• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

EDIT: Removing a parody Halo 5 box art someone on Bungie.net made, but to have something here to discuss and share, the new Halo One placeholder Box Art Amazon has is pretty cool.

41ZjcePuZYL.jpg

Clean the image a bit, and honestly I would love to have something so simple and clean for a Halo boxart, better than Master Chief holding a gun. :p

Fotos

Played and watched almost all the Metal Gear Solid games for the first time. This series is so amazing. I beat MGS 2,3, Peace Walker and watched MGS 1 all in about a month and now I'm going to borrow my friends PS3 to play MGS4. Metal Gear Solid is now with Halo as my favorite game series.

belushy

Banned
Anyone feel like streaming for my entertainment? I'm bored sitting here and don't feel like reading or flipping through Netflix's catalog right now.

edit: nvm EnNopp is speedtrunning MM

Laughing at the handicapped is awesome! Way to go.

(do you really not remember the backlash when this first started?)

Exactly WHY I stated I hope this isn't seen in poor taste or disrespectful, I'm not laughing at the handicapped, I'm laughing at a parody box-art made by a fellow Halo fan displaying 343's ideas and mindset for future Halo titles. :/

EDIT: You know what, I'm sorry. Guess that image could potentially offend someone, I'll edit it out to avoid risking that. Sorry if I offended anyone here.

Anyone feel like streaming for my entertainment? I'm bored sitting here and don't feel like reading or flipping through Netflix's catalog right now.

edit: nvm EnNopp is speedtrunning MM

If you ever get bored again, I'd recommend you check out SaltyBet (if you already haven't). SaltyBet's a pretty funny live gaming livestream, the basic idea is it uses a (Broken and terrible) fighting game engine that pits 2 (terribly coded and horribly balanced) characters (mostly gaming, but you get the occasional oddballs) to fight on a random stage while random music plays in the background, and you can bet fake money labeled salty bucks on which character will win. You repeat until you get rich or go broke. It's pretty active (think it might be 24/7) with a huge viewerbase (and the chat is hilarious and is half the fun).

I've only been watching it for the past 2 days and already find it to be a fantastic time killer, I'd recommend you (and anyone else) check it out.

Here's the GAF thread if you or anyone else is interested in watching.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649827

Still seriously suggesting we all just play Custom Edition, while the normal CE has a lot more regular games there are still some normal ones on custom edition and we can make servers.....also Opensource instant download and widescreen support is niceeeeeeee
Buy it for me and I'll play.

Alternatively, get it put on Steam.

I love how the Top-level COD competitions look like what we expect thread on gaming side was updated today after these tweets were posted. :p

Apparently both of these videos were recorded today from a CoD competition.

YOU'RE AWFUL. YOU'RE GARBAGE. I'M EATING YOU ALIVE!!!!!!!

YOU'RE NERVOUS. YOU'RE NERVOUS I'VE SEEN YOU GET NERVOUS!

Are top level competitive Halo matches ever this bad when live? Or League of Legends? Or Counter Strike? Or any competitive game?

I understand getting excited and being hyped up when playing a serious, close, intense game, but I've never full on yelled like that. :p

IHaveIce

Banned
I love how the Top-level COD competitions look like what we expect thread on gaming side was updated today after these tweets were posted. :p

Are top level competitive Halo matches ever this bad when live? Or League of Legends? Or Counter Strike? Or any competitive game?

I understand getting excited and being hyped up when playing a serious, close, intense game, but I've never full on yelled like that. :p
Search for Halo trashtalk montages. They are not better, counterstrike back in the day when I was at the wcgs wasn't that bad but there was also quite some trashtalk

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Literally all the time. If you can get the little edge by talkin shit and get all dat money, why not?

If anyone here is getting Payday 2 on the 360, let me know.

Looks like it's gonna be a fantastic 4 player co-op experience.

As long as your names not OddOne.

IHaveIce

Banned
Its going to happen but the real question is WHEN

Exactly, for all I know ( and this could end up being nothing) they are already ported and would be ready. But the question is if it would be smart releasing the original trilogy on PC in the same year as they try to sell a new console

Seeing as the First Year of Xbox One consoles won't be available to everyone worldwide and specific regions won't get access to Xbox Live. My theory is "IF" 343 were to do another Tourney like the Global Championships would have to be a National Tourney until XB1 & XBL is available for all regions.

I'd like to know the statistics to the Global Championship qualifiers and Halo 4's Online Population Activity from when it was first announced and after the Tournament Winners. Just curious how well all that feedback did for Halo 4/343/&MS. If the W8 OS will work for future online tournaments for other popular Xbox One games would be very interesting to see how Microsoft will push for Competitive Gaming even further.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've barely been reading this thread lately, so I dunno how active it is, but I'd like to get in on some more games. Halo 3 / Reach / Halo 4 /
Battlefield 3
, any of them are okay with me. I'll be playing like every other evening between now and the PS4 launch.

KOF XIII confirmed for Steam

Halo 3 on Steam basically confirmed at this point
Fuckin sweet.

edit: And ODST. Modded Firefight would be pretty awesome.
That would be amazing.

Its going to happen but the real question is WHEN

If this happens and they mod in the Halo 1 Pistol, I may be done with multiplayer Halo on consoles unless they blow me away.

After this week playing CE online I can safely say I'm not touching 4 again. CE is still just a lot of pure Halo fun.

The only thing that was missing from some of those maps were Jet Packs. I mean, clearly that Prisoner match would've played leagues better if everyone spawned with 'em.

Game was the biggest disappointment of this year IMO

Seconded. Thirded. And fourtheded. What they hell were they thinking? Almost as bad as 343 patching in the Camo Powerup in Reach only to be completely removed from Halo 4.

Top Bottom