• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G17

A Team Slayer option would make much more sense to add than slayer pro in infinity slayer. (PAX build game type with loadouts but no personal ordnance)

Very surprised that 343 haven't given us TS from the PAX build back. A lot of the complaints against Halo 4 would be fixed with that version of Team Slayer.

Good on Halo Council for taking a stance...

As you will have noticed, our official forums are currently offline until May 17th. I’ll explain why and what this means to all of you.

At this time, the Administrators of The Halo Council are talking about what future actions to take, it wasn’t exactly a secret that the forums weren’t the most pleasant place to visit. If you were new then you’d generally be flamed if you had a suggestion that others didn’t agree with. This is flat out unacceptable. Many times members, staff and even developers have been abused on our forums and this should never happen, all it does is make our community, our website and our goal look miniscule and it will simply be ignored.

The forums will be returning on May 17th, 2013 under one condition, we all clean up our act, no more flaming members, staff or developers in the slightest, if this continues appropriate action will be taken to your forum account.

I’d like to add we will be reformatting the Forum Rules when the forums come back online, so be sure to read them and listen to them.

This downtime is a necessity in a community where egos and grudges have begun to run rampant, and self righteousness has taken a forefront to community growth. We think it’s wise giving everyone a breather; where forum fights and flaming won’t be part of your daily routine. Please bare with us and this mess as we work hard to make things right.

- The Halo Council Staff

Good on Halo Council for taking a stance...

So they have the same problems as here? damn.

Big Team Infinity Slayer:
Slayer Pro added to voting options.
Complex added to map rotation.
Voting options reorganized to provide increased variety.

Infinity Slayer:
Slayer Pro added to voting options.
Complex removed from map rotation.
Voting options reorganized to provide increased variety.

woot?

CyReN

Slayer Pro added to BTB is nice! Although, bad kids will still vote Infinity for sure, which when I'm not rolling in a full party, it could be troublesome.

CyReN

Who the hell are Greenskull, Tashi and Crazybydefault? Why aren't more pro's testing the patched game?

GreenSkull - Youtube creator of videos/Song writer
Tashi - Community Cartographers/HaloGAF Radio Host/Lebron Fan
Crazybydefault - Waypoint Mod

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Need one to seven people for Halo 3, Reach, 4, or Battlefield 3.

GT = kittens dx

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Who the hell are Greenskull, Tashi and Crazybydefault? Why aren't more pro's testing the patched game?
We need the community to test the community's game. What happened to the community? Halo used to be about the community, Halo 2 had clans and it didn't mean anything but it meant everything, cause it helped in having an extra friends list which in turn had more people playing which in turn helped the community, Halo 3 had forge which meant people could build maps far more inferior looking than the regular maps, don't get me wrong but it helped the community, by fostering creativity and allowing a community to be born from that run down thing it showed that there was still room for growth in the community, theater allowed player's to watch films as a group and upload and download clips as a community, the whole community was very communal and it allowed the community to stay healthy, but in continuing with Halo 4 trends this is very anti-community by not having a beta playlist which I repeat which does not help the community because if the community cannot comment on the changes being made to the game which affects the community until after the changes are released, this is not fair to the community which dwindles with each passing day as faith is lost in the community due to anti-communal behavior.

community

#thepeople

TheOddOne

We need the community to test the community's game. What happened to the community? Halo used to be about the community, Halo 2 had clans and it didn't mean anything but it meant everything, cause it helped in having an extra friends list which in turn had more people playing which in turn helped the community, Halo 3 had forge which meant people could build maps far more inferior looking than the regular maps, don't get me wrong but it helped the community, by fostering creativity and allowing a community to be born from that run down thing it showed that there was still room for growth in the community, theater allowed player's to watch films as a group and upload and download clips as a community, the whole community was very communal and it allowed the community to stay healthy, but in continuing with Halo 4 trends this is very anti-community by not having a beta playlist which I repeat which does not help the community because if the community cannot comment on the changes being made to the game which affects the community until after the changes are released, this is not fair to the community which dwindles with each passing day as faith is lost in the community due to anti-communal behavior.

community

#thepeople
ibdvgh2xFio6f7.gif

*Tips hat*

I think ill stick with Waypoint
Oh wait

I didn't even have to plug Waypoint today ;)

We actually did something similar before most of the team got gutted and left THC, it was never enforced by anyone there. Either way you shouldn't punish the whole forum community for what is maybe 20% bad.

Good update for the most part, can't wait for the stream.

Nice to know, I'm glad you(s) take it seriously. Are you involved in another project/site these days?

So they have the same problems as here? damn.

I'm not sure how tighter moderation here at HaloGAF would go down...it would be interesting to say the least.

