• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

So I got an invite to the Arkham Origins Multiplayer Beta, p neat.

It's something I really want to try out however do not want, I think the current batman arkham games are solid single player titles and throwing multi in there to me feels strange, but if it's good like ME3 multi then by all means, awesome.

It's something I really want to try out however do not want, I think the current batman arkham games are solid single player titles and throwing multi in there to me feels strange, but if it's good like ME3 multi then by all means, awesome.

Its being described as a 3v3v2 Spies v (Mercs v Mercs) basically

so it looks interesting

wwm0nkey

Have they even shown anything other then that 30 second video of the city

Nope, we only know they have been working on it for like 6 months and they are apparently basing gameplay off of 2.

Also they have pretty art stuff

3PM8K.png

malfcn

I hate FFA because I suck at FFA. And I suck at FFA because I get spawned with 2 guys looking at me and instantly die.

Fuchsdh

where are people getting information about the red Sphere?

okay, so i also need to replay Halo 3.

Not sure what the sphere is doing in that shot, but it's the planetoid at the center of the Ark that they mined resources from to rebuild the rings, etc. I'm guessing that shot the planet was cheated and they pan-cam'd to it or summat'. You get a couple good views of it in the Art of Halo 3.

A lot of people have said it's related to the Ark since Silentium had a bit where
they bury what's left of Mendicant Bias under the sands of the Ark
but it seems kind of odd they would stick a War Sphinx down there with him. I also took the passage as Greg Bear just providing a bit more closure to tie into the original trilogy rather than setting up points for the next one.

Not sure what the sphere is doing in that shot, but it's the planetoid at the center of the Ark that they mined resources from to rebuild the rings, etc. I'm guessing that shot the planet was cheated and they pan-cam'd to it or summat'. You get a couple good views of it in the Art of Halo 3.

A lot of people have said it's related to the Ark since Silentium had a bit where
they bury what's left of Mendicant Bias under the sands of the Ark
but it seems kind of odd they would stick a War Sphinx down there with him. I also took the passage as Greg Bear just providing a bit more closure to tie into the original trilogy rather than setting up points for the next one.

If this is the same place, maybe MB somehow is controlling the WarSphinx. Or it has something to do with the IsoDidact and how he isn't really dead either.

IF they released a BF:BC style Halo game or made BTB 16 v 16 and added all the vehicles i would be okay with it.

but they need to focus on the core 4v4 playstyle and maps.

Madness

If this is the same place, maybe MB somehow is controlling the WarSphinx. Or it has something to do with the IsoDidact and how he isn't really dead either.

That feel when, despite playing all the games and campaigns over and over the past decade, you have no clue what the heck you guys are talking about.

I seriously hope Halo 5 has some better cutscenes at the start to explain all this and not some random Halsey scene that explains nothing.

Nowise10

OR Space Battles...

Can the Helmet fusion thing still be done in Halo 4?
Example:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xedypm_halo-3-how-to-make-fusion-helmets_videogames

I think I remember a way in Halo 3 that is much better then that and doesn't require turrets or anything else. No idea if it worked in Reach or Halo 4.

I think I have a picture on B.net i can go get

http://halo.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=96839321

Fuchsdh

I have no idea why 343 would waste resources on the Lich when they could have had a Mantis vs Locust battle instead.

I like the Lich. It's got some nice angles and it fills a unique role we haven't seen in the Covenant. Yeah, its appearance in campaign was disappointing (it was a lot more effectively used in the last Spartan Ops chapter) but it's a cool vehicle. Definitely agree about bringing more Halo Wars stuff into the other games though. Isn't some of that in Spartan Assault though?

I like the Lich. It's got some nice angles and it fills a unique role we haven't seen in the Covenant. Yeah, its appearance in campaign was disappointing (it was a lot more effectively used in the last Spartan Ops chapter) but it's a cool vehicle. Definitely agree about bringing more Halo Wars stuff into the other games though. Isn't some of that in Spartan Assault though?

In a game that isn't easily accessible to the main Core gamer audience.

Karl2177

Didn't realize "bigger Phantom" was a role we needed to see. Used effectively in the last SpOps mission? It did the same exact thing that it did in campaign, but it forced the player to wait until it dropped off every wave of enemies before the player could board it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well he was right, Halo multiplayer has been changed forever.

I can never see them ship a Halo game without universal sprint, perks, personal ordnance, loadouts, again.

I will no longer touch a halo MP game with any of those ever again

It's like they sat down and said "how can we fuck up this game in every way imaginable?" and did it.

so the Desert is part of the Lesser Ark?

but Arks are not Spheres, could that be another Cryptum?

And what happened to the Ark in Africa?

I may need to reread Silentium
The desert would be the surface of the Ark. Maybe a heavily damaged Ark, since tangential evidence indicates it wasn't completely destroyed by Halo firing. The center sphere there might be/is the Foundry, which is the moon/planetoid an Ark uses to make Halo rings.

Unless something changed, there isn't an Ark in Africa. The initial plan was for the Earth to host the Ark (to the point where Earth WAS the Ark -- you can see concept art for a mechanical cored Earth opening up in the LE of Halo 3), but Bungie rewrote the drafts going into Halo 3's development and made the Ark Installation 00 on the rim of the galaxy. The would-be location of the Ark on Earth is indeed the Ark Portal.

Who knows, we could be going to a ravaged Ark to seek discourse with Mendicant Bias, perhaps as to how to
bring back Cortana (I would only ever bring Cortana back as some sort of ghost trial for the Master Chief's spirit-- a twisted, rampant copy that plays on his emotions and tests his newfound humanity)
, or for some other, more Forerunner-death-inducing purpose. It's a fun idea, at least, but it will probably suck in execution no matter what it is.

Omni

"Press X to awaken MB"
"Press LT to save Cortana"
"Yell derogatory terms through Kinect to insult Halsey"

The Halo 5 that we've all been looking for.

The desert would be the surface of the Ark. Maybe a heavily damaged Ark, since tangential evidence indicates it wasn't completely destroyed by Halo firing. The center sphere there might be/is the Foundry, which is the moon/planetoid an Ark uses to make Halo rings.

Unless something changed, there isn't an Ark in Africa. The initial plan was for the Earth to host the Ark (to the point where Earth WAS the Ark -- you can see concept art for a mechanical cored Earth opening up in the LE of Halo 3), but Bungie rewrote the drafts going into Halo 3's development and made the Ark Installation 00 on the rim of the galaxy.

Who knows, we could be going to a ravaged Ark to seek discourse with Mendicant Bias, perhaps as to how to
bring back Cortana (I would only ever bring Cortana back as some sort of ghost trial for the Master Chief's spirit-- a twisted, rampant copy that plays on his emotions and tests his newfound humanity)
, or for some other, more Forerunner-death-inducing purpose. It's a fun idea, at least, but it will probably suck in execution no matter what it is.

Thanks for the clarification. The Whole Ark thing and that part of Halo 3 im not super knowledgeable on, i need to go back and play Halo 3, and read Silentium again. i realize now that the Portal was in Africa.

that could be it, i mean MB is interred in the Lesser Ark (Installation 00). and Silentium leaves the IsoDidact and the Chakas/343 thread wide open.

Oh and When you use a Spoiler tag its just
, you used [Spoilers]

"Press X to awaken MB"
"Press LT to save Cortana"
"Yell derogatory terms through Kinect to insult Halsey"

The Halo 5 that we've all been looking for.
Dont forget the Vulture Gunner after hitting 5 kill streak or ADS by holding Right trigger

Even though they've had more than enough possible reasons to meet up, Chief will not meet Halsey until the very end of the trilogy. Halsey will be the main villain despite not changing her motives at all, and it requires Chief finally meeting her to turn her "good" again.

Maybe the dragon dildo Covenant cyber arm she gets will turn her evil or something.

Even though they've had more than enough possible reasons to meet up, Chief will not meet Halsey until the very end of the trilogy. Halsey will be the main villain despite not changing her motives at all, and it requires Chief finally meeting her to turn her "good" again.

Maybe the dragon dildo Covenant cyber arm she gets will turn her evil or something.

Gods, i hope not. But in the Post-Karen-Traviss-Halsey-is-Hitler-2.0 halop universe; 343 is just shitting all over canon changing shit for the sake of change.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I think Halsey being ONI's scapegoat makes a lot of sense. I'd like to see Chief have to take down ONI with the help of the and the remaining Spartan-IIs and IIIs in Halo 5. It would make for some interesting gameplay if you have to defeat the Spartan-IVs without killing them. Then, in Halo 6, they team up with Arbiter and the Covenant and have to defeat Cortana who is secretly controlling the Storm and Prometheans and is trying to insert herself into Halsey so she can be human.

Top Bottom