• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I wonder how many people vehemently against microtransactions would shell out for Mark V or true ODST armor.

Probably the same people who bought 50 versions of the game from every retailer to complete their armory.

THEN, bitch about it, like they're not part of the problem.

Fuchsdh

I wonder how many people vehemently against microtransactions would shell out for Mark V or true ODST armor.

I might, but I'm not against microtransactions for this sort of stuff. People want new armor, new emblems, etc, hell, even to pay for an early 48 hours with the map packs, fine by me, as long as they aren't paying for exclusive weapons or that business (and I'd say the LE spec codes were toeing the wrong side of the "pay to play" aspect, though they weren't microtransactions per say.)

Games like Farmville got crap (and rightly so) because they broke core parts of the "game" using microtransactions. If it's a free browser game, that's one thing, but doing that to a title you paid $60 seems crass.

Talents

Banned
Imagine if Halo 1 Multiplayer launches with the next Xbox and H2A gets released a year later for the 10 year anniversary?!

Day 1 buy for thousands of people, possibly millions.

----------

KAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

551543_499079883480601_1355237838_n.jpg

SO FUCKIN HYPED! Speaking of DBZ, the gaming industry is in dire need of a game like Earth's Special Forces.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

DBZ is my favorite piece of media of all time. I think my heart just exploded.

mhi

Yearly release works for CoD, but I just can't see it in a main Halo game.

I believe they said somewhere that a yearly release was their goal.

Either way, they gotta get more ROI from these titles. Anniversary was a step in the right direction in that regard.

Played a couple of matches in the Castle playlist. So far it seems fun. I'm not sure how I feel about outcast though. Only had to play one game of infinity slayer too.

So the GF borrowed Tomb Raider from work for me. I got around to playing it today and it seems great. I could do without some shitty crafty system and those constant exp updates on screen but that aside I like it.

Roughly how many hours is it?

This game is just shit.

Like, I played some laggy matches in Reach but nothing like this.

Oh, my 3v6 match is about to start!

343 sucks monkey nuts

Fracas

#fuckonami
So the GF borrowed Tomb Raider from work for me. I got around to playing it today and it seems great. I could do without some shitty crafty system and those constant exp updates on screen but that aside I like it.

Roughly how many hours is it?

If I remember right, it took me roughly 12 with a bunch of exploration.

Yep. Ultimately, nobody wins :/

What's your GT again broseph? We should co-op one day.

Added B]

Its fake.

FUCK YOU UNKNOWN! You ruined everything!

I knowwwwwwww.... Whatever though, got me hyped after all this depressing crap going on in here about RIP Halo this, RIP Halo that..

After the Mets-Phillies game.

Did you see when I made the connection of Halo/Bungie/343/Micro$oft = Mets? Where great talent goes to die.

"Mets are going to win it next year for sure.." Next year comes around and the Mets don't even make the playoffs.

"Next Halo game will be the best for sure. I mean, they've definitely listened to the feedback and learned from past mistakes.. right?" Next Halo game comes around and.. well..

Tashi where is the stream?

Also CSR = Can't see ranks

-orznge-

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Added B]

I knowwwwwwww.... Whatever though, got me hyped after all this depressing crap going on in here about RIP Halo this, RIP Halo that..

Did you see when I made the connection of Halo/Bungie/343/Micro$oft = Mets? Where great talent goes to die.

"Mets are going to win it next year for sure.." Next year comes around and the Mets don't even make the playoffs.

"Next Halo game will be the best for sure. I mean, they've definitely listened to the feedback and learned from past mistakes.. right?" Next Halo game comes around and.. well..

-orznge-

Kicking me while I'm down huh?

TCKaos

Best ESF moment I've ever had involved me fighting 1v1 with this guy for a little bit, with me playing as Goku and him as Piccolo. Suddenly this brand new guy came in as Vegeta and started kicking our asses. We were getting our shit wrecked. While I was spawning I could see Vegeta charging up a Gallick Gun and Piccolo charging up a Special Beam Cannon. I started flying over to where they were as they both fired and the beams collided in the air. I could see that Piccolo was losing ground to the Gallick Gun so I landed right down next to him and started charging up my Kamehameha.

The epicenter of the beam clash was moving closer and closer, and Vegeta turned on his turbo, making the clash inch forward ever so much faster. My Kamehameha hits max power and then I just unleash this fucking furious cone of energy right at the epicenter of the clash and it fucking landed. The clash crawled to a stop and slowly but surely started to recede.

I typed "COME ON PICCOLO, ALL THE WAY! DO IT NOW!" in to chat and we both activated our turbos at the same time. The epicenter of the clash soared up the length of the beam and vaporized Vegeta completely with the most satisfying explosion I'd seen in a long time.

Then he respawned and we got shit on.

Kicking me while I'm down huh?

