• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I love watching corny TV shows and really cringey cheesy jokes are a mainstay with me and the girlfriend so I guess I do in fact have a sense of humor. Something about Saints Row just seems stupid though. Like its really trying too hard to be outrageous. I don't know, I just don't fuck with it.

Did you not play previous GTA games? The seriousness of GTA games are a turnoff.

What?

GTA IV is the only really "serious" GTA, and even then it's a brilliant satire. GTA is satirical cultural commentary, often subtle, and Saint's Row is satirical GTA commentary, never subtle. <3 Rockstar.

GTA = Hollywood
Saint's Row = Bollywood

Nowise10

You guys are absolutely insane. Saints Row the Third, besides the game breaking glitches I encountered over and over, was one of those games I couldn't wait to hop on and play as it was extremely fun. It wasn't a very serious game with an emotional story, but I loved it so much.

Its a game were you do crazy shit and crazy shit happens.

Enfinit

Thanks for the new desktop wallpaper!

What?

GTA IV is the only really "serious" GTA, and even then it's a brilliant satire. GTA is satirical cultural commentary, often subtle, and Saint's Row is satirical GTA commentary, never subtle. <3 Rockstar.

GTA = Hollywood
Saint's Row = Bollywood

Couldn't have said it better myself. People who argue that GTA is "too serious" either has never played a GTA game, skips over every cutscene and dialogue, or only says that because they've heard other people say that on the Internet.

If I recall correctly, GTA III (or Vice City - I can't remember) was the first video game to use a dildo as a weapon. So suck it, Saints Row.

pun intended

Striker

Couldn't have said it better myself. People who argue that GTA is "too serious" either has never played a GTA game, skips over every cutscene and dialogue, or only says that because they've heard other people say that on the Internet.

If I recall correctly, GTA III (or Vice City - I can't remember) was the first video game to use a dildo as a weapon. So suck it, Saints Row.

pun intended
GTA IV was that attempt, and had tons of backlash in part of it. The fun, corny activities or sequences you can do in the previous games is what people loved, not doing the god-awful dating or bowling crap they added in.

Older GTA games using dildo's is precisely why people arguing SR is too childish but GTA is for the grown ups is baffling. I suppose I should've said game, and not games. Only one of them was the armpit.

GTA IV was that attempt, and had tons of backlash in part of it. The fun, corny activities or sequences you can do in the previous games is what people loved, not doing the god-awful dating or bowling crap they added in.

Older GTA games using dildo's is precisely why people arguing SR is too childish but GTA is for the grown ups is baffling. I suppose I should've said game, and not games. Only one of them was the armpit.

Yeah, going from San Andreas to GTA IV was pretty jarring. I didn't even end up finishing it until a few years ago because of that. Then again, I would highly recommend the two DLC packs, especially the Ballad of Gay Tony, if you want that type of action. GTA V looks a hell of a lot more like your typical GTA game, though. I don't know how anyone can look at that game's trailers and seriously think it's too serious. Bananas.

GTA V being great doesn't have to mean that Saint's Row 4 will be bad. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, too, but for my money I'm waiting on GTA.

Enfinit

Every franchise has their less-than-stellar title. Gotta try and jazz up the formula somewhere. Thank goodness Rockstar doesn't seem to be going the 343i route.

Ton of backlash? Reviewed insanely well, sold buckets, and had the fifth highest UU's on Xbox Live the last time Major Nelson posted them over five years after its release.

Lots of people are still loving the shit out of GTA IV.

Ton of backlash? Reviewed insanely well, sold buckets, and had the fifth highest UU's on Xbox Live the last time Major Nelson posted them over five years after its release.

Only in the world of GAF, the same world where everyone is a PC gamer, nobody plays Call of Duty, and every obscure Japanese game that releases in the U.S. is 10/10 worthy.

wwm0nkey

GTAV will be awesome.

Also I am kind of tempted to make a Halo CE play thread. I know the Halo 2 one died with a quickness but a decent amount of people actually bought CE lol

Enfinit

So hyped for gtaV. It'll be my first GTA game. Maybe it'll curb my LOL addiction too haha.

Do yourself a favor and play San Andreas or Vice City before GTA V. You dare to call yourself a gamer!

Both are ridiculously cheap, if you don't have a PS2 they're on PC/Steam for super cheap.

