• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

They cant even make a original armor, huh?

You're joking, right? I think its awesome that they based it off of an unused design, I would love to see a bunch on the old concept come to life one way or another. Some of these would make really cool armor options:

gkdw2pa.png

sUmSmHa.jpg

zlkEkzT.jpg

K9fYxLm.jpg

There are bunch more out there that I would also like to see come to life in the future.. it would still be new in terms of actual game looks, but also familiar to fans of the art, etc.

Fuchsdh

You're joking, right? I think its awesome that they based it off of an unused design, I would love to see a bunch on the old concept come to life one way or another. Some of these would make really cool armor options:

There are bunch more out there that I would also like to see come to life in the future.. it would still be new in terms of actual game looks, but also familiar to fans of the art, etc.

I'd also like for them to just treat 90% of the armor as test designs or prototypes. The amount of armor post-Halo 3 got stupid from a logistics standpoint, but the flavor text suggesting all the stuff in Halo 4 saw use in counter-ops stretches credulity.

Oh yea I wanted Devo to apply for any of those UI jobs.

I mean I don't know shit about it but I know what looks and works good so ya Frankie, Hire me! (I'm actually unemployed now)

daedalius

This thread is bad. I really have no idea why I keep looking at it.

Must be that train wreck sort of thing.

Ricochet is pretty badass.

Booshka

This thread is bad. I really have no idea why I keep looking at it.

Ricochet is pretty badass.

Halo 4 is bad. I really have no idea why I keep talking about Halo.

PC gaming is pretty badass.

nillapuddin

Nostalgia is a bitch when confronted with jetpack, camo, and prom vision. Just look at how lockout or the pit play now.

map makers cannot change the game.

But jetpack will not ruin my Turf
I have a trait zone applied on the upper rim of the map that disables AA's and forces gravity downwards

Tawpgun

The cheapest offering is 480 points? Whaaat.

What a fucking rip off.

1. 2 maps for over 400 points wat?

2. Even if you wanted to its not like you can buy 480 points. You're gonna need to spend 10$ for 800 points to buy it.

Fuck.

blamite

What a fucking rip off.

2. Even if you wanted to its not like you can buy 480 points. You're gonna need to spend 10$ for 800 points to buy it.

Fuck.

Its cheaper per-map than like every other Halo map pack though?

6 bucks for 2 maps = 3 bucks per map. Normally it'd be like $3.33 each (3 maps for $10) so it's not a huge discount or anything but still not really a bad deal?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

What a fucking rip off.

Fuck.

1. 3 maps = 800 MSP = $10; 2 maps should = 533 MSP = $3.33

2. Switching to local currency soon.

Pit in H4 = .34 cents

Vertigo = .12 cents

Total map pack should cost .46 cents.

Add the armor and perks and new gametype and it should cost .35 cents total.

I wonder if there's any money to be made allowing for individual DLC map purchases at a slightly higher price. Say about $3.50 individually or save money buying the Castle Bundle for $7.77.

Think H2 DLC map quality.

Yea or it should be priced based on the number of downloads. So when the downloads slow down the price goes down.

YEAAAAA. Fuck MS charging full price for everything forever, especially when it sucks B.

nillapuddin

So I saw the custom cover art thread, mindblown, decided needed customs for game collection

(the Halo collection looks so shitty next to each other, all different colors, sizes, fonts)

So I am going for a uniform look, the cover is cool and all, but obviously the spine is the only thing that will really be shown, here are some previews.. (obviously downscaled substantially)

what do yall think?
suggestions for Halo: CE art plz, so hard to find "art art" thats HQ from back then

JDHarbs

So I saw the custom cover art thread, mindblown, decided needed customs for game collection

(the Halo collection looks so shitty next to each other, all different colors, sizes, fonts)

So I am going for a uniform look, the cover is cool and all, but obviously the spine is the only thing that will really be shown, [/URL="http://imgur.com/a/8mrQi"]here are some previews..[/URL] (obviously downscaled substantially)

what do yall think?
suggestions for Halo: CE art plz, so hard to find "art art" thats HQ from back then
Technically this is a HCEA concept, but I still think it would make a great cover. Just needs some text.

Edit: Didn't see that preview link.

halo_anniversary_ost_concept_cover.jpg

So I am going for a uniform look, the cover is cool and all, but obviously the spine is the only thing that will really be shown, here are some previews.. (obviously downscaled substantially)

what do yall think?
Thought this was cool

Omni

what do yall think?
Should have used this for CEA

Striker

Its cheaper per-map than like every other Halo map pack though?
They did Tombstone and Desolation for $4 in 2006. The other two map packs were two for $5 (but you were getting two more for free) and then the big pack with five for $12.

Halo map packs nowadays are a rip off, especially when they're rarely seen in MM.

PNut

Banned
So legendary slayer will move to the infinity slayer playlist?

I hope people will actually play it in that playlist.

Doubtful unless you go in with partial to full team. The people left playing IS are the ones that actually enjoy IS settings for whatever reason. Legendary BR's will get some votes for sure tho.

mo60

Doubtful unless you go in with partial to full team. The people left playing IS are the ones that actually enjoy IS settings for whatever reason. Legendary BR's will get some votes for sure tho.

I just hope it's voted sometimes like slayer pro and not barely voted for.I don't want to play IS all the time.

Bulletin said:
Lastly, we’re updating the Pitfall map variant across the board so that the Shotgun is no longer placed on initial ordnance, but rather an on-map weapon. It will still be located in the same exact spot and respawn every three minutes, but will have one spare clip and will not have an ordnance indicator above it.

Intentional inconsistency on how weapon spawns are communicated to the player?

WHAT

Top Bottom