Took them long enough. THC fourms basically turned into the mlg fourms after mlg droped halo.

I got that some "MLG wannabe" tones in replies when I posted on THC a while back. It was mostly a positive experience though.

community

#thepeople

What else would you suggest beyond a public beta? I'm not being snide or SLRPing but just trying to promote more positive ideas or feedback for future games/TU's. Since the start of the year we've seen 343i's forums get War Games Feedback, bulletins improve, Forge community playtest, now Forge community round 2, throwdown, sniper changes (losing shotgun on some variants), the return of the 4sk BR etc. I won't go through the laundry list any further but I guess my point is do we in fact need more community interaction or just require more developer choice to push community feedback into the public game/settings/playlists?

At launch I agree things weren't there and certainly weren't being listened to but these days things are promoted, retweeted, added in game, talked about on community sites etc. I think we just need more developer willingness to make community changes but we also need a more consensus-based voice for change. Those voices need to be specific to playlists, highlight the reasons and deliver a more actionable outcome for the developers e.g. I don't want shotguns in sniper playlists = one vote variant type in pure classic snipers only.

I think your post lends itself more to the in game outcomes from the community/developer than the actual community interactions etc.

It doesn't seem like some hidden magic formula to me, what's wrong with this at launch of Halo 5 and sustain of Halo 5:
1. Ranked vs. social, provide for default, slayer, objective, CTF/assault, grifball, doubles, infection, BTB, action sack.

2. Maps made for playlists/gametypes (don't rotate playlists too frequently so this design principle remains intact).

3. Rapid feedback, development, testing and to live updates (opt in in-game & Waypoint based polls directly correlating to the active playlists/settings and some proposed ones too).

4. Maps, maps and more maps from the developers over Forge ones. Take what is done in Forge from 3, Reach & 4 as well as the community/Forge and produce fast clean maps specific for gametypes/playlists. Reduce the development and iteration time by not investing crazy resources in SPOPS or engine or character redesign. Bring content fast and with quality and players will stay, keep fresh AND pay for it. Try for map packs every other month or a monthly subscription system. Honestly if Forgers can build high quality maps and settings within a month then developers/designers should really be able to streamline things. How long would Ivory Tower take to rebuild from Halo 2 now? That's the sort of clean condensed development lifecycle you should be aiming for.

5. Listen to the feedback, try developer 60% + feedback 40%. Mix it around a little from time to time.

6. Provide insane customisation, drop Forge and polish the development tools so all of the above can be provided by staff and the community alike. How streamlined would PC edited maps be from the community straight to the 343i sustain or development staff. Designerees polish PC-Forged maps up and then put them in a test list or release them live.

7. Provide search filter toggles for the content instead of the hit & miss playlist/settings management that takes forever.

Anyhow I could go on but I think you get the idea, to me this should be the target and it would have me coming back for more daily.

Seance

Banned
Yeah what's the deal anyway?
Beta playlist in with game tweaks, so that the entire matchmaking community can provide data/feedback? Nope, that makes far to much sense.

Instead we'll invite a few pro's and a couple BK's out here to HQ so we can stream a couple games.
Because of reasons.

Tawpgun

Beta playlist in with game tweaks, so that the entire matchmaking community can provide data/feedback? Nope, that makes far to much sense.

Instead we'll invite a few pro's and a couple BK's out here to HQ so we can stream a couple games.
Because of reasons.

Well, if I had to give them the benefit of the doubt... its because I'm not sure if they are able to make changes to the sandbox only in some playlists. I think its all or nothing. So unless they wanna do a beta week or something, they don't want to unleash these settings on the public if they suck.

That being said, flying in some pros and community people isn't going to change much and seems more like a nice gesture/publicity.

Because of reasons.

Yeah, the future of halo 4 will be decided by 6 persons and Bravo......I dont doubt Tashi and the others but feels a little empty to not see more players getting involved.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Behind you is a symbol of oppression. Halo 4, where thousands of virgin gamers have languished under the name of this man, Frankie.jpg

Frankie, who has been held up to you as the savior of Halo!

You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt community! Let me tell you the truth about Frankie from the words of Halo's, community cartographer, Fyrewulf:

"Day 1 sales don't mean much when your a franchise game. Sales don't reflect quality until the next game after everyone played the last one. But sure, keep digging up the old chestnut of "woe is us, we had to build a studio / hire people while making the game". OWN YOUR SHIT. But I think this just goes back to my point that you're wasting your breath if you think 343 gives a shit about any of your feedback. My reward was being called "someone who didn't know what he was talking about" by someone else that works there after I helped. If you think it's embarassing for them, I feel like a total idiot in comparison."

And do you accept this man's proclamation? Or do you accept the deceit of all these liars? Of all the CORRUPT?

We take Halo from the corrupt! The outsourced! The oppressors of a legacy of gameplay who have kept you down with myths of trust, and we give it back to you... the people. Halo is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by not playing Halo 4, and doing something else! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised. The Halo 4 sustain team will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Grifball courts will be convened. Dorito XP spoils will be enjoyed. Donging will be had. The CC's will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great community... it will endure.

Halo will survive!

Behind you is a symbol of oppression. Halo 4, where thousands of virgin gamers have languished under the name of this man, Frankie.jpg

Frankie, who has been held up to you as the savior of Halo!

You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt community! Let me tell you the truth about Frankie from the words of Halo's, community cartographer, Fyrewulf:

"Day 1 sales don't mean much when your a franchise game. Sales don't reflect quality until the next game after everyone played the last one. But sure, keep digging up the old chestnut of "woe is us, we had to build a studio / hire people while making the game". OWN YOUR SHIT. But I think this just goes back to my point that you're wasting your breath if you think 343 gives a shit about any of your feedback. My reward was being called "someone who didn't know what he was talking about" by someone else that works there after I helped. If you think it's embarassing for them, I feel like a total idiot in comparison."

And do you accept this man's proclamation? Or do you accept the deceit of all these liars? Of all the CORRUPT?

We take Halo from the corrupt! The outsourced! The oppressors of a legacy of gameplay who have kept you down with myths of trust, and we give it back to you... the people. Halo is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by not playing Halo 4, and doing something else! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised. The Halo 4 sustain team will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Grifball courts will be convened. Dorito XP spoils will be enjoyed. Donging will be had. The CC's will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great community... it will endure.

Halo will survive!

Meh

Madness

Because of reasons.

Lol, Tashi you better be practicing like crazy bro, it's gonna be streamed for all of us to see.

That being said, I don't know why you need all pros to test out the settings. You'd need people who won't necessarily play the game the way a pro would.

I still feel an experimental playlist for a week only would provide much better feedback.

As for the bulletin, I'm so glad slayer pro is being brought to big team and infinity slayer. Baby steps, but imagine if Halo 4 as it stands now, is the one they launched with.

Seance

Banned
you think this was about effort?

it can only go down from here

It doesn't have to
pls

There's no jelly here, I don't even play Halo 4. It is just such a shame to see a franchise I love(d) be so appallingly mismanaged.

Anyways I'm actually kind of excited for the stream. I'm even rooting for Tashi simply because he won't be the biggest slurper there, with those other two kids being invited.

Edit:

imagine if Halo 4 as it stands now, is the one they launched with.

Wait, wut? What have I missed?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would like Halo 4 so much more if it had static weapon spawns and uniform loadouts. I'd really prefer no sprint, but I don't expect that to ever happen. Also really wish the framerate was better.

Also, I just went +34 in a game of Infinity Slayer, lol.

TCKaos

I would like Halo 4 so much more if it had static weapon spawns and uniform loadouts. I'd really prefer no sprint, but I don't expect that to ever happen. Also really wish the framerate was better.

Also, I just went +34 in a game of Infinity Slayer, lol.

Did we just get matched together in a chance encounter?

Nebula

Played some Halo 4 last night and managed to wreck with the tank on Exile for 20 something kills. Choked on the Killimanjaro which is unusual for me. I normally hit the Killimanjaro and fail all attempts to get a kill after that, it's been a speciality of mine since Halo 3.

Played a few more, had some laughs but inevitably caught myself raging at Plasma Pistol sticky noobs on Longbow. I got Plasma Pistoled twice, then stuck by 5 plasma grenades.

How can 343 see no issue with this. Honestly. It baffles me.

Slayer Pro added to Infinity Slayer?
Complex removed from Infinity Slayer?
EA discontinuing online passes?

What the hell is going on!?! I like it.

Madness

Slayer Pro added to Infinity Slayer?
Complex removed from Infinity Slayer?
EA discontinuing online passes?

What the hell is going on!?! I like it.

Maybe EA knows something about the nextbox that we don't. Remember, rumors are MS has some kind of working feature to stop used games etc. Maybe they realized it works well enough they won't need online passes? It's EA, when have they ever given up a chance to make more money?

JackHerer

As for the bulletin, I'm so glad slayer pro is being brought to big team and infinity slayer. Baby steps, but imagine if Halo 4 as it stands now, is the one they launched with.

I'm actually excited to play Slayer Pro BTB. Especially when the DMR gets nerfed. It might actually feel like Halo.

I'm curious if Complex will play better or worse with 8v8. If anything camping the top of that building will be a less viable strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom