• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately once a month, I pop my Halo 4 disc with the hopes that I can, maybe, catch a glimmer of a great pastime.

I then proceed through my 4-5 goto playlists for several rounds each until I am hit by some game mechanic, design choice, technical flaw, or combination of the three that makes me rage quit.
Over the course of these several hours, this process of elimination leads me to enter perhaps the one good playlist that doesn't induce rage, which is SWAT.

All is fine, up until the point when I realize, I freakin' hate SWAT...

SWAT is fun, nice, fast pace, mindless fun. Always enjoyed it. It's easier to get into then say, Slayer or CTF. I still prefer Slayer, or any other objective gametype, but SWAT has always been fun in it's own right.

Isn't SWAT usually one of the most popular playlists in Halo?

Booshka

SWAT is fun, nice, fast pace, mindless fun. Always enjoyed it. It's easier to get into then say, Slayer or CTF. I still prefer Slayer, or any other objective gametype, but SWAT has always been fun in it's own right.

Isn't SWAT usually one of the most popular playlists in Halo?

When I played my first SWAT custom game in Halo 2 and asked why people would play with no shields and BR's, I was told that if you are good enough to get a headshot, you deserve a kill. Ever since then I realized why so many players love SWAT, because they are fucking terrible at Halo.

When I played my first SWAT custom game in Halo 2 and asked why people would play with no shields and BR's, I was told that if you are good enough to get a headshot, you deserve a kill. Ever since then I realized why so many players love SWAT, because they are fucking terrible at Halo.

Yeah, this is why I prefer anything else over it, because SWAT doesn't feel very Halo and SWAT is seriously the farthest thing from Halo in Halo
Except Infinity
, but in it's own merit, it's a fun gametype, just completely not the reason I play a Halo game. I don't play Halo for easy one shot kills. I play it for skillful gun fights and equal playing fields.

Computron

Isn't SWAT usually one of the most popular playlists in COD?

Yeah.

iw7UoxvtLNR7B.gif

Booshka

Yeah, this is why I prefer anything else over it, because SWAT doesn't feel very Halo and SWAT is seriously the farthest thing from Halo in Halo
Except Infinity
, but in it's own merit, it's a fun gametype, just completely not the reason I play a Halo game. I don't play Halo for easy one shot kills. I play Halo for skillful gun fights and equal playing fields.

It still blows my mind how this core philosophy was completely missed by 343. That sentence is a quick summation of what makes Halo so great, and they totally blew it.

: /

Nebula

You should change your GamerTag to Computron.
If only some bastard didn't snipe it as soon as it was recycled... :-(

I was waiting on Nebula, and it never got recycled. I could have had space though, but never had the points at the time. A friend picked it up and said he would keep it safe for me. We have not spoken in a few months though.

Shadders

I always thought it was odd that it was called "SWAT", it's like Halo at its most untactical level. There's more tactics in Grifball.

As someone who loved the SWAT games on PC, I think there's scope for a really great Halo tactical shooter.

Nebula

I never did get the whole "make it more accessible" thing. It was accessible enough and could be enjoyed, and has been enjoyed, for years by people on a casual level.

Shadders

I never did get the whole "make it more accessible" thing. It was accessible enough and could be enjoyed, and has been enjoyed, for years by people on a casual level.

I'd never heard complaints that Halo was too hard either, but then maybe I'm not listening to the right people.

Microsoft do have extensive usertesting and focus group facilities, they must have gotten the idea that it was necessary from somewhere. I was kind of hoping we might see Josh Holmes backtrack on their accessibility mission in his GDC talk, but there was no mention of it.

Purplemage

Neo Member
So moved into a new place and been without cable and internet for a few days now. Really craving some multi team when it gets turned on (hopefully) tonight.

I did get a chance to see the new Red X's, which are soooo much better.

I wonder how swat would play with severely decreased bullet magnetism and auto aim.

Mix

Finally watched Django. Really good movie, although I felt like it pulled an Assassin's Creed III where I cared more about Christoph Waltz's character more than Django's character. I don't know, could just be me

Mix

Forgot to say it on Sunday, but my senior prom was a lot of fun. A mentally handicapped student named Majestic won Prom King against a jock in South Texas. It's good to see the world is becoming a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom