• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Ya but mine's a lot easier to fix. I would play 4 or Reach if anyone cool gets online if not its a few hours of AC triple.

There was a very attractive Native chick who was my waitress at dinner so I feel like I am especially in tune with the plight of Connor at the moment

gAg CruSh3r

What the name of it? I may not have downloaded it and it doesn't look familiar

Sorry got busy with Mother's Day stuff. It's called Construction by: my GAF's name.

Here is a few more pics of it ...
34A9D102-13C0-4522-8C7B-915B9D09408B-60755-00000692003D7A05.jpg

163EAF9C-3EE8-40D8-9DE2-01388D2BBC85-60755-000006923731DEB7.jpg

307CE27D-BC7E-4431-95DE-B4D8C54F8B4E-60755-000006986DD96D87.jpg

Tell me how it plays after words?!

kylej

Banned
Actually I was reading an interesting reddit thread yesterday about the quality of life in reservations. Very sad stuff. Many of them have devolved into these awful, self-perpetuating wastelands and they get near zero recognition from politicians, the media, or (consequently) the general public. What happened to natives following the founding of the colonies is disgraceful. Makes me sad.

Good read - http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1e4lkf/til_the_poorest_place_in_the_us_is_96_native/

Sorry got busy with Mother's Day stuff. It's called Construction by: my GAF's name.

Tell me how it plays after words?!

See if you can mix up the floor pieces to something like Simplex and Scythe with the darker grey. Before and after Relay/Dispatch for example.

daedalius

I just don't get the nuances I used to - Elites don't take cover when they're injured anymore, unless they have a sword, in which case they get confused and stand still even on Legendary.

That last one might be because the animations are identical to Reach's though. Base movement speed was increased from Reach to 4, but the Elites have the same animations, so they move at the same speed. Because of this it takes them faster to gain ground when chasing you with a sword, so the AI just gives up eventually.

The Elites got fat after the war.

Don't forget you're also not dealing with a 100% bloom DMR either.

Ya but mine's a lot easier to fix. I would play 4 or Reach if anyone cool gets online if not its a few hours of AC triple.

There was a very attractive Native chick who was my waitress at dinner so I feel like I am especially in tune with the plight of Connor at the moment

Tell her you're Chief Raging Boner.

I had to drive through two reservations every time I went to visit my girlfriend this past summer. On the plus side, I could drive as fast as I wanted without fear of cops. On the downside, no night time or winter driving for fear of blowing a tire/eventually getting assaulted.

There are many a tale of women being raped, men being assaulted, people being robbed, and so on. Like 99% of stop signs, yield signs, and so on signs have bullet holes in them. Some you would not know what they were if not for the red or yellow color or whatever.

heckfu

Banned
Actually I was reading an interesting reddit thread yesterday about the quality of life in reservations. Very sad stuff. Many of them have devolved into these awful, self-perpetuating wastelands and they get near zero recognition from politicians, the media, or (consequently) the general public. What happened to natives following the founding of the colonies is disgraceful. Makes me sad.

Good read - http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1e4lkf/til_the_poorest_place_in_the_us_is_96_native/

Only a couple of you know this, but a couple years ago I lived on an indian reservation to work in their hospital for one of my rotations.

We drove 33 hours to Browning, Montana to live with the Blackfeet and it was one of the greatest eye-opening experiences of my life. I still think of it at least once a week and remember how lucky I was to experience that place and how much we need to do to support them.

Booshka

I had to drive through two reservations every time I went to visit my girlfriend this past summer. On the plus side, I could drive as fast as I wanted without fear of cops. On the downside, no night time or winter driving for fear of blowing a tire/eventually getting assaulted.

There are many a tale of women being raped, men being assaulted, people being robbed, and so on. Like 99% of stop signs, yield signs, and so on signs have bullet holes in them. Some you would not know what they were if not for the red or yellow color or whatever.

Maybe you shouldn't be speeding through reservations, seeing as how drunk driving is an epidemic on so many of them.

m23

Really horrible even up here in Ontario. Suicide rates in those reservations are crazy, their homes are a joke. The government just acts like these people don't even exist.

heckfu

Banned
Maybe you shouldn't be speeding through reservations, seeing as how drunk driving is an epidemic on so many of them.

True story: one of the guys we worked with in the pharmacy literally reconciled his life with drugs a year before we met him, met his 3 year old son for the first time we were there, won a national Native Traditional Dance contest, and was hit and killed by a drunk driver 2 weeks after we left.

edit: that was depressing. sorry.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/gag_101/34A9D102-13C0-4522-8C7B-915B9D09408B-60755-00000692003D7A05.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/gag_101/163EAF9C-3EE8-40D8-9DE2-01388D2BBC85-60755-000006923731DEB7.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/gag_101/307CE27D-BC7E-4431-95DE-B4D8C54F8B4E-60755-000006986DD96D87.jpg[IMG]

Tell me how it plays after words?![/QUOTE]

I must have missed it, sorry. We are on such a tight schedule tonight that I probably won't be able to get time on it. I'm really sorry about that. It will get tested at some point though and I can provide you with the film if you like.

gAg CruSh3r

I must have missed it, sorry. We are on such a tight schedule tonight that I probably won't be able to get time on it. I'm really sorry about that. It will get tested at some point though and I can provide you with the film if you like.

