• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

TheOddOne

Age of Booty 2 then?
Booty For Ages.

Jokes aside, go look at their job page:
Certain Affinity is looking for a Lead Producer to help run our Digital Download games team. As a key member of this team, the Lead Producer will help run multiple projects, both internal and outsourced, in the mobile, PC, and console downloadable games spaces. This involves working extensively with other team leads as well as senior company management and external partners to keep the team on track to create kickass downloadable experiences.

Played Legendary Slayer last night... wow, that was awful.

Slow to get kills, BR dominates the map. Once the BR comes out it seriously seems as though I am only really getting assists because my teammate with the BR keeps stealing the kills. If the BR is on the other team, it pushes back the entire team .

Played Legendary Slayer last night... wow, that was awful.

Slow to get kills, BR dominates the map. Once the BR comes out it seriously seems as though I am only really getting assists because my teammate with the BR keeps stealing the kills. If the BR is on the other team, it pushes back the entire team .
I rarely get AR kills in legendary slayer. Go for BRs off spawn and don't look back.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Are there any competitive games even left on console? Halo 1-3 were amazing competitive multi-player games but Halo 4? CoD?

This is one of the things that made me switch to PC, actual competitive FPS games such as Counter Strike and Quake.

I found using KBM pretty alien at first after years of consoles but soon learned, within days really, how to use KBM quite effectively. Within a few weeks I had far more control and precision than I ever had using a gamepad.

Cod
Battlefield
Halo
TitanFall
Destiny
Etc.

Also other random shooters I play for a bit like Killzone. I'd much rather play shooters on consoles.

Computer

I think it would be cool if Halo had a game type that is based on spawn points and capturing locations something like conquest in Battlefield 3. I cant think of any Halo game type where spawn points come into play. I feel game types like that have a lot of strategy to them.

I think it would be cool if Halo had a game type that is based on spawn points and capturing locations something like conquest in Battlefield 3. I cant think of any Halo game type where spawn points come into play. I feel game types like that have a lot of strategy to them.
That's kinda what dominion is sorta

Wan't there talk of CA making their own shooter? Its probably that. I wouldn't think it would be Halo.

Isn't Halo a yearly release for MS now? We haven't gotten a Halo game this year or heard of anything Halo releasing this year.

Spartan Assault doesn't count either.

m23

Wan't there talk of CA making their own shooter? Its probably that. I wouldn't think it would be Halo.

Isn't Halo a yearly release for MS now? We haven't gotten a Halo game this year or heard of anything Halo releasing this year.

Spartan Assault doesn't count either.

Spartan Assault on Xbox One Arcade at launch. That's probably going to be the Halo title this year.

343 should really fix halo so it's not dad. We here at Gravity Gauntlet Industries are working hard to-

tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o6_r2_250.gif
tumblr_mrdsd63ZkW1rgr4l6o4_r1_250.gif

Oh.

Risen

their Maps aren't terrible, and most of the time 343 gives them a basic outline, they have to get them approved by 343 and Crimson Alliance wasn't a bad game either.

Their maps are not suited for arena shooters. Their maps are more style over substance. They are pretty to look at, realistic locales built around a story, but terrible for a versus environment in an arena shooter in terms of symmetry, offering balanced initial spawns, being over-large, with poorly balanced architecture.

Their design philosophy is much more suited for a game in the CoD franchise.

And yes... Hardpoint is like KoTH. Static locations of the hard point on a fixed rotation...

TCKaos

Didn't they made a map in the Castle Pack that was originally for CEA?
Perdition
So it's possible they Could do Halo 2 Anniversary Map Pack. Most likely they're working on Halo XB1 Map Packs.

"We thought that fighting through malls and other pedestrian areas would be boring, so we went ahead and did something no Halo game has ever done before: an industrial district."

Nope. Never been done before.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Cod
Battlefield
Halo
TitanFall
Destiny
Etc.

Also other random shooters I play for a bit like Killzone. I'd much rather play shooters on consoles.

I personally disagree with you.

Halo 4 in my opinion was pretty much designed to not be competitive, at every step they've made choices that make the game have a lower skill ceiling and more randomness.

CoD I would say the same about. Its designed to appeal to casual players by rewarding them with easy kills due to an extremely low skill ceiling, points for everything imaginable and a progression system that is a direct reflection of time spent playing, rather than any actual achievement or improvement in the game.

TitanFall looks like its gonna be CoD with mechs and jetpacks, again I think the same principles are going to be applied to the gameplay considering its the people behind CoD.

Destiny looks like an MMO, I don't think its going to be a competitive shooter in any way, plus the game mechanics look very similar to CoD - Slow movement speed, sprint, aim down sights etc.

Battlefield 3 is like a not as bad version of CoD.

To me these games are everything that is wrong with competitive console FPS. Console games can be competitive but the trend is towards easy games that provide a false sense of achievement to players regardless of their skill level.

"We thought that fighting through malls and other pedestrian areas would be boring, so we went ahead and did something no Halo game has ever done before: an industrial district."

Nope. Never been done before.
Lol

Also that Hang em high halo 2 remake brings back memories

Newt

Yeah, you're right about the modern shooters. Some people got so hyped about Titanfall, but it looks just like CoD to me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I personally disagree with you.

Halo 4 in my opinion was pretty much designed to not be competitive, at every step they've made choices that make the game have a lower skill ceiling and more randomness.

CoD I would say the same about. Its designed to appeal to casual players by rewarding them with easy kills due to an extremely low skill ceiling, points for everything imaginable and a progression system that is a direct reflection of time spent playing, rather than any actual achievement or improvement in the game.

TitanFall looks like its gonna be CoD with mechs and jetpacks, again I think the same principles are going to be applied to the gameplay considering its the people behind CoD.

Destiny looks like an MMO, I don't think its going to be a competitive shooter in any way, plus the game mechanics look very similar to CoD - Slow movement speed, sprint, aim down sights etc.

Battlefield 3 is like a not as bad version of CoD.

To me these games are everything that is wrong with competitive console FPS. Console games can be competitive but the trend is towards easy games that provide a false sense of achievement to players regardless of their skill level.

So basically you don't like shooters.

Wait, what? Fighting in a mall wouldn't be fun?

I for one would lose my shit if we got to fight in a huge 2552 shopping mall. Hell, add in dynamic ads on telescreens to make it free and get some extra cash money! AND THE CALLOUTS THINK OF THE CALLOUTS

"frankie's got red flag at top apparel"
"lyberty's got sword at red sushi"
"rockets up at carousel"

You could add in a directory with realtime player and ordnance tracking fer chrissakes!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Older titles required skill.

Huh, I wasn't aware you could just mash buttons and win every single match now-days. Maybe the skill needed to win in today's shooters is a bit different than the past, sure, but saying today's games require no skill is not correct. It also makes it sound like you're basically saying "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Top Bottom