• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

I don't really see much in Titanfall either.

I'm just not going to get so hyped up for a game I'm not invested in. Destiny and Titanfall look like good potential buys, but why bother getting worked up over it until I have the chance to play them?

How is it floating

:eek:

There's some clear acrylic attachments. You just can't see it because of the quality/lighting.

I have to admit, I do like this cover art:

The scene where you teleport to the Cryptum in Forerunner is one of the most effective points in the game, considering that everyone who knew anything about the fiction had already correctly guessed that's what it was. If you aren't paying attention beforehand, you don't really realize that your entire goal is a misdirection. The music cue that hits when you teleport is awesome and it's definitely one of the places where the teleporters were used effectively.

So why is it they are so hesitant to call Halo for Xbox One Halo 5? Is this going to be something different, like a spin off, but still featuring Master Chief?

So why is it they are so hesitant to call Halo for Xbox One Halo 5? Is this going to be something different, like a spin off, but still featuring Master Chief?

I heard a theory that it might go the same route as the Assassins Creed games with Ezio, those being actual sequels, but not actually numbered.

I have no idea why, it makes things more confusing.

inb4 Sarah Palmer main protagonist of Halo games.

I heard a theory that it might go the same route as the Assassins Creed games with Ezio, those being actual sequels, but not actually numbered.

There is no subtitle either. If i had to guess it was because it was too early but MS wanted a Halo reveal at E3 for the next gen console. I think a new trailer will reveal it as Halo 5.

The scene where you teleport to the Cryptum in Forerunner is one of the most effective points in the game, considering that everyone who knew anything about the fiction had already correctly guessed that's what it was. If you aren't paying attention beforehand, you don't really realize that your entire goal is a misdirection. The music cue that hits when you teleport is awesome and it's definitely one of the places where the teleporters were used effectively.

I agree, that part was really effective. That level actually had some nice music that was discernible in the sound mixing as well.

But then whats the big plan for Halo 5 that makes Halo for Xbox One different? Just the mystery of whether or not the new game featuring SP with MC and new, 60fps MP is Halo 5 or not doesn't make much sense to me.

FyreWulff

In all honesty?

It's so there's no confusion over whether it's coming out for 360 or not. Halo 4 was introduced as an 'Xbox 360 trilogy' (how everyone heard it), now they have to overcome that as people tend to not update their information as they go.

TCKaos

If handled properly it could actually work. Make it a split narrative like we had with the Chief and Arbiter in Halo 2. Palmer works with Majestic in a Republic Commando manner to hunt down Halsey, who has the other half of the massive star-map with the locations of every Forerunner artifact. You also play as Chief, who has gone AWOL with Cortana's data chip to look for Halsey and a way to revive Cortana.

The narratives would cross when they both board the same Covenant ship and/or land on the same Forerunner planet where Halsey is, much like how Chief and Arbiter met when captured by the Gravemind.

There is no subtitle either. If i had to guess it was because it was too early but MS wanted a Halo reveal at E3 for the next gen console. I think a new trailer will reveal it as Halo 5.
I don't know why it wasn't Halo 5 from the start, it was already announced that Halo 4 was starting a new Trilogy/Saga so the next logical step would be Halo 5, i don't get why they didn't call it that from the start.

In all honesty?

It's so there's no confusion over whether it's coming out for 360 or not. Halo 4 was introduced as an 'Xbox 360 trilogy' (how everyone heard it), now they have to overcome that as people tend to not update their information as they go.

Why don't they just advertise it as Halo 5 exclusively for Xbox One?

If handled properly it could actually work. Make it a split narrative like we had with the Chief and Arbiter in Halo 2. Palmer works with Majestic in a Republic Commando manner to hunt down Halsey, who has the other half of the massive star-map with the locations of every Forerunner artifact. You also play as Chief, who has gone AWOL with Cortana's data chip to look for Halsey and a way to revive Cortana.

The narratives would cross when they both board the same Covenant ship and/or land on the same Forerunner planet where Halsey is, much like how Chief and Arbiter met when captured by the Gravemind.
I would be down for that actually.

In all honesty?

Ok, that actually makes sense. Make people associate the new Halo with the Xbox One name before they introduce it as Halo 5.

I wonder if we will learn more about the game sooner rather than later just so Microsoft can support the Xbox One with a Halo title and hype. Even with my mixed feelings about the status of Halos future I am greatly looking forward to seeing more. Next Gen Halo is an exciting concept, and at the very least it should produce some awesome trailers.

I have to admit, I do like this cover art:

The master chief avatar cloack part is a shopped right guys, right?

Just make palmer's history a Black Ops Series while Chief is on the main game

So did anyone see this video?

It's essentially a controller that can be split in half to function as a Wii-more/Nunchuk combo. The video uses Anniversary to demo it.

Thats pretty cool actually.. well before next gen systems/controllers were announced I was hoping they may consider going this route. Mixed with Kinect it could actually provide some really awesome and unique motion gaming.

Someone. Anyone. Play Halo 4.

image.php

Ghazi

I feel so stupid, I think I'm actually going to buy Halo 4 GOTY and then give the War Pass code away or something since I already have it.

daedalius

This could actually be really cool.

I really loved the narrative switching in H2.

Ghazi

Just give it to me lol

Why the hell not.

(I'm not getting it on release day though, maybe around December)

And that's if I haven't changed my mind by then, I know I'll regret getting it again since I didn't like it but I hate not owning it at the least. In return I ask for something trivial, only your soul and a strand of hair from heckfu's beard.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not the same kind of ordnance, though. It seems like a loadout ability, not a killstreak type thing.

Why the hell not.

(I'm not getting it on release day though, maybe around December)

And that's if I haven't changed my mind by then, I know I'll regret getting it again since I didn't like it but I hate not owning it at the least. In return I ask for something trivial, only your soul and a strand of hair from heckfu's beard.
I already sold my soul to gui for some cheese tacos, fu's beard... we'll see.

Madness

Fuck, next two games for gold are Magic and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Looks like they won't give us Halo 3 till well after XbOne launch so that they don't have to worry about playlist updates/consolidation.

I don't think I ever beat Rainbow Six Vegas. Was stuck at some part on the last Dam level. Multiplayer was decent at the time though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed Silly.Mikey is banned. Did he finally break down and flip his shit beyond redemption? Give me the scoopz, HaloGAF.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
this failure to spread petty gossip disappoints me, halogaf

Top Bottom