I bleed blue and orznge breh..
lolololol

Seriously though, you have no idea how badly I wanted that Subway Series World Series victory against those damn, dirty Yankee fans! Breaks my heart whenever I think about how perfect a 20 year anniversary World Series win would've been ;'[

Best ESF moment I've ever had involved me fighting 1v1 with this guy for a little bit, with me playing as Goku and him as Piccolo. Suddenly this brand new guy came in as Vegeta and started kicking our asses. We were getting our shit wrecked. While I was spawning I could see Vegeta charging up a Gallick Gun and Piccolo charging up a Special Beam Cannon. I started flying over to where they were as they both fired and the beams collided in the air. I could see that Piccolo was losing ground to the Gallick Gun so I landed right down next to him and started charging up my Kamehameha.

The epicenter of the beam clash was moving closer and closer, and Vegeta turned on his turbo, making the clash inch forward ever so much faster. My Kamehameha hits max power and then I just unleash this fucking furious cone of energy right at the epicenter of the clash and it fucking landed. The clash crawled to a stop and slowly but surely started to recede.

I typed "COME ON PICCOLO, ALL THE WAY! DO IT NOW!" in to chat and we both activated our turbos at the same time. The epicenter of the clash soared up the length of the beam and vaporized Vegeta completely with the most satisfying explosion I'd seen in a long time.

Then he respawned and we got shit on.

lmfao ESF was a phenomenal game. I remember when I first got the hang of melee battles; it felt so rewarding to win those and send a barrage of projectiles or any other follow ups lol

This game is just shit.

Like, I played some laggy matches in Reach but nothing like this.

Oh, my 3v6 match is about to start!

343 sucks monkey nuts

Yall need to stop giving 343i that population point. Shut it all down. Noone go on. Let them know we want a better Halo. Speak with your actions!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I bleed blue and orznge breh..
lolololol

Seriously though, you have no idea how badly I wanted that Subway Series World Series victory against those damn, dirty Yankee fans! Breaks my heart whenever I think about how perfect a 20 year anniversary World Series win would've been ;'[

lmfao ESF was a phenomenal game. I remember when I first got the hang of melee battles; it felt so rewarding to win those and send a barrage of projectiles or any other follow ups lol

Oh you're a Mets fan? Damn, we're essentially as close as brothers now.

Homeboyd

Why am I still a 1? Is castle dlc one of the ranked playlists? Justascrub?

Also, does the online "add file" not work for anyone else? I've tried to download several maps from people's fileshares on waypoint but it just doesn't do anything.

Tawpgun

Nah, Juices is right.

Here's my conundrum.

I don't much like CoD enough to buy it. I want to play a multiplayer shooter. I don't have a good PC.

Fuck Reach.

Halo 3 lag and netcode get to me too much now.

What little of my friends still play Halo, they play Halo 4.

I want the Halo style of combat. Fuck the ADS bullshit. I get that with a BF3 fix once in a while, but I love me my Halo gameplay. Throwdown and Team dubz delivers. So I play those.

Why am I still a 1? Is castle dlc one of the ranked playlists? Justascrub?

Also, does the online "add file" not work for anyone else? I've tried to download several maps from people's fileshares on waypoint but it just doesn't do anything.

It adds it to your file share lol, no active download queuing in Halo 4 :p.

Here's my conundrum.

I don't much like CoD enough to buy it. I want to play a multiplayer shooter. I don't have a good PC.

Fuck Reach.

I want the Halo style of combat. Fuck the ADS bullshit. I get that with a BF3 fix once in a while, but I love me my Halo gameplay. Throwdown and Team dubz delivers. So I play those.
When I play Reach with friends even now, we have hours upon hours of fun without a tenth of the bullshit of 4. I'd also play Halo 3 over this shit, but the low population does hurt it.

kylej

Banned
Here's my conundrum.

Fuck Reach.

halo reach is way better than halo 4

Right, So by now I figure you all know about CMT. The halo modding group that is basically the driving force in halo modding and has been in for the past 10 years.

Iv talked about it before but they are working on their 3rd Campaign make over "SPV3"

Master1337 who is as close as you can get get to a leader of the group has started a Weekly/Bi-Weekly Vidoc that plans to look over elements from this "new" campaign.

This first episode covers the changes made to the Pistol. While I don't agree entirely with the direction some of the stuff they are making is heading its none the less very impressive stuff.

CMT SPV3 Vidoc The Pistol - Youtube

Shiiiit I met Ordonez when I was a little kid. Got his autograph along with...Alex Ochoa lol

I fucking loved that Mets team.

<3 You're a good man, Tashi.

Here's my conundrum.

Fuck Reach.

What's sad about this is that describes just about most Halo fans that have stuck with the series all these years. No one does Halo better than Halo, and Halo barely does Halo as good as Halo.

kylej

Banned
They need to make the TU global and condense the playlists.
That would be awesome.

343 needs to do a lot of things!

I'm still waiting to see how the community is - as Frankie O'Connor said - a "direct and democratic extension of the development team". Maybe we all aren't registered to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom