• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Dude in FB NeoGAF group posted this interesting tidbit. Hope it turns out to be true than just a rumor.

Here’s some interesting news, and depending on how you take it depends on the result. GamerFitNation recently held an interview with Kevin Grace, to talk about HALO: Spartan Assault.

Apparently BlackBible, who was conducting the interview was told something before the camera was rolling when he said “Halo 5 is coming to next gen”, and Kevin replied with “Wait, no one confirmed Halo 5“. But when the camera was rolling Kevin said:

“We’re not done with Masterchief, obviously the big teaser we had at E3 there’s more fun coming for him. Whether that’s Halo 5 whether that’s something else we’ll talk about that later, but we’re not done with chief in the shooters not by a long shot.”
Source

TheOddOne

Halo 4: Spartan IV: Spartan Blops II: Tales From Sarah Pulmur: Something Something Cortana Was Never Dead: John Junior Was Born Via Nanomachines.

TheOddOne

This might be interesting considering this.

The Last Months Of LucasArts (And A Glimpse Of Battlefront III)
In the coming months, up until just a couple of weeks ago, LucasArts staff were working on three projects: Star Wars: First Assault, Star Wars 1313, and a smaller project internally referred to as “Version Two,” according to two sources familiar with the situation.

Kotaku has obtained video footage of this “Version Two” project (See above website)
There were two Star Wars FPS's in development: First Assault was the more arena based and Version Two (Which was going to be turned into Battlefront III) was more like Battlefield.

Version Two looked great and kind of could be the direction Halo's BTB is going.

Halo 4: Spartan IV: Spartan Blops II: Tales From Sarah Pulmur: Something Something Cortana Was Never Dead: John Junior Was Born Via Nanomachines.
John is in a heavy coma.

All he's ever dreamed was to know what it's like being out there in the cosmic ocean; wondered if something else out there has ever felt the same way.

Growing up, his parents never had enough time for him. So he imagines they're all going out to the beach with his younger brother.

He feel asleep one night not remembering the noises being made in his bedroom as he was carried by someone and saw a glimpse of a man going inside his parents bedroom while closing the door behind him. His eyes were so very heavy he couldn't help but fell back to sleep.

Little john woked up in a small room wearing a white outfit feeling disoriented on the cooled floor not knowing where he was or what had happened. Looking out from the glass he can see many others cells like his. He was freighted inside. And from the outside he looked emotionless. Curled up in a ball sitting in the empty room all by himself not able to see anyone else through the large window.

Until he heard someone. He looked up and there stood someone else staring at him. Observing him. John stared back into the abyss not once did he blinked into it.

Then the person spoke his name saying "Hello John.. My name is Dr. Halsey."

Toxi

Banned
And Dr. Tillson, who you see for like five seconds. The entire Composer level was written and designed fairly well, honestly. It's my favorite level in the game. It's essentially an up-front version of one of those sub-narratives you would see in Halo 3, like how Sierra-117 is actually about a skirmish with a single Brute pack led by a Chieftan who antagonizes you for the entire mission, whom you defeat at the end.
I'd agree, but then I found the door glitch.

How the hell did that pass through QA testing? I've never had a level-breaking glitch in another Halo game, and I've played a lot of Halo campaigns.

I'd agree, but then I found the door glitch.

How the hell did that pass through QA testing? I've never had a level-breaking glitch in another Halo game, and I've played a lot of Halo campaigns.
The glitch doesn't make the level unplayable, so I don't understand what the problem is. Do you feel obligated to use the glitch every time you play it?

FyreWulff

I've never had a level-breaking glitch in another Halo game

Getting through the locked door on Silent Cartographer

Skipping through most windows and walls with a sword in Halo 2

Skipping most of Floodgate, standing on top of the door on Halo

Going through the gate on Nightfall

Skipping through the energy wall on Last Exit

Halo has had a proud history of at least one broken door per game, sir

Toxi

Banned
The glitch doesn't make the level unplayable, so I don't understand what the problem is. Do you feel obligated to use the glitch every time you play it?
No, the level isn't unplayable. It's just obnoxious having to restart it during a co-op game, since whatever triggered the glitch happened before the checkpoint.

It's the one in the room with the two hunters and the scientists; for some reason, the door sometimes doesn't unlock after killing them.

Getting through the locked door on Silent Cartographer

Skipping through most windows and walls with a sword in Halo 2

Skipping most of Floodgate, standing on top of the door on Halo

Going through the gate on Nightfall

Skipping through the energy wall on Last Exit

Halo has had a proud history of at least one broken door per game, sir
At least those doors didn't stop your progress. Previous Halo games were buggy with stuff like falling through the level, but I never found a glitch that bad.

