• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

To be fair, this is a more advanced, cohesive, and intelligent thought process than most airmen. As long as he keeps his mouth shut when his civilian supervisor YourExWife tells him to do shit, and actually does it, we should be good to go.

My dad is a flight engineer instructor and he tells me about the people he has to teach/deal with on a daily basis. Wahrer will be a-ok.

so printing hardcore tit penis yoga pants holly michaels xxx is a no-no?
I'm on my phone, nice try. :)

That reminds me we're basically doing yoga in my Drama class. I'm ashamed to say this but whatever, I've been checking out some of my classmates during this, no one is good looking. :(

Anyways, after I 3D print a Chief Helmet, I'm gonna try and work on modeling a Halo ring for fun.

Age doesn't matter when determining games (for the most part).

I'm a babby and I've played all the Halos... Halo 2 LAN is awesome. Dual needlers... called myself akimbo boy lol

Actually it does. If you weren't around for Halo 2 in its prime, you lose.

Shit was like a prototype xbox live. It was more social than any other game. I remember big ass lobbies of like 14-16 friends just shooting the shit and having a laugh.

Early party chat was a Halo 2 customs lobby.

heckfu

Banned

Shit was like a prototype xbox live. It was more social than any other game. I remember big ass lobbies of like 14-16 friends just shooting the shit and having a laugh.

You nailed that one exactly. My Halo 2 friends and I had so much stinking fun in that game. It didn't matter if we were rolling in MM or whatever but we could EASILY get 16 people on for customs like OG zombies or tower of power without question.

Early party chat was the hardcore folks who would sit in the original Xbox dashboard and, well, chat.

Get shit on?

You nailed that one exactly. My Halo 2 friends and I had so much stinking fun in that game. It didn't matter if we were rolling in MM or whatever but we could EASILY get 16 people on for customs like OG zombies or tower of power without question.

There was a bunch of us from school who would just bunch up in a lobby. Shit was awesome.

OG zombies was incredible, pushing those boxes to block the doors, jumping up into that corner in the one room on foundation. Good times man.

Custom games was something else. Getting 16 players was an easy task. Remember your friends list was always 99% full of people who always played Halo 2?

Makes you wonder whether we remember Halo 2 being that good of a game, or was it just the whole social experience of Xbox live back then. Made a bunch of friends back then that I still talk to, and me and my real life friends would hang out till way early in the morning playing and just talking shit in the lobby.

Nebula

There was a bunch of us from school who would just bunch up in a lobby. Shit was awesome.

OG zombies was incredible, pushing those boxes to block the doors, jumping up into that corner in the one room on foundation. Good times man.

Custom games was something else. Getting 16 players was an easy task. Remember your friends list was always 99% full of people who always played Halo 2?

Makes you wonder whether we remember Halo 2 being that good of a game, or was it just the whole social experience of Xbox live back then. Made a bunch of friends back then that I still talk to, and me and my real life friends would hang out till way early in the morning playing and just talking shit in the lobby.

My first all nighter was on Halo 2 during the summer holidays. So gooooood.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just booked my flight for Seattle. Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa. So pumped!

Also, testing will be in a couple hours. Just got busy with some shit so I can't get on right now.

Red xs now? I never understood the lack of inclusion in the first place. Like I said, shit was made by "people who love Halo? "Pffft. Take shit out that makes Halo awesome, claim to love Halo, kiss my ass.

Is 343 ever going to mention Legendary Slayer? I had a friend who went to PAX who said they hyped it big time there but there has been no mention of it since. I hope it replaces Infinity Slayer when/if they do ever release it. We don't need another Reach with multiple versions of Slayer.

I hope the settings are something like this. I think it would still obviously not be ideal for people who want classic Halo, but it wouldn't be such a drastic change from IS that it would drive away the remaining fans still playing.

Custom loadouts
Set weapon drops on the maps
No personal ordnance
3 second respawn timer
Increase the amount of time before weapons despawn, this wouldn't be a problem with no PO

I think that would be a good compromise between Team Slayer BR starts like most everyone here wants and Infinity Slayer which apparently has fans somehow.

Is 343 ever going to mention Legendary Slayer? I had a friend who went to PAX who said they hyped it big time there but there has been no mention of it since. I hope it replaces Infinity Slayer when/if they do ever release it. We don't need another Reach with multiple versions of Slayer.

I hope the settings are something like this. I think it would still obviously not be ideal for people who want classic Halo, but it wouldn't be such a drastic change from IS that it would drive away the remaining fans still playing.

Custom loadouts
Set weapon drops on the maps
No personal ordnance
3 second respawn timer
Increase the amount of time before weapons despawn, this wouldn't be a problem with no PO

I think that would be a good compromise between Team Slayer BR starts like most everyone here wants and Infinity Slayer which apparently has fans somehow.

I think its less that IS has fans and that its the top option in the playlists.

IHaveIce

Banned
God why do these fools keep voting for Ragnarok seriously.

How someone could test this map and didn't see the issue with Flinch/NoDescoping is just a mystery

God why do these fools keep voting for Ragnarok seriously.

How someone could test this map and didn't see the issue with Flinch/NoDescoping is just a mystery

Of all the things in 4 flinch has to be one of the worst mechanics. You already descope in Halo why something else on top of that? I just find the design decisions in that game fucking incomprehensible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wish Heckfu was coming. We could totally record a podcast then. Or maybe I could record one with Ghostayame, Ninja and Greenskull. That could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom