• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fotos

Saints Row IV isn't even remotely a Saints Row game. Doesn't feel anything like SR.

Halo

Edit: This was my UNO record a few months ago. Relevant.
EgnMMTO.jpg

Nebula

I like Saint's Row 3 more than 4 so far. But 4 has been great fun the few hours I've played.

Saints Row 4 looks like a great doss about game. Not sure I expect any more from it, but at least they've shown what it's about in adverts and videos so you can avoid it if it's not for you.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Saints Row The Third with superpowers would be GOAT

And I feel that 4 is almost as good as 3, but in the 4 hours I've played, it's missing some "holy shit moments". Aside from the beginning, which was awesome.

Booshka

AA's/Magic don't work for competitive arena shooters. They just don't.

The closest they've ever came to getting it right was equipment in Halo 3. Had they just tweaked that slightly we could've been okay.

But then 343 gave us sprint, loadouts, flinch, perks and AA's

To be honest they don't work in any competitive mode. Playing Reach casually was frustrating because of bullshit like armor lock.

Can't wait to almost kill a guy then have him throw a super bomb at me and instagib me.

Because Shadowrun wasn't balanced?

Thing I like about Shadowrun is the clear distinction between weapons, magic and tech. They intentionally designed the mechanics so there was almost no overlap in their function. Big decision they made that makes the magic in Shadowrun balanced and fun is that it doesn't replicate a weapon, it's not offensive in the sense of dealing damage like a Gun would.

This blog from way back details a lot of this, and I think it is key to why Shadowrun was so balanced.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/fasa_studio/2007/05/02/quick-and-dirty-shadowrun

With Destiny, it looks like they are going full on with the Offensive Magic, and that may or may not work for Competitive Multiplayer.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is Saints Row 4 really that good? Is it worth the 60 bucks, or should I wait for the price to drop? It looks like they recycled a lot from 3, but I've never played it, so I doubt it would matter much. It looks a lot like Crackdown, too (there's no achievement for getting all the orbs, right?).

Is Saints Row 4 really that good? Is it worth the 60 bucks, or should I wait for the price to drop? It looks like they recycled a lot from 3, but I've never played it, so I doubt it would matter much. It looks a lot like Crackdown, too (there's no achievement for getting all the orbs, right?).

There's an achievement, but according to Roosterteeth you get a map at some point in-game that displays the locations of all of them.

Omni

That good, I guess. Orb hunting in Crackdown is so tedious (haven't even finished yet. :/).

I have like 80 to go... It's getting harder. Doubt I'll ever find them all - though admittedly a large part of that is lack of interest. Once you get 4 star agility there's no point other than an extra 50GS in a game you're unlikely to finish 100% anyway.

FYC

Banned
As far as I can tell, the consensus is SR4 > SR3. I'm glad it turned out well.

Also I won a Halo avatar item on twitter. Whoopee

Mix

Just gotta say the Elzar is a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. Thanks for the shwag there buddy.

nillapuddin

We have done some tweaking for this basketball-ricochet game type, its come along pretty awesomely, anyone join and make it an even match? we have 5 right now

nillapuddin626

nillapuddin

It's pretty awesome. And with thruster pack you can do fadeaway shots.

indeed, we buffed out a few smudges and it was pretty damn fun!

I will take a second look at polishing this turd after dinner and post it up for yall to try out

Also, I like how he made it so it's impossible to get the ball in from the centre without doing a really high arc or really low arc.

thanks bud, and obviously tons of credit for inspiring me!

TCKaos

Got something stuck in my head the past couple of days. Remembered that a lot of Forgers have this problem:

- Make a map
- 3 days/weeks pass. Damnit. Messed up something, or need to change the description. Upload new version.
- ... wait, now everyone is pointed at the old file, instead of the updated file. Can't always change the file share link on old posts. Userbase is split now. And the files have been tag-bombed into oblivion, good luck relying on that. Shit, can't even remember all the places the link was posted at.

So I'm working on a Forge map URL not-shortener. Forgers can make a link. They post the link. They can then later change where this link points to in the link editor. It's locked to Halo Waypoint file share links, so you can't make the URL point to AwesomeMap and then switch it to a shock site later on or something like that. You can only change it from one Halo item to another.

I'll need to test this though, so just click on these links until my server blows up.

http://ftzulu.com/forgelink/17 - should go to "Super Cragmire"
http://ftzulu.com/forgelink/33910 - should go to "Z Fighting" by Pete the duck

there's no point into making it a full on URL shortener because twitter converts all links to t.co links anyway, even if they're already short.

launch features:

- make links
- change links

future features i'm planning:
- some sort of basic stats? hit counter, mostly.
- password protected links. because i can. (ie you could send a link to early testers, then remove it later for public release, without having to change your release post at all. i dunno. someone will come up with a clever use of this)
- file set functionality. as far as I can tell, Halo 4 still doesn't have file sets on Waypoint. So you will be able to change a forgelink to be a file set, and it'll show the group of files somehow (thinking on how I should do this in a way that will work on both desktop and mobile)

Glad someone is working on all of those features 343 has yet to implement.

Homeboyd

Saw you log in right as I was heading out, thought you were too cool for baschetball, but now that I know you're interested..

http://i.imgur.com/D9TeNtg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Haha man that shit is fun. Got a couple people in there. Droppin half court shots and dunkin on folks.

Edit: vvv yes

belushy

Banned
Does anyone know what all the labels for Ricochet in forge do? I tried some, like the RICO_INVINCIBLE one earlier and it didn't seem to do anything. I don't have that big of a familiarity with H4's forge and the label system. Been trying to make a One life/Round based Ricochet variant... not going well so far. We really need more customs options in future Halo games...

Does anyone know what all the labels for Ricochet in forge do? I tried some, like the RICO_INVINCIBLE one earlier and it didn't seem to do anything. I don't have that big of a familiarity with H4's forge and the label system. Been trying to make a One life/Round based Ricochet variant... not going well so far. We really need more customs options in future Halo games...

yup yup

http://www.certainaffinity.com/buzz/ricochet-game-type-labels/

Top Bottom