• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

I still don't understand, is
Catalog a forerunner, robot, or both/cyborg?

Seems like it was once a
forerunner but was subsumed into a collective consciousness linking all the catalogs together, and they definitely seem to be heavily modified cybernetically.

Ghazi

Seems like it was once a
forerunner but was subsumed into a collective consciousness linking all the catalogs together, and they definitely seem to be heavily modified cybernetically.

It's both I guess.

That's what I was thinking, it was just at times the way the things it did and how they did them make it seem like an
organic
being, but everyone referred to it as a
robot
so I was confused.

Halo 1 Flood moments had real tension the first time. Halo 2 had less tension but it was still there. Halo 3 had WTF Covie ship looks like garbage and brown poop lumps everywhere.

I want the flood to be slightly skewed towards survival horror.

Shadders send me free shit brah.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone have a quick link to APK's Sanctuary?

20 minutes until I get on and start some play testing. Running 4v4. Message: TashiGAF for an invite. All are welcome, don't worry if you suck.

edit: Nevermind, I already have his map, gotta get the latest version though.

Mix

So, today I get home and check my mail and I see this!
d9z0LdIEwPWDsBiNqE2uA-76H2KFCWnJa6wswViYqj4Zvwzw1XVMPdwo9yN98i8wy-n-dTPDSbo
I tear it open
I was only expecting this
but instead I got all of this
and the figure I got was an ODST
I would like to say thank you to Mr. Fuchsdh for being so very generous! It was awesome to open this up after a long long day.

Nebula

So, today I get home and check my mail and I see this!
I tear it open
I was only expecting this
but instead I got all of this
and the figure I got was an ODST
I would like to say thank you to Mr. Fuchsdh for being so very generous! It was awesome to open this up after a long long day.

Broken links for me.

aPK

Neo Member
Anyone have a quick link to APK's Sanctuary?

20 minutes until I get on and start some play testing. Running 4v4. Message: TashiGAF for an invite. All are welcome, don't worry if you suck.

edit: Nevermind, I already have his map, gotta get the latest version though.

Woah, wait. Most recent version?

I've only ever uploaded the release version and haven't touched it since releasing.

Gotta be honest here: I'm a Halo guy, not a Bungie guy. Bungie's usually struck me as a jack-of-all-trades but best of none when it came to aesthetics and art styles. Halo interests me as a franchise, but 343's done a lot to tarnish the universe IMO. I have a feeling Bungie's going to end up doing the opposite with Destiny.

I really hope we get some real gameplay from E3 for Destiny. I'm pretty fucking excited, but the excitement from concept art can only last so long

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You nerds were right about Onyx. Shit is funnnn. Figured out why in the first 10 seconds. Map's a fucking Midship clone lol.

I wish they would actually tell us how the game actually works.
Spill it, Cocop.

I think its going to be pretty similar to Defiance.

You can roll with a squad for the most part or play it solo. Certain world events will draw people together in an unofficial capacity for skirmishes. Hubs will exist as trade points and in game stores. Bigger raids will require more people to be able to start and will consist of linear/semi-linear routes with a boss battle at the end.

PvP will have a separate segment of the game devoted to it like a clan vs clan or squad vs squad type game.

It works well in Defiance a icon pops on your map and everyone in your realm/zone/instance has the chance to rush towards it to help combat the AI. After you kill the boss randomized loot is dropped that is specific to each player. So I'll get 3 whites and a green and only I can see them.

I'm excited for its potential but how you tell a strong narrative during a MMO style game seems difficult. Sure you can have fully voice acted scenes but if you take Halo for example you are always getting updates about the plot from radio chatter to Cortana. Forcing that into a MMO with people moving at different speeds could be difficult but I suppose borderlands pulls it off relatively well on a squad level and that is all it needs to be.

Mix

lol I'd hate to post personal stuff but whatever, I'll spoiler it out.

my girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and she says that she doesn't feel like things are going well anymore. She says she still loves me but the relationship isn't what it used to be. You know? Like its too rocky and she isn't happy anymore. Idk, I think I'm gonna do the same thing I did last time and wait it out.
Again sorry, I just want to talk to someone about it.

Conor 419

Banned

my girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and she says that she doesn't feel like things are going well anymore. She says she still loves me but the relationship isn't what it used to be. You know? Like its too rocky and she isn't happy anymore. Idk, I think I'm gonna do the same thing I did last time and wait it out.

'Wait it out'.

Yeah good shout dude, she has the initiative to communicate a very real relationship issue to you, indicative that positive action would be incredible useful, and you're going to 'wait it out'.

Mix

'Wait it out'.

Yeah good shout dude, she has the initiative to communicate a very real relationship issue to you, indicative that positive action would be incredible useful, and you're going to 'wait it out'.
K lol, look. The last time she wanted to break up with me we talked, she said she wanted space, I ignored her for two days and we were fine after that, even better than we were before

Tawpgun

Could I have the contact information of whoever was responsible for the boltshot?

Got destroyed by it, depite the Nerf. Doesn't help that Adrift sucks. I even resorted to using PV, but he had Stealth on... what the fuck.

gAg CruSh3r

To be honest when a women says "our relstionship is not what it use to be" it means you are not trying hard anymore. You need to take her out more or be more romantic. She probably wants feel 'wanted'. You know?

Leave her. If she think its not working don't force it. Life is too short to make a shitty relationship work.

I mean I love my GF to bits but commitments fucking suck sometimes. Enjoy being single and playing the field. You're part of HaloGAF now, Grab a Soddball WordBase T-shirt and pull a 10 every goddamn night.

DeadNames

Banned
Leave her. If she think its not working don't force it. Life is too short to make a shitty relationship work.

I mean I love my GF to bits but commitments fucking suck sometimes. Enjoy being single and playing the field. You're part of HaloGAF now, Grab a Soddball WordBase T-shirt and pull a 10 every goddamn night.

Arguably the most motivational thing I've seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom