• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

Damn. I mean, I have some discs laying around somewhere for it, but not the serial key. Sucks no place just sells the keys.

Yeah the issue is there's a finite amount of keys printed and they're all out in the retail channel. The unredeemed ones can't be reclaimed. They're such a known quantity that Bungie was able to get the entire list of them for the Halo PC flair for Reach. MS isn't printing/generating any more.

Fuchsdh

Yeah the issue is there's a finite amount of keys printed and they're all out in the retail channel. The unredeemed ones can't be reclaimed. They're such a known quantity that Bungie was able to get the entire list of them for the Halo PC flair for Reach. MS isn't printing/generating any more.

You simply can't play Halo 1 on Mac anymore because of this. It sucks.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm sp fucking excited for this that I can't breathe. The reason I'm a film director is Toy Story and now I get to make my own world in that universe and I just feel like wruisgnqaeWUEGDwiuYSUgdHaowiuekdjfbaoisusxrydhawesoilrzwrsidfln You know???

It's not Disney, but have you played LittleBigPlanet 2? You can make levels spanning multiple genres with cutscenes and full voice acting. I've messed around with it before and it's really fun.

Booshka

Halo 1-3 on steam should happen already

Spartan Assault is not only is Windows 8 Exclusive, but a Verizon timed exclusive as well. Microsoft are still too fucking dumb and stubborn to put their games out on platforms where people will buy them.

Amazing really, considering the complete failure that is GFWL.

Mix

It's not Disney, but have you played LittleBigPlanet 2? You can make levels spanning multiple genres with cutscenes and full voice acting. I've messed around with it before and it's really fun.

Nope, I've never owned a PS3. No one who has ever had one has played LBP2 on theirs either... I'm excited for what project spark can do too

belushy

Banned
I am definitely gonna try and make an FPS and try to make it as close to Halo 1 as possible in Project Spark. Still not exactly sure how the MP will work on the game though, they haven't really said anything regarding it yet.

So what is Disney Infinity? A toy/video game?

Think of it as Skylanders with all of Disney's characters, except instead of being a glorified Spyro game, it's a pretty ridiculous Sandbox game. And I'm sure Marvel and Star Wars stuff is going to be there eventually - they even have ESPN and Pixar stuff already.

Madness

So I play this mobile game called Simpsons Tapped Out. There is a huge fan site that got millions of hits a month. Apparently the owner of the site sold it to someone a while back.

That new owner made a post like 5 days ago about how this third party site figured out a way to get all these microstransaction items for dirt cheap, even items from a year ago, special events.

This new owner also locked out all the contributors to the site and so thousands of people took this post as legit and went to the site and started to PayPal/Credit Card like $20+ a transaction for items. This went on for like 4 days before people realized it was potentially a guy hacking items and putting them in your game and taking money for it, when you could do it for free.

A bit off topic, but I'm just dumbfounded at the ingenuity. This guy was releasing videos, and no one knew he had owned the site, was setting up a third party site, and initially even gave a lot of people hacked items for positive reviews. Someone said he probably made like over $20k for just a few days worth. Sad no? Sorry for wall of text.

belushy

Banned
Once the May 2014 Game Informer leaks a few weeks earlier, revealing Infinity 2.0, Aim Down Sights, stopping power-less Sprint, Reach Jet Pack returns, BR removed, Boltshot buff, and the biggest announcement of all, the return of Armor Lock but this time you can move while you're invincible.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If Halo 4's pre-launch information trickle is anything to go by, I'd guess there will be vague teases from now until early spring and a full reveal.

It feels so weird, not being interested in the next Halo. This will be the first I miss at launch, if I ever even play/buy it. A return to the classic formula or balanced gameplay would probably get me to lay down $500 for a console though; I'm not going to kid myself.

IHaveIce

Banned
When do you guys reckon will start getting ACTUAL Halo One news? Hopefully we get some details and teasers starting December.
Nothing till next year, then leaks of magazines, then we will discover that there is a beta but only for few people and it seems they slurped so hard the new settings they loved it. Small videos and vidocs release, nothing big.
Then at E3 we see finally something.

Gui_PT

HEADHUNTER!

KT43MSY.gif

Spartan Assault is not only is Windows 8 Exclusive, but a Verizon timed exclusive as well. Microsoft are still too fucking dumb and stubborn to put their games out on platforms where people will buy them.

Amazing really, considering the complete failure that is GFWL.

Really going to be disappointing if they pull this nonsense with Halo 3. I hope they learned (and remember) a lesson with their handling of Halo 2 PC. 52.39% of Steam users who participated in the hardware & software survey as of this July are using Windows 7 64 bit. It would be insane to ignore that.

343i why are you takign so long :(
from july/august to this?
Eo29eCg.png

i was looking forward to the update :(

-spits out coffee-

Early 2014? Damn, these Halo updates sure roll out in a timely manner.

-EDIT-

If you're feeling conspiratorial, that date might further suggest that a Trilogy update is planned, and that instead of knocking out Halo 2 Vista months early they'll keep it running until it's replaced.

Considering the money I'm putting into a new computer this week, the bold would be excellent news.

Fuchsdh

Really going to be disappointing if they pull this nonsense with Halo 3. I hope they learned (and remember) a lesson with their handling of Halo 2 PC. 52.39% of Steam users who participated in the hardware & software survey as of this July are using Windows 7 64 bit. It would be insane to ignore that.

Huh. Those stats are fascinating. Especially with most of my Mac brethren being integrated graphics :(

-spits out coffee-

Early 2014? Damn, these Halo updates sure roll out in a timely manner.

If you're feeling conspiratorial, that date might further suggest that a Trilogy update is planned, and that instead of knocking out Halo 2 Vista months early they'll keep it running until it's replaced.

Nebula

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened. But we all know how it's going to go down. Halo 2 campaign remake with DLC maps for Halo 4/Halo One. If it sells well I'll eat my only hat.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just a random thought, but how well would remakes of the original trilogy's Campaign play on a new engine? I guess some of the physics would be different, but would it really change the experience that much?

Just a random thought, but how well would remakes of the original trilogy's Campaign play on a new engine? I guess some of the physics would be different, but would it really change the experience that much?
Yes? It depends on what the devs want to "keep, add, and throw away". All the level designs, In game characters, cinematics. I think there's a lot to factor the pros and cons when revamping an older game version in using a newer engine. #H2AnniversaryBeli343

Fuchsdh

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened. But we all know how it's going to go down. Halo 2 campaign remake with DLC maps for Halo 4/Halo One. If it sells well I'll eat my only hat.

If you believe my sources, Halo CEA, Halo 2 and Halo 3 with a F2P multiplayer on PC.

wwm0nkey

Going to make a game on Halo Custom Edition with classic slayer, servername will just be HaloGAF. Will only be up for an hour or so.

If you believe my sources, Halo CEA, Halo 2 and Halo 3 with a F2P multiplayer on PC.

Eh? What is this?

Going to make a game on Halo Custom Edition with classic slayer, servername will just be HaloGAF. Will only be up for an hour or so.

Tried joining and it said the game has closed down even though it still appears whenever I refresh :[

Joined another game fine and got into a couple Pistol battles. Felt better than any other weapon, ever. In 2013.

wwm0nkey

Tried joining and it said the game has closed down even though it still appears whenever I refresh :[

Joined another game fine and got into a couple Pistol battles. Felt better than any other weapon, ever. In 2013.

Closed it, have to head out. might start it up again tonight.

Top Bottom