring I'd live for them to infect local fauna as well. Giving us something besides bipeds to react to.

Alternatively, we've got the Flood forms from Halo Wars that could be played with.

kylej

Banned
Community college is the smart path. Fuck paying ridiculous tuitons for the same first two years of gen-ed classes that everyone has to take. Transfer into an in-state college to complete your degree and get the best of both worlds.

Or, you could do 2 more years. Get commissioned and make a fuck ton of money and continue school on the military's dime while also getting fantastic training/resume material.

I am doing two more years, haha. The GI Bill is the Air Force equivalent of paid college - you have to be enlisted for two years before you can use it, meaning I'll be finished with the military and schooling at about the same time.

I'll be doing in-state college wherever I'm stationed (hopefully Oregon/Washington), meaning barring a discharge from misfiring a Gravity Gauntlet in the mess hall I should have college fully paid for.

Ghazi

Dual enrollment program by the local community college. I have an AA degree in graphic design and I'm getting the high school diploma on the 23rd.

I'm working as a lifeguard for the summer.

People are paying me to guard their lives.
I go to a private college prep school. The high school also has a college under the same name/branch and they offer free courses to the high school students with gpa's of 3.75 or higher (I'm rockin dat 3.90), though tuition to the high school is crazy expensive so they're still getting money from it. Right now I'm planning on majoring somewhere in computer programming (taking C# next year), I'll be going straight from the high school to the college (hopefully under a scholarship) and continuing my studies. I'll be 3 years through my classes there before I'm even in the college. Balancing high school and college is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Deadnames, I'll PM you a two week tonight.

Edit, got the numbers: Tuition to my high school is 20k a year per child.

nextbox, bro.

thanks ghazi! who's willing to play later?
No probs

Tunavi

Banned
I agree that Financially cc is better, but the experience I had and friendships i made the first two years was priceless.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I am doing two more years, haha. The GI Bill is the Air Force equivalent of paid college - you have to be enlisted for two years before you can use it, meaning I'll be finished with the military and schooling at about the same time.

I'm well versed in the GI bill. I just got done using mine. I'm saying if you do 2 more years before you go in. Get commissioned (become an officer) and you will start out making bank and set yourself up for massive success.

Community college is the smart path. Fuck paying ridiculous tuitons for the same first two years of gen-ed classes that everyone has to take. Transfer into an in-state college to complete your degree and get the best of both worlds.

Point being don't STOP at community college.

I agree that Financially cc is better, but the experience I had and friendships i made the first two years was priceless.

If you can stay in the same school for 4+ years it's definitely better socially. Even if you don't live on campus. I agree.

I have to do Quantum Mechanical papers in a few weeks, wish me luck chums.

No.

Congrats on graduating guys.

I'm six semesters away. My first two semesters took two years though so no idea how long it'll take me
KuGsj.gif

Grats, now get a fucking job.

HNNNNNGGGGGG! Dat Fed money!

I'm well versed in the GI bill. I just got done using mine. I'm saying if you do 2 more years before you go in. Get commissioned (become an officer) and you will start out making bank and set yourself up for massive success.

Listen to this man. Go in as an officer, bro. Even 2Lts shit all over most every enlisted position, pay-wise. Not to mention you get saluted all da time. Dat ego.

Point being don't STOP at community college.

I've considered it but my parents granted me the luxury of not saving up shit for my college tuition, sadly. It's why I'm doing the military in the first place - I'd rather start off adulthood with housing, food, etc. paid for and not repeat their mistakes. I mean, I'd love to do the Officer thing, but financially it's just not an option for me.

Halo talk: 343 should buy my Proto-Promethean doodles and use them as concepts. It's not horror-scary, but every class had some sort of countermeasure that'd make you shit your pants.

The Knight is an asshole and holds his coat the entire time in combat, and has "spurs" on his legs. He performs roundhouse kicks if you try to assassinate him.

The Phaser (Gravity Gauntlet Grenadier) can use his Gauntlet to reel you in and the Gauntlet melee's an instant kill. Keep your distance.

The Hacker is basically a Brute Chieftan and two Elite Zealots duct-taped together.

The Boltshot (sniper) has a... well, Boltshot hidden in his face if he's a high-ranking Knight. Get too close and he'll latch onto you, reveal his skull and give you a kiss of death with the charged Boltshot blast.

The Dreadlock is about the size of a Drinol; get too close and he can use his beefy arms to smush vehicles like a Scarab.

I did this. 2 year to a 4 year. I dont have college loans.

Madness

I got to like, CSR 2 and then couldn't be bothered checking the app any more.

Same. It's just pointless. Hope they make it in-game for Halo 5. It's just redundant. Why launch an external app, when I should see it in game? It's why I never really bothered to view the terminals until like 4 months after I unlocked them.

At first I was excited, and would check every few matches if I went up or not, now I don't really care.

I received some Halo Mega Bloks today addressed to "FlawlessCowboy".. No note.

How did they get my address?

Thanks?

It must be from his Halo 4 drawing contest from ages back. I think I got an honorable mention but he never specified what exactly he was sending me.

Shadders

It must be from his Halo 4 drawing contest from ages back. I think I got an honorable mention but he never specified what exactly he was sending me.

Lol, I wasn't clear at all.

I'm FlawlessCowboy, but I don't know why someone would send me something to that name.

And I sent you a load of awesome stuff, did you not receive anything?

EDIT: I sent you Halo 4 headphones, a H4 pen, a lanyard and the Halo 4 remix CD (not the Limited Edition).

Lol, I wasn't clear at all.

I'm FlawlessCowboy, but I don't know why someone would send me something to that name.

And I sent you a load of awesome stuff, did you not receive anything?

EDIT: I sent you Halo 4 headphones, a H4 pen, a lanyard and the Halo 4 remix CD (not the Limited Edition).

Are you serious? WHAT THE FUCK

I would have loved all of that! It never came in the mail! ;_;

Bungie tweets. Low quality Twitter pic. Site not loading.

O Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Booties, update thread title and get that h outta there.

Shadders

Are you serious? WHAT THE FUCK

I would have loved all of that! It never came in the mail! ;_;

Erf..

Yeah, I sent it ages ago, whenever it was I emailed you. I dunno where the postage receipt would be, but I didn't send it insured (it was an extra £8!)..

I'm really sorry, I just assumed you'd got it. :(

Reading Silentium right now. Fucking
Catalog
should pay Angel Hernandez a visit. Obstinate asshole would probably still get it wrong.

I still don't understand, is
Catalog a forerunner, robot, or both/cyborg?

My understanding thus far is that the
collective "Catalog" is a network of semi-composed forerunners, each node (if you will) a type of cyborg. Their punishment for past transgressions without being actually killed. Sort of like in Game of Thrones' Nights Watch, they are sworn (or in the case of Catalog, compelled) to this new duty.

Mind you I'm only about halfway through so far, so I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom