• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

^ That.

Somebody posted this over at Halo Reddit.

Supposed post on /b/ from a 343i employee a few weeks back.

OW15H9a.png

Could be fake.

Aim Down Sights, grappeling hooks... I'm kind of not suprised.

I'm gonna go with fake, but I bet a lot of those production issues are accurate and true anyways. I guess we will know if something cool is released for free.

http://i.imgur.com/OW15H9a.png[IMG]

Could be fake.

Aim Down Sights, grappeling hooks... I'm kind of not suprised.[/QUOTE]
Bleh. Any of us could throw that together.
Does that prove it's false? No. But once you indulge one, you indulge any of them.

Also, /b/? Yeah right. Of all places someone would go to post this, I don't think /b/ would be it. Reddit I could see. And they could anonymously verify themselves like that XOne hardware guy.

Nebula

It turned out that the killer was in the house the whole time.

It's ridiculous how much I said that CoD would kill itself one day, because nothing else is taking it down. I thought the same about Halo as well but never said it because I never wanted it to happen.

It's gamer culture man, it's a thing at 4chan too.

I can second this. Most 4chan users, /b/ specifically, would refer to themselves as ___fag. No idea why but it's pretty much the norm there.

m23

I saw Elysium. Great movie. It makes me so fucking bummed we never got his Halo film. His love of gore would translate really well for some Needler kills.

I think it was an okay movie, District 9 was much better imo. But yeah, I would have loved to see him make a Halo movie.

Enfinit

Palmer will be the least of the concerns if loadouts and AA are emphasized. At the end of it all who cares about the story months or years post launch? It's more important to nail multiplayer mechanics for longevity.

But.... longevity doesn't make money on that initial sale... so we're all fucked. Palmer and loadouts confirmed.
Unfortunately, that makes the most sense given the direction the Halo franchise is going.
I'm sure Titanfall is the game the people who used to work at Infinity Ward (now working at Respawn Entertainment) said is going to be a Halo killer. We never got a name for the game then, but I'm not hearing about any other games coming from them, so it must have been about Titanfall.

edit: Article about it here.
Eh, maybe. we had a huge discussion on Titanfall a couple pages back, and I still have yet to find anything about it to get hyped for. I'm more stoked for Halo Xbox One than Titanfall, and that's saying a lot.

Could be fake.

Aim Down Sights, grappeling hooks... I'm kind of not suprised.
It's just as possible to be as real as it is fake; there's been a ton of postings like this in /b/'s past. There was a post not too long ago allegedly from a WWE writer, and everything he said turned out to be true.

Granted, nothing in this letter can be confirmed or denied given the fact that none of us works at 343i, save for Ellis shouting "Really?" If this were true, why would he acknowledge it.

Kotaku headline: "343 Industries Developer Says Halo 4 "Sucked". True or false, I'd be denying it too if I worked for 343i.
It turned out that the killer was in the house the whole time.
Halo screwed Halo.

Yea, Palmer stinks.

Sweet. Orge 2's one of my favorite players to watch. However, did he even do anything to earn that invite?

IHaveIce

Banned
That makes more sense. Where's HaloGAF's invites?
Well we didn't do anything here at GAF other than say how shitty the game is and ramble about it since it released, but well many posters here already fixed it in theory before it released....

Beyond do some cool video content, although I dislike Saucey ...

But I think 343 now gives away way too much invites, are those invites with flight and hotel?

Edit: Oh yeah and that /b/ picture is fake and not written by a real 343 employee, but the thing is ... it sounds like a believable story for Halo 4.

Enfinit

Well we didn't do anything here at GAF other than say how shitty the game is and ramble about it since it released, but well many posters here already fixed it in theory before it released....

Beyond do some cool video content, although I dislike Saucey ...

But I think 343 now gives away way too much invites, are those invites with flight and hotel?

Edit: Oh yeah and that /b/ picture is fake and not written by a real 343 employee, but the thing is ... it sounds like a believable story for Halo 4.

What other communities got invites? Beyond got some obviously, but that makes sense seeing that they're really the only Halo-oriented site that puts out content with an emphasis on competitiveness. I believe RUL got some, but RUL doesn't do a lot of game-bashing, and Greenskull's got connections to 343i staff (not that either of those things or bad).

What other "communities" got invites to 343i? I haven't seen anything addressed to the Waypoint community, there's no threads or anything on their forums regarding representation from them. I haven't seen anything from The Halo Council either, although I don't know where they stand as a functioning Halo community. What about HBO, or other smaller communities?