Nebula

No, the level isn't unplayable. It's just obnoxious having to restart it during a co-op game, since whatever triggered the glitch happened before the checkpoint.

It's the one in the room with the two hunters and the scientists; for some reason, the door sometimes doesn't unlock after killing them.

At least those doors didn't stop your progress. Previous Halo games were buggy with stuff like falling through the level, but I never found a glitch that bad.

The only time I encountered a game breaking glitch was in SpOps where for some reason when we died we spawned above this corridor and we couldn't get out after trying for 20 minutes. It was one of the last episodes released I think. Not encountered any in past games though.

Also your avatar doesn't load for me, not sure if it's my end or not though.

Omni

I remember jetpacking over a rock wall on that yucky orange mission in Halo 4 (the one with the Mammoth) and breaking the level. Thought I was taking a shortcut on my Legendary run... but nope. I had to restart because the flying purple dildo never came. That was fun.

Halo could totally have a presentation on the same level as CoD just did. Sure they can't get big names like Ijustine and FPS Russia, but they can get their own Big Names like:

Smosh
RoosterTeeth

In terms of celebrities, well they have Nathan Fillion and they have the biggest, most mainstream celebrity at their disposable.

normal_22.jpg

The mother fucking Biebs.

Easy parts are getting MLG pros to play and live play the game. Also, get the girl who presented Halo at the Xbox One reveal and E3 to talk to the crowd, she did a good job then, she could do one for a multiplayer reveal.

You know what? I'd be all down for them hyping up a Multiplayer reveal. If it a reveal of classic, back to the basics Halo multiplayer in Halo One, I'd be hyped and excited!

Do we really want to pile in the chubby Castle otakus right next to the underage girls though?

Madness

Seems like free roam/multiplayer of GTA IV/Red Dead Redemption combined with added things to do.

So excited for this game. Will easily be one of the most played games ever.

Edit: just read that it won't all necessarily be there at launch and that it'll come after two weeks or something. Guessing games development is progressing to point where even large studios having trouble meeting deadlines I guess.

Nebula

How is it like Forge though? You can't really create anything in the world? Seems like free roam/multiplayer of GTA IV/Red Dead Redemption combined with added things to do.

So excited for this game. Will easily be one of the most played games ever.

I played GTA IV on and off until it stopped letting me after my brother did a license transfer. Fantastic game to mess about on, and it looks like I'll be doing a ton more messing around on V.

Halo 4 should have brought racing with it. I loved that so much.

As long as it makes it in the game at some point, I'm OK with them taking time to make sure it works.

The campaign was so unappealing to me that I forgot the names of the levels and thought you were talking about the 'glitch' where you could skip most of the Forerunner encounters when you're flying in the Pelican. A glitch that stops forward momentum is pretty bad, but that's my general consensus on the Halo 4 as a whole. I have zero desire to play the game after taking a long break from it, so I might as well trade it in for something on my wish list.

Nowise10

Any of you ever encountered the glitch on The Composer, where you are playing co-op with friends ,and if you hit the switches to open up those air lock doors so the enemies go flying out, but then then the game reverts back to to Rally Point Bravo?

Its pretty odd, has happened a few times when playing. I've been told it happens when you assassinate a jackal and then hit the switch to open the air locks But I havent been able to replicate it

Enfinit

If Sarah Palmer is a major character in Halo 5, I'm not buying it. Simple as that.

Also, remember when games back in the day used to be called "Halo killers"? As in "such-and-such studios for Sony are working on the next 'Halo killer'"? Good times.

Nebula

If Sarah Palmer is a major character in Halo 5, I'm not buying it. Simple as that.

Also, remember when games back in the day used to be called "Halo killers"? As in "such-and-such studios for Sony are working on the next 'Halo killer'"? Good times.

I'm sure Titanfall is the game the people who used to work at Infinity Ward (now working at Respawn Entertainment) said is going to be a Halo killer. We never got a name for the game then, but I'm not hearing about any other games coming from them, so it must have been about Titanfall.

edit: Article about it here.

willow ve

Palmer will be the least of the concerns if loadouts and AA are emphasized. At the end of it all who cares about the story months or years post launch? It's more important to nail multiplayer mechanics for longevity.

But.... longevity doesn't make money on that initial sale... so we're all fucked. Palmer and loadouts confirmed.

HA! The only two I can think of were the makers of Resistance & Killzone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit if Palmer becomes the main character in the Halo series. It seems like that's a very real possibility, given the extraordinary amount of attention she's gotten.