Striker

You can point Halo 4 in that same realm... minus the online population. Selling well was bound to happen because of its name brand, and reviews were in the same boat (those were always inflated; GTA IV was one of Edge's perfect 10's). I love the GTA series, but IV was a big downgrade; Liberty City couldn't have been a more boring area to play in.

You can point Halo 4 in that same realm... minus the online population. Selling well was bound to happen because of its name brand, and reviews were in the same boat (those were always inflated; GTA IV was one of Edge's perfect 10's). I love the GTA series, but IV was a big downgrade; Liberty City couldn't have been a more boring area to play in.

Like Halo 4, except for the most important part. One of the most popular games today is one that came out over 5 years ago, how that is "tons of backlash" is beyond me. Any backlash against GTA IV is coming from the extreme minority.

I don't think the review point isn't that big of a deal, but if we're comparing to Halo 4, GTA IV was reviewed better than it's predecessors, Halo 4 was reviewed worse.

Of course, that doesn't invalidate complaints you personally have with the game.

Madness

Anyone getting this add security prompt for Xbox Live recently? For some reason it won't let me auto sign in to Live much anymore. Always keeps me disconnected while it tells me to add a second email, phone number etc.

My account is secure, same Hotmail I've used since 97, I have no billing address or credit card info etc. Anyway to turn it off permanently without giving more information for MS to data mine, share, whatever.

FyreWulff

Anyone getting this add security prompt for Xbox Live recently? For some reason it won't let me auto sign in to Live much anymore. Always keeps me disconnected while it tells me to add a second email, phone number etc.

My account is secure, same Hotmail I've used since 97, I have no billing address or credit card info etc. Anyway to turn it off permanently without giving more information for MS to data mine, share, whatever.

Two factor authentication is a good thing. It doesn't matter if your account is secure when accounts can be attacked via external processes.

You're not really going to be able to disable it because MS is tired of people getting account jacked.

Madness

Two factor authentication is a good thing. It doesn't matter if your account is secure when accounts can be attacked via external processes.

You're not really going to be able to disable it because MS is tired of people getting account jacked.

I understand that. Sure it's more secure, but then you can say three factor authentication is more secure than two factor.

Been nearly 16+ years, there hasn't been any problem so far. Like I said, don't have any CC info, billing addresses or anything. So even if the account gets jacked, I'd probably find out and they'd notice it's signed on from an unusual IP and not the same IP for the past 8+ years etc.

And then again, what would them having my phone number on record, log all my wireless details like my name, number, carrier really do for security no?

Maybe it's a sign of the times I guess. Thanks Fyre. Seems like I'll have to add a second email to the account then.

FyreWulff

I understand that. Sure it's more secure, but then you can say three factor authentication is more secure than two factor.

Been nearly 16+ years, there hasn't been any problem so far. Like I said, don't have any CC info, billing addresses or anything. So even if the account gets jacked, I'd probably find out and they'd notice it's signed on from an unusual IP and not the same IP for the past 8+ years etc.

And then again, what would them having my phone number on record, log all my wireless details like my name, number, carrier really do for security no?

Maybe it's a sign of the times I guess. Thanks Fyre. Seems like I'll have to add a second email to the account then.

Even if there's no contact information, you could still have MS points they could spend, etc. Your account could be stolen simply because you had played an EA game on 360. Didn't even need to get phished. Costs them time and money to unravel stolen accounts.

TCKaos

While this is true, it sucks that it's started happening out of the blue. My brother can't get in to his account because it's connected to a ten year old hotmail address that he's been locked out of due to security reasons, which we're unable to authenticate because the alternative email that would be used to authenticate it no longer exists because Yahoo started purging accounts that were no longer active.

Reminds me of this thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635961

Keep your shit updated, better safe than sorry.

mo60

The only way to get rid of that annoying problem madness is to create a second hotmail which is really easy to do.Use that account for getting those security codes.Make sure you are able to sign into your other email account to.Always use the send to other email account option when this problem appears.

Akai__

No news.

Spartan Assault is just ok, not worth buying Windows 8 tablet or a new phone to play it though.
Thanks.

I was planning to stream a playthrough of Spartan Assault, but I don't want to get Windows 8 for it, although I get it for free, from my university.

Top Bottom