Speaking of communities, there's only really 5 main Halo communities I can think of:
- Waypoint
- HaloGAF
- Beyond
- RUL
- HBO

Waypoint is 343i's child, so they speak for themselves. RUL is more than Halo, as Halo is just a sub-community within them. HBO isn't very large in population, so it's more like a club than a community to me. Beyond and GAF are really the only two competitive communities with more than 50+ active members. Nothing against any of the other communities, but that's just how I see it. Forging communities like ForgeCafe, XForgery, and the Halo Wheelman are dwindling, as is the Halo groups on Bnet.

So, when 343i says "several well-known and competitive gaming communities have also received a specified amount of invites each", who, exactly, are they talking about?

I'm pretty sure that bitter assholes* don't get invited anywhere, unless you have dump trucks full of money.
We're assholes because we care the most. I love Halo just as much, if not more, than the next player. But I'm not going to suck 343i's dick unless I have a reason to suck it.

What other communities got invites? Beyond got some obviously, but that makes sense seeing that they're really the only Halo-oriented site that puts out content with an emphasis on competitiveness. I believe RUL got some, but RUL doesn't do a lot of game-bashing, and Greenskull's got connections to 343i staff (not that either of those things or bad).

What other "communities" got invites to 343i? I haven't seen anything addressed to the Waypoint community, there's no threads or anything on their forums regarding representation from them. I haven't seen anything from The Halo Council either, although I don't know where they stand as a functioning Halo community. What about HBO, or other smaller communities?

Speaking of communities, there's only really 5 main Halo communities I can think of:
- Waypoint
- HaloGAF
- Beyond
- RUL
- HBO

Waypoint is 343i's child, so they speak for themselves. RUL is more than Halo, as Halo is just a sub-community within them. HBO isn't very large in population, so it's more like a club than a community to me. Beyond and GAF are really the only two competitive communities with more than 50+ active members. Nothing against any of the other communities, but that's just how I see it. Forging communities like ForgeCafe, XForgery, and the Halo Wheelman are dwindling, as is the Halo groups on Bnet.

So, when 343i says "several well-known and competitive gaming communities have also received a specified amount of invites each", who, exactly, are they talking about?

We're assholes because we care the most. I love Halo just as much, if not more, than the next player. But I'm not going to suck 343i's dick unless I have a reason to suck it.

I don't think HaloGAF has more than 50+ members...

If we counted up, we'd probably be at 20 or so active posters in HaloGAF.

Enfinit

Doesn't Reddit have a big Halo thread?

Yes, yes they do! I forgot about them. Although, like RUL, they're stereotyped as not being a negative community, like HaloGAF. However, I haven't heard anything about r/Halo getting any invites either.

Maybe it's just me, but if I wanted feedback on my product, I'm going straight to the assholes that shit all over it. They're the ones that know what's wrong. They're the ones that won't be shy or star-struck when I ask them why some aspects of my product are shit. They're the ones that are going to sit there and demonstrate why parts of my product don't work correctly. They're going to tell you what's shit because they care enough to find the flaws in it. The last thing I'm going to do is go straight towards the people that are going to do nothing but tell me positive things. That doesn't help me or my product grow at all.

Not that this is 343i's intention with the Halo 4 Global Championship, but it certainly was with the weapon-tuning update.

Bottom line, we need to get some ass hole representation at the #Halo4GC.

Nebula

To be honest, the numbers to be classed as a community of a significant size has probably dropped since Reach. 20+ members is pretty good at this point, and don't forget we're on a forum that isn't massively easy to get on.

Oh look top of page. I got Origin codes for humble bundle stuff, but no DS3 or BF3. PM me if you want a game.

Enfinit

If we counted up, we'd probably be at 20 or so active posters in HaloGAF.
Looking at the post count for this thread, the top 50 posters have at least 40 posts (the thread has a little over 7,000). That's active enough for me. The #50 poster has 43 posts in this thread. That means they've visited/refreshed/whatever this thread over 40 times since it's creation. That's active.

we are like less than 20 playing actively Halo.
That's true. There's like 5 people in this thread that play Halo 4 regularly. That's because the active posters in this thread bitch and bitch about Halo 4's problems, in both extremely constructive and extremely non-constructive ways, but virtually nothing gets done. Or it takes so long for something to change they lose interest.

Top Bottom