• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

TCKaos

It's just as possible to be as real as it is fake; there's been a ton of postings like this in /b/'s past. There was a post not too long ago allegedly from a WWE writer, and everything he said turned out to be true.

The night of the new Breaking Bad episode someone posted on /b/ saying they were an editor, and that the final words of the episode were "tread lightly."

So, y'know. This stuff does actually happen fairly often. That's how Sonic Generations actually got leaked, if I remember right. Some guy on /v/ essentially announced the game a week or two before Sega did.

Nebula

The night of the new Breaking Bad episode someone posted on /b/ saying they were an editor, and that the final words of the episode were "tread lightly."

So, y'know. This stuff does actually happen fairly often. That's how Sonic Generations actually got leaked, if I remember right. Some guy on /v/ essentially announced the game a week or two before Sega did.

Yeah 4chan seems to be a leakers haven. Say what they need to say. Get called troll or liar but someone caps the post and then bam it's right.

Enfinit

If I were in a position where I could leak something, why not (excluding NDA and morality reasons)? 4chan's the place to do it. If you're right, it's exciting and a lot of people freak out. If you're wrong, who cares. It's anonymous, that's what makes it fun.

Fuchsdh

The obvious corollary is that because some legit leaks happen it becomes a far more inviting way to make something up and have it given consideration. Who cares that much about rumors.

wwm0nkey

Shit, might have to buy Gears 1 PC before it's gone. I have little to no faith that it'll be put on Steam and ew to physical PC games.

They got a pretty big ex-Valve guy that was HEAVILY involved with Steam so hopefully he knocks enough sense into MS to just put shit on Steam....if only ShadowRun would happen :c

heckfu

Banned
343 could learn from double helix in terms of staying true to a franchise.

this thread tho

beating-a-dead-horse-2.jpg

Nebula

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lww2dO-Pp4U

What is this? I'm sure people were saying all this kind of stuff before Halo 4 was released. Calling Halo 4 the make or break for the Halo franchise and all that stuff, now Halo 5/One is being called that. I'm sensing a cycle starting.

Tweeted it at 343 because they had the misfortune of tweeting just after I tweeted the video out.

Zoolader

What is this? I'm sure people were saying all this kind of stuff before Halo 4 was released. Calling Halo 4 the make or break for the Halo franchise and all that stuff, now Halo 5/One is being called that. I'm sensing a cycle starting.

Tweeted it at 343 because they had the misfortune of tweeting just after I tweeted the video out.

I feel Halo 4 was the breaker for me. I've just upgraded my pc, canceled Live on my upcoming 8th year, and about to sell my two 360's and have no intention of buying an Xbox one. Now if Halo 3 ever gets a pc release I will have absolutely zero regrets.

Nebula

I feel Halo 4 was the breaker for me. I've just upgraded my pc, canceled Live on my upcoming 8th year, and about to sell my two 360's and have no intention of buying an Xbox one. Now if Halo 3 ever gets a pc release I will have absolutely zero regrets.

I'm going PC next gen as well, and I have about 10 months of live left. Not renewing after that. I'll probably stay current gen and pick up what I can. Halo 3 on PC would be perfect.

He thinks halo 4 was good if you see his first vid, he doesn't know nothing either.

Mix

What an awful voice

practically...

But I do agree with him. I think the Halo community really needs to band together to get, at the very least, Halo 3 level quality back into the franchise. I enjoyed humoring 343 on the whole Halo 4 MP changes, but I don't like where it ended up at. TU and Legendary BR are steps in the right direction. Unfortunately, we need leaps and bounds better than that.

Nebula

practically...

But I do agree with him. I think the Halo community really needs to band together to get, at the very least, Halo 3 level quality back into the franchise. I enjoyed humoring 343 on the whole Halo 4 MP changes, but I don't like where it ended up at. TU and Legendary BR are steps in the right direction. Unfortunately, we need leaps and bounds better than that.

Don't forgot the time it takes them to change things. That is an area the definitely need to improve in.

Getting the community together won't do anything.

Shit, look how long the community discussed and came together to complain about SMG/AR starts. Endless threads on all major Halo forums. Constant complaining...

9 years later?

AR starts in Halo 4.

Mix

Shit, look how long the community discussed and came together to complain about SMG/AR starts. Endless threads on all major Halo forums. Constant complaining...

9 years later?

AR starts in Halo 4.

But hey, at least the AR in 4 is actually worth a damn.

Nebula

9 years later?

AR starts in Halo 4.

Wacky idea guys.

Let's just stop giving 343 money if we're unhappy with the product.

Mix

The Dying light stuff looks interesting. I don't know how I feel about the lighting yet though. On one hand, it's absolutely terrible at times, but on the other, it's pre-alpha footage so it'll most likely change.

Mix

They do.

It's just not feedback you post because you want halo ce 2 in 2013

fucking lol

Halo CE2 would be fucking GOAT halo
EDIT: Also, I can't handle all the bad ass stuff in this GTA Online trailer. It's a bummer that you have to wait a couple weeks, but by the time I get it, it'll be out already. I quit my job today because fuck my life lol

Nebula

fucking lol

Halo CE2 would be fucking GOAT halo
EDIT: Also, I can't handle all the bad ass stuff in this GTA Online trailer. It's a bummer that you have to wait a couple weeks, but by the time I get it, it'll be out already. I quit my job today because fuck my life lol

Think of the GTA thing this way. You get time to familiarize yourself with the game and the get a lay of the land and probably complete the story mode, then BAM! Multiplayer up the wazoo.

I like it.

I'll complain. But I'll buy Halo 5. I am the problem.

I bought the season pass for Halo 4 despite me not really liking the game. Not bought anything else though and I'm definitely not touching the upcoming DLC. If I get a PC like I'm planning to, then Halo 5 will definitely be a none issue for me.

FyreWulff

Somebody posted this over at Halo Reddit.

Supposed post on /b/ from a 343i employee a few weeks back.

OW15H9a.png

Could be fake.

Aim Down Sights, grappeling hooks... I'm kind of not suprised.

'Reach's engine is 90% hacks made by Bungie to make systems originally implemented in Halo 1 and 2 do things they were never meant to do'

lol. the only systems left from halo 1 and 2 would still be doing the job they needed to do. Reach's engine has a completely new LOD system, doesn't have Halo 1's physics, has a better lighting engine than Halo 2, can handle more draw distance than Halo 3, has an entirely new multiplayer gametype engine.. the tag system didn't need any total rewrites to keep working.

Shit, Halo 1's engine didn't even support bumpmapping bipeds. They could only have bumpmaps on world geometry.

"completely outsourced multiplayer to CA"

We know CA did Dominion and some maps but we also know for a fact CA didn't do the entire thing. CA also released two games while Halo 4 was in development. Don't think they would have had the time if they were entirely co-devving the game.

paraphrasing "once we had Slayer running, we kept running out of script memory"

Uh, the only game script that constantly ran out of memory in Reach was Invasion. Slayer is one of the smallest scripts you can make, even WITH GO/PO hooks implemented. If you think about it, Flag Slayer is Slayer with the entire CTF engine running on top of it.. and that's with Neutral Flag support on top of that, and the 'flaming feet' functionality on top of that. And they ran out of memory after implementing Slayer? Not everything in multiplayer is handled by Megalo, but let's also remember they cut the entire ability to play Elites in multiplayer, which would have given them loads more headroom. They even have the spare memory left -post ship- to add even more weapon skins, which are essentially their own weapons, on top of the existing ones. And more armor. Doesn't sound like 343 is under a memory crunch in the slightest.

Top Bottom