• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

IHaveIce

Banned
How about we do customs and give a shit about the playlists?

We play no sprint modded gametypes on the pit. No armor abilities, no loadouts?

I'm back from Gamescom and I did everything I wanted to here is my checklist what I did:
Played the Xbox One (Games I played: Dead Rising, Peggle2, Forza5, Lococycle, Project Spark)
Played the Ps4( Games I played: DriveClub and Knack)
Played all of the new Ubisoft titles that were there or watched them (Watchdogs, The Crew, The Devision)
Played Titanfall (GOTY)
Played Occulus Rift
Played Diablo on console (Ps3)
Played Pokemon X
Competed in the Halo 4 Global Championship Gamescom qualifier on Thursday.

Halo 4 on LAN, with good settings was a godsend, I played against the members of TEC.Vibe ( British Team) and Team Uprising ( German team) players of these teams were the only ones that beat me, I had a lot of wins, but just couldnt kick it off against Hybrid or Zyrus. But it was super fun, best Halo 4 I ever played.

THe system itself of the tourney was garbage, there was no limit on how many could attend, no restrictions how many loses you could have( you could just go back in line)

Got a lot of goodies. I forgot probably the half but it was okay, though Gamescom is horrible on normal public days. I had luck that I finished almost everything at the media day.

Woorloog

Banned
Finally found Silentium from a bookstore. Wasn't it released in March? Got previous books within two weeks of the launch, no idea why 5 month delay this time...
Also paid too much since it wasn't the pocket book (big softcover) but whatever, i really didn't care to wait any longer.
Figure i'll get third book of Kilo-5 trilogy too, as i have two out of three already (the trilogy kind of sucks. Traviss writes well other than her having to write her IRL opinions to her books). Will be my last Halo purchase for a long time... Probably.

Wonder if Bungie will have someone write books about Destiny?

daedalius

Good times playing tonight Kaos, Prinz, Daedalius, FUBAR, etc!

This game was particularly lulzy:

IxWEa3v.png

MURDER TIME FUN TIME

Nowise10

I would suggest you guys never go to r/halo.

It makes myself sad and disappointed that so much people on their will literally try to back up 343 for everything they do, as if its other peoples faults and such. And if you disagree or argue back? Well -24 downvotes for you.

aaaarrgghh cant pass my download because my console converted my points in money and the download requires points to download and dont register my points money. fffuuuuuuuuu

daedalius

It makes myself sad and disappointed that so much people on their will literally try to back up 343 for everything they do, as if its other peoples faults and such. And if you disagree or argue back? Well -24 downvotes for you.

Sounds like it sucks less than here.

I'll check it out.

Always good to see HaloGAF members actually enjoying playing Halo together.

M'dude, they don't know the meaning of fun.. They only know one thing, PULVERIZE!

Frankie resigned to play the Riddler in Man of Steel 2.

I thought he was going to play Ben Affleck playing Batman in the Man of Steel sequel?

Ask in the beta forum. It's a beta for a reason.

Link?

Sounds like it sucks less than here.

I'll check it out.

Sounds like the reason why Halo has no legs these days.

r/Halo is like slrp central. Its where intelligent discussion goes to slowly peter off.

Its like nickleback. They know they're mediocre/bad/wrong and they're okay with it.

nillapuddin

Hey guys I work pretty much all this weekend so I wanted to put this out there before I head out

After the aforementioned playtesting yesterday we buffed out the settings for the gametype and I did just about all I can think of to the actual map so far, so here it is!

Rules:

• First to 150 points wins
  • 20 points for a jump shot
  • 15 for a dunk
  • 10 sec "shot-clock"
    if you dont pass the ball to a team-mate, or shoot within the 10 seconds, the ball "explodes" and it resets
  • Tip-offs: The ball has a 5 second reset timer and spawns at mid court 2.5 units up
  • Weapons: Traditional Grifball Melee set + Always-on Thruster pack
  • No altered traits besides a guaranteed 1-HKO from the Baschetball
  • 3 seconds respawn
  • No friendly fire
  • Supports up to 8 players, RvB Only

Map
Gametype

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hey guys I work pretty much all this weekend so I wanted to put this out there before I head out

After the aforementioned playtesting yesterday we buffed out the settings for the gametype and I did just about all I can think of to the actual map so far, so here it is!