Any of you ever encountered the glitch on The Composer, where you are playing co-op with friends ,and if you hit the switches to open up those air lock doors so the enemies go flying out, but then then the game reverts back to to Rally Point Bravo?

Its pretty odd, has happened a few times when playing. I've been told it happens when you assassinate a jackal and then hit the switch to open the air locks But I havent been able to replicate it

Yeah it happens more in coop when you hit the switch and your partner is fighting tthe room enemies, the game crashes, black screen and load the last check point.
It feels like the game runs out of memory, the best way to avoid it is kill the room enemies fast before do the vent door kills

GTA Online has Forge, basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

RIP HALO.

:p

It have a insane easy to make interface for customs. cant wait to play it

Ghazi

Palmer's hot, Master Chef can make a living off of seeling George Foreman grills, Arby doesn't exist anymore in the new canon but I bet he's getting bunch of girls back home, RIP unnamed covenant heroes #1 & #2.

The series isn't dead, Palmer's saving it. Frankie can Palmer have a more revealing battlesuit in Halo 5 plz plz plz?

I'm thinking something along the lines of Jill Valentine's costume from RE5.

Make it happen, Kevin Franklin.

Nebula

^ Is Lasky taking a peek?

Palmer's hot, Master Chef can make a living off of seeling George Foreman grills, Arby doesn't exist anymore in the new canon but I bet he's getting bunch of girls back home, RIP unnamed covenant heroes #1 & #2.

The series isn't dead, Palmer's saving it. Frankie can Palmer have a more revealing battlesuit in Halo 5 plz plz plz?

I'm thinking something along the lines of Jill Valentine's costume from RE5.

Make it happen, Kevin Franklin.

Only if your avatar gets more revealing armor and has chocolate syrup instead of OJ.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Palmer could have been cool, but damn, she's so terribly written.

John is in a heavy coma.

All he's ever dreamed was to know what it's like being out there in the cosmic ocean; wondered if something else out there has ever felt the same way.

Growing up, his parents never had enough time for him. So he imagines they're all going out to the beach with his younger brother.

He feel asleep one night not remembering the noises being made in his bedroom as he was carried by someone and saw a glimpse of a man going inside his parents bedroom while closing the door behind him. His eyes were so very heavy he couldn't help but fell back to sleep.

Little john

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

Anyone playing Halo 4 today? Called in sick to work for shiggles.

Haze...lol
How was Haze? Never cared to play it..
I laughed at the chatter spreading for Resistance being the One to kill Halo.
Game played like crap, imho.

When the new Killzone was shown at E3 this year same thing again, "Its gonna Kill Halo".

The multiplayer is fun but needs more to even match next to Halo, BF, CoD gameplay.

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

Anyone playing Halo 4 today? Called in sick to work for shiggles.
Spartan-Thug-Life

I saw Elysium. Great movie. It makes me so fucking bummed we never got his Halo film. His love of gore would translate really well for some Needler kills.

Holy shit if Palmer becomes the main character in the Halo series. It seems like that's a very real possibility, given the extraordinary amount of attention she's gotten.

Oh god, I hope not. She is seriously unbelievably fucking annoying and cringe-worthy. Maybe they can redeem her in future titles by dialing back her character and dialing back the voice acting, but at this point I really hope they kill her off. The entire group of Spartan IVs are incredibly unlikeable, and they really don't feel like Spartans at all. They really need to capture the right style when including Spartans in future games, bring them back to the legends they were in the books, or have them at least seem like decent companions for MC.

TCKaos

Wait... There are people doubting there will be a Halo 5?

Well, we know it's going to be a fifth Halo game, but 343 has been very reluctant to call it Halo 5. From what it sounds like it's possible that they're making a spin-off series, like the Black-Ops/World at War to Modern Warfare.

And it's possible that the Chief might not be the protagonist.

Nebula

Well, we know it's going to be a fifth Halo game, but 343 has been very reluctant to call it Halo 5. From what it sounds like it's possible that they're making a spin-off series, like the Black-Ops/World at War to Modern Warfare.

And it's possible that the Chief might not be the protagonist.

343 and Certain Affinity are going to tag team the Halo series like Treyarch and IW do with COD.

BigShow36

Oh god, I hope not. She is seriously unbelievable fucking annoying and cringe-worthy. Maybe they can redeem her in future titles by dialing back her character and dialing back the voice acting, but at this point I really hope they kill her off. The entire group of Spartan IVs are incredibly unlikeable, and they really don't feel like Spartans at all. They really need to capture the right style when including Spartans in future games, bring them back to the legends they were in the books, or have them at least seem like decent companions for MC.

Seems like she would be a perfect fit for Halo's current gameplay.

Top Bottom