• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

jdouglas

So I recently played some BTB and doubles and snipers and grifball (in that order...I think it was 2,1,2,1 games respectively) with a friend. I can only take Halo 4 in small doses these days with all of the stuff. I used to be ultra-competitive but now I just don't care.

Said friend was talking to me (he's very casual btw) and he said that he liked Halo without the AAs and sprint. Hope H5 takes care of this, but at this point I...don't really...care. Yep. I'll let HIM buy the game next time around (along with the 500[ish] dollar system.)

belushy

Banned
2159 huh? Lucky, you got it easier than me. :(

w8jllld.png

I still got Bungie.net and NeoGAF though!

General question, do you guys browse/and or use any other Halo related gaming sites? I just use HaloGAF and Bungie.net now.

At the moment, I chat on GAF and Beyond. I also visit se7ensins for modded Halo stuff, but it is mainly lurking.

When ever I play Halo around people that don't play Halo they always make fun of the game and say it looks like a cartoon. Sometimes I feel they are right. It may be time for Halo to update its art style to a more realistic look.

Nah man. Not for me. I'd rather play a Halo game looking like jetset radio than a 'realistic' aesthetic.

daedalius

When ever I play Halo around people that don't play Halo they always make fun of the game and say it looks like a cartoon. Sometimes I feel they are right. It may be time for Halo to update its art style to a more realistic look.

Or, they are idiots.

Yeah but there is a reason /r/Halo is a ghost town with the same posters over and over again, place was pretty active before 4 but people stopped going there.

Yea, man... I can't think of any other places like that.

Nope.

IHaveIce

Banned
Was about to play ODST at E3 and he just kind of came in with 2 of his body guards and they let them in before the people in the line >:c

Not actually angry....his body guards were god damn giants though.

At the time of ODST? He was a gamebattles kid back then. How did he has bodyguards and a celeb status

wwm0nkey

Or, they are idiots.

Nope.
I guess you could easily compare HaloGAF to /r/Halo just one hates Halo 4 where the others defend it.

At the time of ODST? He was a gamebattles kid back then. How did he has bodyguards and a celeb status

We are still talking about Souljaboy right? Or am I just really confused and about to feel dumb right now? lol

IHaveIce

Banned
I guess you could easily compare HaloGAF to /r/Halo just one hates Halo 4 where the others defend it.

We are still talking about Souljaboy right? Or am I just really confused and about to feel dumb right now? lol

Lol for some reason I thought you meant Ninja.

wwm0nkey

Not everyone here hates it, but some people like to convince themselves that they do.

I mean a majority of people here seem to dislike it where as a majority of people on /r/halo dislike it. There are some here who enjoy Halo 4 and there are some on /r/reddit that don't.

Though I would say HaloGAF is more welcoming to people that like Halo 4 than /r/Halo is to people who dislike it.

TheOddOne

Nope.
Halo 4 has some nice qualities, however the bad things outweigh the good by a large margin. It's just difficult to defend anything, because much of it just fundamentally flawed. To see people take a critical stance isn’t surprising and shouldn’t shock nobody, because every good thing brought to the game is just dragged down by numerous other factors that make it hard to appreciate it.

It might seem ungrateful, but people do appreciate the consistent updates brought by the sustain team. It’s just, even they have to acknowledge that people will be extra critical regardless and if they know their target base well how they will react.

People that do the weekly or daily drive-by trolling can buck off though.

TCKaos

It does look realistic. It just happens to also enjoy using more than one primary color at any point in time.

J10

Banned

I agree, colors are for children. Grownups - the kind that pay bills and contemplate suicide regularly - only wanna see shit brown, concrete grey, and piss yellow.

Halo 3 & Halo 4 looked far from a cartoon perspective in terms of the art style.

Omni

You could put that map in Call of Duty no one would know any different.

The art direction in Halo 4 is pretty awful altogether though. Aside from a couple of levels at the start of the game, the rest of the campaign is really dull.
Comparison shots with similar environments (in Halo 3, just because I can)
It's all shit browns
maxresdefault.jpg
Halo-3-Postcards-The-Ark-2.jpg

muddy greens
Halo-4-campaign-jungle.jpg
6189609362_eedf9e4936_b.jpg

and monotone greys (don't have a Halo 3 picture that matches up with this, so w/e)
011089.jpg
Halo_3_Desktop___The_Covenant2_by_DarklordIIID.jpg

Admittedly, I do like the Forerunner corridors though. They look much more vibrant.

Sup haloGAF? So is the map pack and the stuff that came with it any good? I saw some dude eject from his vehicle after I blew it up last night, so that was pretty stupid. How's the pit?

nillapuddin

not sure if anyone tried out the Baschetball gametype-map combo that I threw out there yesterday, but if you are interested, I took some feedback and added a mode that is completely teamwork oriented, as well as a new larger arena for bigger teams

check the post here

feel free to drop any feedback or comments, the more people that play the better it will get

Top Bottom