Rules:

• First to 150 points wins
  • 20 points for a jump shot
  • 15 for a dunk
  • 10 sec "shot-clock"
    if you dont pass the ball to a team-mate, or shoot within the 10 seconds, the ball "explodes" and it resets
  • Tip-offs: The ball has a 5 second reset timer and spawns at mid court 2.5 units up
  • Weapons: Traditional Grifball Melee set + Always-on Thruster pack
  • No altered traits besides a guaranteed 1-HKO from the Baschetball
  • 3 seconds respawn
  • No friendly fire

Map
Gametype

Is it okay if I add them to my File Share? I might play it with some people later.

Computer

First game of Halo 4 I've played in a few months. 3 black screens the last black screen last for 5 minutes then kicks me out of the game.

Sometimes I feel like I miss playing Halo. So I play Halo. After one game I don't miss playing Halo.

First game of Halo 4 I've played in a few months. 3 black screens the last black screen last for 5 minutes then kicks me out of the game.

Sometimes I feel like I miss playing Halo. So I play Halo. After one game I don't miss playing Halo.
The lag and black screens have been worse than ever for the past two weeks.

Madness

Wait a second reddit users arent smart enough to realize Halo 4 sucks?

I really think they are all kids whose first games were Reach or even 4. It's expected. Anyone can and does register for Reddit.

I once made a simple comment about sprint and how it's detrimental to Halo gameplay and I was downvoted like 40 times within like 10 minutes. It's pretty bad, even IGN readers are more open minded.

wwm0nkey

Yeah but there is a reason /r/Halo is a ghost town with the same posters over and over again, place was pretty active before 4 but people stopped going there.

Computer

When ever I play Halo around people that don't play Halo they always make fun of the game and say it looks like a cartoon. Sometimes I feel they are right. It may be time for Halo to update its art style to a more realistic look.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
When ever I play Halo around people that don't play Halo they always make fun of the game and say it looks like a cartoon. Sometimes I feel they are right. It may be time for Halo to update its art style to a more realistic look.

Reach did that, and it didn't look good. Halo is about vibrant colours and beautiful scenes, not about gritty brown and grey stuff.

wwm0nkey

The hell is this? No, they should never do that. Halo 4 already lost parts of the Halo gameplay identity lets not get rid of the visual identity too.

Though if there were a trade off between "realistic" graphics for classic gameplay I would take the classic gameplay.

lmfao son of a shit..

coN1ri9.jpg

-EDIT-

I must've really hurt someone's feelings lol.. This thing really won't ever accidentally clear until 2159 huh? Somewhere down my legacy I will have my revenge!

2159 huh? Lucky, you got it easier than me. :(

w8jllld.png

I still got Bungie.net and NeoGAF though!

General question, do you guys browse/and or use any other Halo related gaming sites? I just use HaloGAF and Bungie.net now.

Madness

Who cares what people think? Minecraft sold millions, is the second most played game on XBL and does it look any less than a cartoon?

I'm guessing whoever says Halo looks like a cartoon probably still has 'teen' at the end of their age. It's precisely why gaming is going down. People want blood, guts, gore and realism because it's supposedly 'cool'. It's why Chief has gone from green armor to almost black. It's why Halo 4 toned down the primary colors, the neons and purples.

People wanted a realistic look for Zelda after Wind Waker and you got Twilight Princess. Yet which is the game people still love to play, emulate and is even getting a new HD treatment?

It's this mindset why Kirby, and many other great series are not made or don't sell as well. It's why Dead Rising 3 is not as bright, goofy or colorful as it used to be and the devs even said it's because they wanted to to capture the 'realistic CoD crowd'.

Sorry for the rant. But Halo is Halo. You play it because it's a fun shooter game, one set 550+ years from now against aliens.

Top Bottom