Oh your fine! I would really enjoy to get some game play of it; thanks!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just realised I've still been using the resolution I used for my crappy TV on my monitor that I've been using for over a year. Everything looks so beautiful now. .-.

Fuchsdh

Oh yeah, decision time GAF: I've finally accrued enough free MS points to change my gamertag. No idea what to change it to.

(My name here is in hindsight unpronounceable as well but that's life I guess.)

Ghazi

Oh yeah, decision time GAF: I've finally accrued enough free MS points to change my gamertag. No idea what to change it to.

I don't know man, PixelFox is a pretty cool name.

"Oop, you're gonna have one."

Best call out 2013.

I might have had the bets line of 2006 way back when. I was playing Gears of War on Mansion and me and two guys go one direction and a guy named Waldo4246 or something went off by himself. We've got nobody out by us in our section and all of a sudden Waldo starts screaming "Oh my god they're all over by me I need help-." Dies. As soon as he started talking I was going "Where are you? Where are they?

"Where's Waldo!?!?"

I shake my head to this day.

EDIT: Just realized ExWife changed his avatar to Megatron. I figured you'd do something like that after subjecting us all to the 10 minutes of hearing him say "Yes" and "No" the other day.

Computron

Approximately once a month, I pop my Halo 4 disc with the hopes that I can, maybe, catch a glimmer of a great pastime.

I then proceed through my 4-5 goto playlists for several rounds each until I am hit by some game mechanic, design choice, technical flaw, or combination of the three that makes me rage quit.
Over the course of these several hours, this process of elimination leads me to enter perhaps the one good playlist that doesn't induce rage, which is SWAT.

All is fine, up until the point when I realize, I freakin' hate SWAT...

DeadNames

Banned
Approximately once a month I pop my Halo 4 disc with the hopes that I can maybe catch a glimmer of a great pastime.

I then proceed through my 4-5 goto playlists for several rounds each until I am hit by some game mechanic, design choice, technical flaw, or combination of the three that makes me rage quit.
Over the course of these several hours, this process of elimination leads me to enter the one passable playlist that doesn't induce rage, which is SWAT.

Holy hell.... This is me.

I HATED SWAT in Reach/3, yet I like in 4...

Frankie, why you do dis? :(

Computron

You should change your GamerTag to Computron.
If only some bastard didn't snipe it as soon as it was recycled... :-(

Approximately once a month I pop my Halo 4 disc with the hopes that I can maybe catch a glimmer of a great pastime.

Over the course of these several hours, this process of elimination leads me to enter the one passable playlist that doesn't induce rage, which is SWAT.

CTF is where it's at, best variants to vote for. If they'd only put freaking 1-sided back in the game!

If you like Settler, Relay, or Infinity I suppose.

Generally speaking in CTF I notice a distinct lack of personal ordnance, JiP, instant respawn etc. I don't mind having a voting mix of Halo 4 classic or Infinity, it's quite acceptable to me. CTF even since launch, prior the tweaks and map packs, I've found CTF far less Infinity style and also "Halo 4 version of classic" is voted for more often. If 343i would pull their finger out and actually bring in one sided CTF then so many of these maps would play infinitely better than the current 2-flag experiences, IMHO. I've dropped all hope of assault returning to Halo 4,
RIP assault

I do like:
Settler (can suck if you're getting spawn killed over and over)
Simplex (can be quick lopsided games)
Complex (yes the roof DMR camping sucks but jetpack/teamfire negates it quickly)
Adrift
Skyline
Perdition
Ragnarok (is played a little too much and jetpack/sniper areas suck)
Solace
Exile
Monolith
Harvest

I do NOT like:
Abandon
Relay
Wreckage

Madness

Approximately once a month, I pop my Halo 4 disc with the hopes that I can, maybe, catch a glimmer of a great pastime.

Over the course of these several hours, this process of elimination leads me to enter perhaps the one good playlist that doesn't induce rage, which is SWAT.

Lol, my highest csr is in Swat, action sack and flood. I've have almost zero desire to play infinity team or infinity big team. Castle DLC is probably the only play list I've played, and can only handle a few matches.

Have no partner for doubles and no team for throwdown. It'd be different if this is what Halo 4 launched like, but by now, I'm the last of anyone on my friends list still playing.

Nebula

I must have played like 10 games of Castle DLC yesterday. Enjoyed myself a good amount thanks to two guys who wanted to party up and who had microphones.

Red X really helps you out as well. I also managed to grab a Railgun and Incineration cannon after spawning miles away from them when I died and lost them. I was shocked that they never despawned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom