• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

I think I'm going to do a stream for Throwdown and keep track of what level I'm at tonight. I might do it in Xsplit so I can add overlays that show my current rank and my record in the playlist (Wins/Loss)

Yay? Nay?
Do et, I'd watch it.

I think I'm going to do a stream for Throwdown and keep track of what level I'm at tonight. I might do it in Xsplit so I can add overlays that show my current rank and my record in the playlist (Wins/Loss)

Yay? Nay?

Just do a 1 to 50 in one day stream.

Nope. Halo is the only AAA I regularly play on my Xbox. I literally do not like any other game enough to own it.

Halo has Forge and a custom community - all of which prolong the longevity of the game. If they release a Halo in September, announce another one in March, show it off in June and then release it in the following September again, what was the point of playing? What was the point of making custom games? What was the point of forging? What was the point of ranking up?

CE with MP would have been great. I still play it on my PC and I've always loved how the maps felt.

But just not a mere year after Reach.

idk man, I understand your point but.. A year is a longggggggggggg time to be stuck with a boring Halo Matchmaking experience. Agree to disagree I suppose.

If Matchmaking wasn't so limited and there was actually a way to set up Customs with randies, then sure. However, they've said Halo is going to be annualized so it's doubtful we'll see any true advancement to Halo Matchmaking ;\

I can't wait to see 343's next big move with this franchise. Halo fans are much more experienced and aware of what they want after the past few releases.

Blueblur1

Imagine if Halo 1 Multiplayer launches with the next Xbox and H2A gets released a year later for the 10 year anniversary?!

Day 1 buy for thousands of people, possibly millions.

----------

KAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

551543_499079883480601_1355237838_n.jpg

SO FUCKIN HYPED! Speaking of DBZ, the gaming industry is in dire need of a game like Earth's Special Forces.

From what I read in the Off-topic thread, that image contains misinformation. There is n new series coming.

Just let me know here please and I'll get on
ok then. I'm currently sitting in my car in the parking lot at work rocking back and forth in the wind. Plus about 25ft of visibility at the moment. Hooray...

Edit: tashi stream needs a running "ceiling" count.

Madness

Fuck my first match of throwdown, against a team of SR-130's and I got some 20's and 40's with me in a match of simplex CTF. Just horrible play.

idk man, I understand your point but.. A year is a longggggggggggg time to be stuck with a boring Halo Matchmaking experience. Agree to disagree I suppose.

If Matchmaking wasn't so limited and there was actually a way to set up Customs with randies, then sure. However, they've said Halo is going to be annualized so it's doubtful we'll see any true advancement to Halo Matchmaking ;\

I can't wait to see 343's next big move with this franchise. Halo fans are much more experienced and aware of what they want after the past few releases.

You know I really do agree with you man. I want a game with good gameplay and a rich custom content community. If CEA was coming with all of those, I'd be delighted. Don't forget how many times I tried to quit Reach myself, lol.

If I could figure out how to make maps for custom edition, I don't think I'd play anything else.

Where's the map teasers?

Ran into a bit of a problem so they're being delayed for just a bit :p

You know me - Halo 10 will be out when I finish a map.

I think I should just look into custom edition so I can build to my heart's content. It's really only a lack of pieces that causes me to double back on designs so much.

In college we actually called Halo, the pit. So if you were playing Halo you would call or invite someone over and say "Get in the pit" meaning get on 'lo.

Madness

CSR is worthless with JiP. Just went into a SWAT match where I got put on a team that was down 170-30 and my teammates were a level 5 and his guest. Now I know it's based on individual score, but when you have a team that barely kills anyone, you get destroyed, especially on the lockout remake.

In college we actually called Halo, the pit. So if you were playing Halo you would call or invite someone over and say "Get in the pit" meaning get on 'lo.

Did you guys use special colored bandannas to discreetly tell eachother what gametypes were being played too?

Or maybe earrings?

Did you guys use special colored bandannas to discreetly tell eachother what gametypes were being played too?

Or maybe earrings?

I wish it was always Team Slayer and me getting yelled at cause I made bad choices and we couldnt get past 25.

Until I learned the way of the headshot. THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING!@!@!

(But really if you didnt learn Halo by somebody better than you yelling at you the whole time you didnt learn Halo right!)

Yup, no mention of CSR in-game.

I remember Arena changes being shown in Reach.

I wish it was always Team Slayer and me getting yelled at cause I made bad choices and we couldnt get past 25.

Until I learned the way of the headshot. THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING!@!@!

(But really if you didnt learn Halo by somebody better than you yelling at you the whole time you didnt learn Halo right!)

I remember when I learned how to crouch jump. It was like a whole different part of the game opened up to me, like when I realized you can jump on the sides in the beginning of Gravemind.

Ghazi

Out of the thirty friends who played Halo 4 with me launch week, 6 of them bought the season pass. 0 of them are playing Halo 4 right now/have played Halo 4 at all today, :( :( :( :(

It's lame to play alone. I usually hate FFA playlists because I like working in a team, but I think I've found solace in playing Forge FFA alone. Also, remember when SWAT was supposed to be a week hopper at launch? Neither do I.

Computron

The problem in a nutshell. Can't let skill triumph anymore. Every schmuck must win even if we have to fuck up gameplay and balance massively.

Why not just roll dice instead?

Just do this for every encounter next game.

Rolling_Dice.gif

Wow. Those dice are pretty consistent.

I will continue to observe and will report when there is any difference in outcome.

You know I really do agree with you man. I want a game with good gameplay and a rich custom content community. If CEA was coming with all of those, I'd be delighted. Don't forget how many times I tried to quit Reach myself, lol.

If I could figure out how to make maps for custom edition, I don't think I'd play anything else.

Yeah I know, just sucks that we're all in this grave together because of bad decisions constantly being made.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I didn't get Live until 2011, but I still played the shit out of Halo, even though I got to play online only a handful of times.
I don't even know what I did for those 4 years.

Halo 4 Doubles is such a tease.
One game you'll be playing Slayer BRs and all will be fine, then the next game you could be playing Infinty Slayer against Promethean Vision and Boltshot.

mhi

Was this posted?

Halo 4 could add microtransactions.

I do not mind if its just cosmetic items personally.

Good idea. Anyone still playing the game on a regular basis will eat this up. They would have made wayyyyyy more money if this made RTM though.

Overall, I still think Halo 4 has/will have the worst, by far long tail sales in the series. Especially with the robust used market of today. The $39.99 price drop was aimed at curtailing this.

Meanwhile, COD just releases a new title every year.

Good idea. Anyone still playing the game on a regular basis will eat this up. They would have made wayyyyyy more money if this made RTM though.

Overall, I still think Halo 4 has/will have the worst, by far long tail sales in the series. Especially with the robust used market of today. The $39.99 price drop was aimed at curtailing this.

Meanwhile, COD just releases a new title every year.

Yearly release works for CoD, but I just can't see it in a main Halo game.

wwm0nkey

Yearly release works for CoD, but I just can't see it in a main Halo game.

Games honestly don't need yearly releases, every other year is fine if you do what BF3 did. Their Expansions kept people coming back and playing. Have Halo switch off every year with whatever Black Tusk is making and support both with lots of DLC and post release updates.

Games honestly don't need yearly releases, every other year is fine if you do what BF3 did. Their Expansions kept people coming back and playing. Have Halo switch off every year with whatever Black Tusk is making and support both with lots of DLC and post release updates.

Yes, that's what I'd like. Give the game a new map pack every 2-3 months after release, and then expand upon either the single player or multiplayer with additional content at the 12 month mark.

Makes me wonder what Halo game is coming out this fall. It's inevitable.

Fuchsdh

Yes, that's what I'd like. Give the game a new map pack every 2-3 months after release, and then expand upon either the single player or multiplayer with additional content at the 12 month cycle.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't follow the CEA method with H2A, although I think the remaining issues are multiplayer variant implementation and creating paywalled player ghettos.

Like with CEA, I don't think there are many advantages to fully recreating (or in CEA's case, creating) a standalone multi option. I'd much rather have continued improvements and support for Halo 4 until Halo 5 comes around. If they want to give me substantially different Halo experiences (Halo Battlefront, Halo Spec Ops, whathaveyou) then I'll buy those games, but I enjoy settling in to a Halo title otherwise. I don't want yearly releases of the mainline games.

Obscured

Yes, that's what I'd like. Give the game a new map pack every 2-3 months after release, and then expand upon either the single player or multiplayer with additional content at the 12 month mark.

Yeah, if there is nothing new coming up I wonder what they are going to talk about. I am probably in the minority, but I am bummed there is not more Spartan Ops (Though I am not a fan of the name), but if there are no more map packs and we haven't heard about a new game what is the next thing? (Although I guess there is something called E3 coming up where they talk about those kinds of things.)

There is something else I noticed when got on today, seems like the kind of thing people would have jumped all over, or maybe everybody did and I just missed it.

From Major Nelson - http://majornelson.com/2013/04/08/xbox-tournaments-with-virgin-gaming-coming-this-week/

2jh74pt.png

Xbox Tournaments with Virgin Gaming offers free-to-enter tournaments for top games from leading publishers and is only on Xbox 360. The exclusive app, available this week in the U.S., U.K. and Canada, allows Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers of any skill level to play in free-to-enter tournaments with the opportunity to make their way up the daily, weekly and monthly leaderboards to win their share of $100,000 cash.

Starting this week, participate in tournaments for popular games including “EA SPORTS FIFA 13,” “NBA 2K13,” “EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13” and “EA SPORTS NHL® 13,” with many more titles to come.

Tournament gameplay is easy to join, fun and accessible to all styles of gamers, from the dedicated pro to the casual Xbox player. Download the app from Xbox LIVE and register for a Virgin Gaming account to start playing the free-to-enter tournaments this week—existing Virgin Gaming members will not need to register for a new account, but they will need to activate their existing account here.

Practice now, because in the coming months Xbox Tournaments with Virgin Gaming will be rolling out tons of new features, like cash-play gaming, leaderboards and epic tournaments, along with more titles and will become available in more countries around the world..

I wonder how Halo 4 is going to a part of this?

It says more game are to come and I don't see how Halo 4 will be left out, especially when this Virgin partnership is exclusive to the Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom